The online racing simulator
Quote from Gills4life :
The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll - If I am that retarded then can you immediately tell me how to fix this problem. Cheers your Majesty.

Hey, good to see you back! What VGA do you have? DX10 cards are not supported.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Hey, good to see you back! What VGA do you have? DX10 cards are not supported.

Hi mate! I have a directx 11 card but running on Vista at the moment. It says in the minimum specs that it should run on Vista. (I know I'm going to be laughed at for still using shitty vista) I downgraded to Vista from 7 because at the time there was some old games I could play on Vista but not 7.
Quote from Gills4life :Hi mate! I have a directx 11 card but running on Vista at the moment. It says in the minimum specs that it should run on Vista. (I know I'm going to be laughed at for still using shitty vista) I downgraded to Vista from 7 because at the time there was some old games I could play on Vista but not 7.

Ok, I just did some googling, according to this you should reinstall DirectX.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Ok, I just did some googling, according to this you should reinstall DirectX.

I have genuinely tried that about 3 times.

Every time it says I have a newer or at least the equivalent version running already. Such a pain in the ass!
Installing. Will post honest feedback, considering I've held out on buying it because I don't care much about it. But if it's good I'll be the first (or 9999999999999th) person to elaborate..
Quote from Gills4life :I have genuinely tried that about 3 times.

Every time it says I have a newer or at least the equivalent version running already. Such a pain in the ass!

Weird. Can you see the dxgi.dll file in your Windows/system32 folder? If not I can send mine to you, might worth a try.
Thanks for the link, was a great post from Marco.

Now does anyone know which manufacturers were at the top of the voting?
How do I remove autoshifting and racing line??? Couldnt find it in options.

Also why does L49 not oversteer at all.
Change aids on the drive screen, is in the column below car picture, on summary page.
49 oversteers here, TC on maybe?
It's kinda hidden there where you choose time, track temperature, it looks like a volume control.. Put the "pro" settings, that disables all aids.
Quote from _Rob_ :Change aids on the drive screen, is in the column below car picture, on summary page.
49 oversteers here, TC on maybe?

thanks, didnt even see that.

Though I must say, wtf SIM offers tractions control???????
Quote from Bmxtwins :thanks, didnt even see that.

A SIM, a simulator, simulating real cars with real Traction Control systems. Obviously the L49 didn't have TC, but is it really out of order for a sim to have options for people who aren't like us and havent been driving on sims since we could reach the pedals?
Quote from Bmxtwins :thanks, didnt even see that.

If a sim is designed to simulate real cars, is it not realistic to offer those systems on cars which have it on the real car? Same with ABS.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If a sim is designed to simulate real cars, is it not realistic to offer those systems on cars which have it on the real car? Same with ABS.

Yes, and imho in the case of ABS simply "switching it off" (as if the car has such a switch) isn't as realistic as keeping it on a lot of the time.
Ok so my first thoughts. Forcefeedback is pretty amazing but lacks the transitional feel when understeer starts to happen (ie lightening the wheel). But pretty good imo. Hard to judge turn in points, but the cars take predictable behaviors unlike iRacing.

Cockpit views I've tried are very good comparable with iRacing's, unlike LFS where I cannot drive in cockpit.

Not a fan of the shifting motions, dont like how the driver reaches for the knob before I even shift. It's a bit distracting. The digital rev limiter is too low on the screen to use IMO and very hard to read. Nothing major.

Curb physics are shit, and I dont like the autoslow down, would rather be able to drive full speed on grass for fun if I feel like it.

Braking is slightly too sensitive with lock ups. I'm on the CSR Elite load cell pedals, barely push half force and I get uber lock ups. Also the sim lacks a feeling of tire flex IMO.

Still feels better than iRacing and rFactor and I'm sure that AC guys are still fine tuning. Slightly over-arcadish in some of its aspects. But in general not an arcade game at all. Cant wait to see how servers allow for hardcore modes.

I wouldn't recommend it atm because no multiplayer, but once MP is out I would 100% recommend it even with the things I don't like. Can't wait!
Quote from Bmxtwins :Ok so my first thoughts. 1.Forcefeedback is pretty amazing but lacks the transitional feel when understeer starts to happen (ie lightening the wheel). But pretty good imo. Hard to judge turn in points, but the cars take predictable behaviors unlike iRacing.

2.Cockpit views I've tried are very good comparable with iRacing's, unlike LFS where I cannot drive in cockpit.

3.Not a fan of the shifting motions, dont like how the driver reaches for the knob before I even shift. It's a bit distracting. 4.The digital rev limiter is too low on the screen to use IMO and very hard to read. Nothing major.

5.Curb physics are shit, and 6.I dont like the autoslow down, would rather be able to drive full speed on grass for fun if I feel like it.

7.Braking is slightly too sensitive with lock ups. I'm on the CSR Elite load cell pedals, barely push half force and I get uber lock ups. Also the sim lacks a feeling of tire flex IMO.

Still feels better than iRacing and rFactor and I'm sure that AC guys are still fine tuning. Slightly over-arcadish in some of its aspects. But in general not an arcade game at all. Cant wait to see how servers allow for hardcore modes.

I wouldn't recommend it atm because no multiplayer, but once MP is out I would 100% recommend it even with the things I don't like. Can't wait!

1. wut, I can feel it just fine, make sure you haven't got the force up too high
2. fine
3. turn off driver arms?
4. move the app? you have read about this sim right?
5. define 'shit'
6. drive practice mode
7. bets are you are doing it wrong. On clubsports and barely ever lock up (see matrixi post below)
Quote from Bmxtwins :Braking is slightly too sensitive with lock ups. I'm on the CSR Elite load cell pedals, barely push half force and I get uber lock ups.

Set brake gamma (curve) to 1.00 (straight linear line), using that with my ClubSport V2's which also uses load cell and it feels perfect.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Weird. Can you see the dxgi.dll file in your Windows/system32 folder? If not I can send mine to you, might worth a try.

Indeed I can mate which is making me all the more puzzled by this. I've tried re-installing it from scratch and still saying the same thing. Really frustrated!

Seems like I've found a guy on the AC forums with the same issue, I am going to try the link for the update to fix it and see if I can finally get on track!
There are a few weird kerbs. Valleunga seems to have the most, although the reactions are kinda what you'd expect trying to drive a race car over a giant kerb.
So the update fixed my problem, only for me to get a different yet similar error now..

"The procedure entry point WinSqmAddToSteamEx could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll"

Damn it
Something seriously wrong with your Vista lol
It is a pain in the ass, I only downgraded for a few games that wouldn't work on 7. Didn't seem like it was worth it now! Will have to get 7 back on I guess to play this now

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG