The online racing simulator
Quote from Zac86 :I never said the physics were bad I was just stating that I can't feel the grip coming back while correcting an oversteer situation.

The only real life racing experience I have is with AWD cars so I cant comment on how these RWD cars react to my inputs.

Don't worry, no you didn't say the physics were bad I know. But take MadCat's suggestion because earlier on people were scratching their heads since some people could slide around all day and some people couldn't save a slide worth a turd. It turns out that there are a few things in the AC and video card settings that make a massive difference for some reason in AC (never saw these issues in any other sim but what the hell - the solutions make a massive difference in AC).

Flip back some pages in this very thread and there's a link PMD (EDIT: the other Phil) posted to an AC thread explaining all the things you need to change and why, and there's a bunch of information in this thread as well if you look back. If I wasn't such a lazy SOB I'd go back and link you the pages but alas...
Yeah the other Phil here posted the useful link.

Personally, I'd look over your settings and go through the link posted above. I'd test on the 1M as to me it is the easiest to put in whatever situation you want to. Very balanced. Once you have your settings proper I'm sure you'll feel everything as you should.

AC has been the only sim, since LFS, where I feel exactly what I want to feel. Some cars I enjoy and some cars I dislike. It isn't necessarily because "the physics are bad". It is just because the car's characteristics aren't something I enjoy
Anyone noticed that new patch/es have defaulted the INI files? Just saw that my Max frame latency is back to 0, funny enough i didn't noticed any differences, placebo?
Found the .ini file

WOW HUGE DIFFERANCE!! Thanks
Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyone noticed that new patch/es have defaulted the INI files? Just saw that my Max frame latency is back to 0, funny enough i didn't noticed any differences, placebo?

That's why you should force it from drivers (if you're on Nvidia) rather than games ini files that can get patched over to defaults.
How do you force the pre-render thingy with Nvidia's controll panell? And what should be an allround good setting?
Quote from The Very End :How do you force the pre-render thingy with Nvidia's controll panell? And what should be an allround good setting?

Ideally you have 0 pre-rendered frames for the most immediate response.
Is that what was on 3 before in AC files, and then we changed to 1 in the ini's before patch?
I believe 0 usually means automatic = 3.

I've used 1 on every sim as it's the lowest setting you can manually choose from the drivers and haven't had any issues.

If I start using value as 1 global setting, how does it affect other games that is not sims? Will it look awkward or result in rendering errors?
From what I've read, you might get jumpier/lower FPS in some games if you use 1 as global. I'd stick with individual profiles.
Great, thanks, I'll create a separate profile for AC then
AC should already be in the presets, atleast with the current drivers, no need to create a new one.
But someone said that after patch the ini had changed to a other value. Or does this other value means that it does standard the game to a good amount of pre-render frame?
Standard in the AC ini file is 0 which means the driver decides, if you set it to 1 via driver thats what it will be at.
Like troy said.

Also regardless of application/game, driver settings override whatever the program wants to use as it has higher level of permissions to the actual hardware.
Is there way to change that on ATI ?
Or i should do it manual with that .ini file ( dont know where is it )
Quote from undertaker00 :Is there way to change that on ATI ?
Or i should do it manual with that .ini file ( dont know where is it )

Catalyst should have similar setting.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Catalyst should have similar setting.

Nope. Catalyst is crap, get RadeonPro, it has that setting.
Radeon pro crashes the game..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Radeon pro crashes the game..

Set the profile to target acs.exe instead of the launcher's assettocorsa.exe - it should be ok. Might also need to tell RadeonPro to disable API detection for assettocorsa.exe entirely.
Quote from xaotik :Set the profile to target acs.exe instead of the launcher's assettocorsa.exe - it should be ok. Might also need to tell RadeonPro to disable API detection for assettocorsa.exe entirely.

Ok i've installed it again, was it the 'flip queue size' the option i'm after? 0 or 1?
And i'm not quite sure how to disable that API detection, do i need to add a profile then for assettocorsa.exe?

edit: yep still crashes. Added only the acs.exe profile, without doing that other thing.
Is Kristaps Dzelzgalvis one of us here? I can recall kars19 being called that, isn't he?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG