The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
Quote from CheerioDM :http://www.cinemablend.com/gam ... Gran-Turismo-5-60910.html

Teribble comparo, as the GT6 replays have motion blur even in the normal gameplay views unlike in GT5

Also no more low res alpha on smoke etc unlike in GT5 which was pretty ugly

There is less AA, but higher res in 1080p, but also more erratic frame rate.
720p is smooth though

I use the "Sharp" display setting - removes the blurry FXAA style AA
Quote from CoolColJ :While the SLS GT3 is sexy on the inside, it doesn't sound all that special on the outside - I came across this vid
Quite a metallic zing ring sound at full throttle upper revs

http://youtu.be/Ck23f6Gs7Gg?t=55s

I think PD only record exhausts and not much intake sound....
And have the mic too close to the car, so you hear all the air rush and zing

In this video the metallic sound you describe is the induction sound. The low "thud thud thud" is exhaust.
I don't really care about GT6, but IIRC the biggest problem with PD sounds is that the samples they have bothered recording are done without any load, just free-revving the engine at stand still. It's not the only problem tho, the sound engine itself is pretty horrid also.

BTW I'm not a fan of the modern Mercedes V8 sound myself.
^That's not what I'm referring to. Off course under hard cornering they will, but this is under straight line if I go to pass a car it wants to let the body fly away. My stock rabbit had body roll, but once I went to a GTI suspension I had nothing like this.

Back when I was stock.

A local racer entering a LH kink
I think you'd be surprised how much bodyroll you can achieve. Also, you are usually turning alot harder than you think in game, especially with the FOV set to default. What looks like shallow corners are almost hairpins, and I'm sure if you look at your lateral G-meter while passing a car you are yanking the wheel harder than you think....
Quote from atledreier :I think you'd be surprised how much bodyroll you can achieve. Also, you are usually turning alot harder than you think in game, especially with the FOV set to default. What looks like shallow corners are almost hairpins, and I'm sure if you look at your lateral G-meter while passing a car you are yanking the wheel harder than you think....

I'm using a fully built racing seat so the turning is quite minimal. You'd have to own or drive one to understand my aggravation I guess lol. It just doesn't behave at all as a MkI GTI should.

I really don't want to drive the 2000gt in game because that car in my opinion is the greatest car ever created and if it sucks in game my lifetime savings goal will be worthless lol.
Anyone know how to get the Mario Andretti Hudson? We had a 52 Hornet Twin H and that was my favorite car we've owned!

And what's funny is the car in their videos is clearly a 52/53 Hudson, but his was 48

http://playstation.gt6firstlove.com/chapter-2/
Quote from BigPeBe :In this video the metallic sound you describe is the induction sound. The low "thud thud thud" is exhaust.
I don't really care about GT6, but IIRC the biggest problem with PD sounds is that the samples they have bothered recording are done without any load, just free-revving the engine at stand still. It's not the only problem tho, the sound engine itself is pretty horrid also.

BTW I'm not a fan of the modern Mercedes V8 sound myself.

I posted a pic some where here of them recording a car on the dyno, so they do them that way for sure
They just use very short samples and not a lot of them spaced throughout the rev range, probably just 2 at most. Memory is tight for them - 256MB in the PS3 can only go so far. Especially when x16 cars

---

here is a test drive vid I did today of the AMG Vision GT - sounds a bit like an SLS
AMG did supply the engine sounds though...
You can still tell there aren't a lot of samples used throughout the rev range, gets a little "chipmunk" at the top end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsbxdB_hFNs
Quote from Matrixi :Pretty good theory why GT sounds as bad as it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HkyrjBbW8I

Plus the fact there are about 800-900 cars (not counting duplicates), it will take a long time to get decent sound samples from all rev ranges.
There's a lot of people blaming the poor sounds on the 256MB of RAM on the PS3. We'll see how it goes with GT7 on the PS4, but if that fails I don't know what can back it up...
Quote from CoolColJ :I posted a pic some where here of them recording a car on the dyno, so they do them that way for sure
They just use very short samples and not a lot of them spaced throughout the rev range, probably just 2 at most. Memory is tight for them - 256MB in the PS3 can only go so far. Especially when x16 cars

Interesting. Maybe my memory fails or I have read false information then.
Only several hours of seat time but so far I'm really enjoying GT6!

The physics are a massive improvement IMO. There is so much more fidelity in the way the car moves. Much more feeling of weight and momentum as is much talked about. The better FWD cars are actually fun to drive now.

In fact all cars seem to rotate better especially in slow corners near the apex. In GT5 every car had an understeer problem in those situations but now the cars rotate through the brake-gas transition like I imagine they should.

The new (real world) track additions are fantastic and look fantastic! Love that there are now many more choice of tighter layouts to play on (Stowe, Brands, Streets of Willow, parts of Bathurst).
Quote from BigPeBe :Interesting. Maybe my memory fails or I have read false information then.

from earlier in the thread - might have to check out this car in the game
The US producer did say stuff about filtering being needed in the future, in the live stream that was showing the rebuilding of the Hudson, since right now it's all raw

I'm still baffled at how I can be going in a straight line then my car just begins to slide. Notice it more on city course in my A110 more than anything else

It's like they don't have RR cars down yet. Yes they will tend to slide a tad in corners but not a straight line
Why does the S1 quattro sound like a generic skyline from GT3? :S
Question to those who bought.
How's rewards, is it grindy, intended to force you into micro transactions or its actually reasonable.

Seriously I might get it now and then savehack it to get some fast dough but with micro transactions and TOS its like asking to be banned and I am not really into unlocking every-single-fng-car for the sixth time.
It was fun in GT.1-2, decent in GT.4, a pain in the ass in GT5, I cant possibly see myself grinding once more but now with smaller payouts.
It tries to force you into micro transations that is blatantly obvious.

however there are a few races where a glitch can solve that problem.
If you mean Ascari then it will probably be fixed soon.
Quote from Blade3562 :I'm still baffled at how I can be going in a straight line then my car just begins to slide. Notice it more on city course in my A110 more than anything else

It's like they don't have RR cars down yet. Yes they will tend to slide a tad in corners but not a straight line

some cars are glitched, try the Audi R8 with racing hard tyres and then you will question why it has less grip them comfort hard.

needs patching.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :If you mean Ascari then it will probably be fixed soon.

yeah, they already tried to fix it but all that did was you had to pass the finish on the grass instead now.
The Renaults seem to have very good sound, the Premium Clio '11 and the Megane RS sound much closer to their counterpart then any other car on the game.
Give me more cone challenges screw these silly races

And goodwood is by far the best

Update: so Gran Turismo thinks the mark 1 gt40 is the worst handling car ever created even though it destroyed Le Mans. My maxed performance Cuda AAR handles better than a stock gt40.

This game makes no sense!

Update 2 even the bloody AI struggle to control the car. Such a dissapointment
Quote from Blade3562 :
Update: so Gran Turismo thinks the mark 1 gt40 is the worst handling car ever created even though it destroyed Le Mans. My maxed performance Cuda AAR handles better than a stock gt40.

This game makes no sense!

Update 2 even the bloody AI struggle to control the car. Such a dissapointment

That's no news, it's the same since GT4, where i remember GT40 from the 24h LeMans, it was always all over the place and finished dead last dozens of laps behind second to last, which was 5th i think.
The career mode gets boring real fast, same catch the leader who is 15 sec ahead when you start thing.

AI is incompetent, rubberband to the extreme.

I am already bored with the single player portion on day 2.....well only playing it now cos many friends are still on it, not sure how long that will be...

Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG