The online racing simulator
It is planned on September this year. But I doubt it will be on time.
I don't have such doubts. All updates and briefings until now are 100% accurate.
Quote from cargame.nl :I don't have such doubts. All updates and briefings until now are 100% accurate.

Except for the fact that Multiplayer was postponed twice, although not officially announced and the release date for 1.0 is far off now, but yes they are 100% accurate. I don't mind waiting until next year for a scanned Nords though, I believe that Kunos' dates are not early 2009 as such.
So, LFS as an example, do you want c#@p released, or do you want a working solution to an improvement, in their case, multiplayer.

LFS has some of the best netcode so far, AC probably want to match it.

They've done a pretty good job of a Sim so far, I'm inclined to cut them some slack with getting updates out. It's not like their updates are 3 years apart is it ?

And, as they allow customer tracks, then that's a great bonus as well.
Quote from Mysho :So looking forward to multiplayer, then I might finally uninstall LFS from my HDD.

No install - no uninstall.
Just delete the directory (but I wouldn't)
I tried that Eastern track after earthquake and I had fun with Huauyahura
Attached images
29-4-2014 11-54-50.png
Quote from Der Abt :No install - no uninstall.
Just delete the directory (but I wouldn't)

Back in times it was like that, but I have uninstall app in my LFS directory now, so why not use that instead of raw deletion of files.
Assuming I'm a) awake and b) with power + internet connection, I'll try to get a server up Friday as soon as possible after the patch comes out. Provided it can work on Linux + wine
Before you guys jump to conclusions about the PS4 dev kits images:
Quote :Hi there: probably a better title for this thread might be "will AC come to PS4 ?" Infact at today, it isn't a fact, but just a generic option that is the same for any videogame developer. Hope you guys are not surprised that a PC videogame company decides to invest some R&D into the next-gen hardware, regardless of current or lo-terms future developments. If we don't start to look into it far in advance, it might be too late to do that in future. But there's an ocean between "take a look into" and "have a game ready for PS4". And, I'm pretty confident that, being safe the simulative nature of Assetto Corsa already achieved, we'll prevent any speculation about any drift in how we conceive simracing, regardless of any platform or format we decide to use in future.

Just testing the waters is all.
Is it worth getting a quad core for AS? or is gpu more important. Which upgrade is gona yield more fps.

thx
Depends on your current spec I guess, can't say anything about CPU usage on a multiplayer field yet but single player (without AI) it's certainly GPU limited for most I would say. Add a full field of AI's and my 3570k (4 core ivy bridge at 4.2ghz) is starting to struggle.
I would say quad core is minimum for AC.
Both is the correct answer.
Wondering if this quad core "minimum requirement" is filled if I have i5 with just 2 physical cores but 4 threads? Don't know much about this stuff,I'm no PC geek.
Quote from Eclipsed :Wondering if this quad core "minimum requirement" is filled if I have i5 with just 2 physical cores but 4 threads? Don't know much about this stuff,I'm no PC geek.

that requirement is met
Quote from anttt69 :Is it worth getting a quad core for AS? or is gpu more important. Which upgrade is gona yield more fps.

thx

With an AI sometimes I do get the CPU limit message with an i7-3770k - yeah at is an 8 core cpu.
Is there an app to track CPU load? I only have a dual core cpu, and can't say I've been aware of a severe performance drop off that I haven't been able to improve by turning down the graphics quality, so if the CPU has been maxed out it hasn't been obvious (to me).
Have you played with AI's or just hotlapping?

E: Stupid question.. With performance drops you of course meant driving with other cars
Quote from tikshow :With an AI sometimes I do get the CPU limit message with an i7-3770k - yeah at is an 8 core cpu.

Actually it's a 4 core cpu with 8 threads, usually games will not benefit from that. Mostly stuff like encoding or rendering should see gains. At least that was the case when I last checked.
my dad shipped my g25 to me,i spent about 1 hour in game and about 5 minutes on the road itself in that time.... wtf
Quote from troy :Actually it's a 4 core cpu with 8 threads, usually games will not benefit from that. Mostly stuff like encoding or rendering should see gains. At least that was the case when I last checked.

Some games will actually benefit a little from disabling CPU hyperthreading, but they are quite rare.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG