The online racing simulator
Is there some secret ABS setting, via keyboard or something like that, that i accidentally turned on? It's off in the game menu, where all other assist are, but that Mini Apps app is tripping me i have it on..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is there some secret ABS setting, via keyboard or something like that, that i accidentally turned on? It's off in the game menu, where all other assist are, but that Mini Apps app is tripping me i have it on..

Ctrl+a I think
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is there some secret ABS setting, via keyboard or something like that, that i accidentally turned on? It's off in the game menu, where all other assist are, but that Mini Apps app is tripping me i have it on..

It's not really secret. Cars that have ABS/TC on them will automatically have them enabled unless disabled through ctrl+a/ctrl+t. I think there's a car that TC isn't able to be disabled because the real car can't disable TC as well.
You're kidding me.. So even if it's disabled in the main menu, some cars will have it on by default? Does RSR app takes this into consideration, when you look the laps and the settings people have?
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're kidding me.. So even if it's disabled in the main menu, some cars will have it on by default? Does RSR app takes this into consideration, when you look the laps and the settings people have?

I'm not sure. It is realistic though, considering some cars do have TC/ABS enabled by default or non-disable-able as well.
Very unhappy with people cutting the chicane at Monza online, They get a 5 second penalty but for those who actually do the chicane, it's not enough time for them to catch up..
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're kidding me.. So even if it's disabled in the main menu, some cars will have it on by default? Does RSR app takes this into consideration, when you look the laps and the settings people have?

Mostly on all cars u have abs default
Facepalm.. I noticed the ABS distinctive sound when braking sometimes, but i reckoned since it's turned off in the settings, it can't be it.
Not a fan of those things, either have it on if the real car has it, but don't allow to turn it off then.. This way you can't tell if someone had it or not and how much it improved the lap time..
Only car that has abs off by default is ktm xbow

Snoopy is working on v0.4.3 with proper shadows and paintings, this will add some more sense of speed

Edit: Some nice tandem drifting at mountain drift track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbz3YP0iyDg#t=64

This is some solid netcode, no glitching or some weird animations in corners, + how Hi get visible opponents skidmarks?

Edit2:

Nords v0.4.3 :guitarist
https://drive.google.com/file/ ... Gns0sclZuSHVYYmlhaVk/edit

-removed some bad trees
-added writings on the track
-added skidmarks. Very low res and ugly. Still don't know how to make semi-transparent alpha.
-added trees in some areas, not really realistic, but better looking
-trees cast proper shadows
-timing is split in 4 sectors, time from pit to finish line still counted, don't know how to fix this
-17 pit boxes, still 9 start positions
any more info on the no booking stuff from the genius?
Quote from kars19 :only car that has abs off by default is ktm xbow

Are you people turning it off every time with Ctrl+A on other cars or you don't bother?
Why would I want to turn it off? It's making my laptimes more consistent and it's not discouraged by the game mechanics, to there is no point turning it off.
Quote from Kristi :Why would I want to turn it off? It's making my laptimes more consistent and it's not discouraged by the game mechanics, to there is no point turning it off.

this

you got slower lap times without that abs, on some cars a lot slower laps.
till now u drove it with abs,why do u want to drive without it now? think that is pro or what? go try it, u gonna switch abs on after few min of frustration...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Are you people turning it off every time with Ctrl+A on other cars or you don't bother?

On the cars that has abs I usually use them, on the cars like F40, L49 I don't, because pressing ctrl+a does nothing, abs are always off.
Quote from troy :No penalty system next time plox k thx, it's not like we have people constantly cutting everywhere in LFS since we don't have the system here. I've got no idea why this should be turned on at all, especially while the server is passworded.

Yeah, that penalty was a config booboo from my side.

How was the latency and jitter? It felt good in my end. A little jitter, but that is in the netcode I think, and comes with low latency connections.

I had a great first few laps, but you guys are soooo much faster than me, I'm struggling to be consistent because I have to push beyond my talent. I did the race alone earlier in the day and did consistent 8:57 laps, but with you lot on the server I did one clean lap that was slightly faster, the rest were a mess.... :-)
Being the only American there, it seemed quite stable. I had no random jitters or anything like that. Whoever was viewing me probably saw some jitters though with the 150-160 ping.

Now that I know the track better, wouldn't mind racing there a bit more.

Last thing, anyone getting some FPS drops with Snoopy's v0.4.3? If it wasn't for the time fixes I probably wouldn't even "upgrade" to it.
It all looked good and solid from here, I was following you for that first lap and a half and it was like single player mode. The cars pitch and roll beautifully, too.
I got a bit jittery movement for the lower ping clients. It's like the netcode defaults to a "no prediction mode" when the latency is low, making the cars jitter. I have a more stable experience with a little more latency, probably due to heavier prediction.

I love to watch the cars bounce, roll and yaw over the bumps, looks pretty badass. :-)
Next time we are connecting the server with some torrents running on med priority in the background then, I guess ^^
Hehe. Generally torrents don't seem to matter much, it seems. I often forget to close uTorrent when gaming. :-)

I guess the netcode will be tweaked further.
Nord + 458 + Assetto = better than some real life experiences

Maybe I live in cloud cuckoo land but to me this isn't far off a turning point in sims because I sat there on Assetto thinking "this is getting close to being better than some real life experiences I've had driving"
I think that's a tad extreme. AC is obviously very good, but it does have some flaws in the physics that occasionally annoy. I guess the mitigating factor is not many people have access to circuits in things like 458s and can push without fear of accidents - that's a thrill that reality can't provide.
Haven't tried the 458, but the 312 is brilliant at the Ring. No idea if that means it's realistic though.
I take my car around croft quite regulaly, and i can say i get an equal enjoyment from both sim and real life, but nothing replaces the in your seat of your pants feeling you get when you are actually there.. The sweatyness (although the e30 around snoopys nub last night had me dripping) the sounds, smells, the way your helmet feels on your noggin when cornering all make real driving that much more demanding.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG