The online racing simulator
Quote from Mysho :edit: Who would be up for a little challenge? Let's say Ferrari 458 @ Imola. Post your times if you wish then we can compare each other to make 2 weeks shorter.

Eheh, I did some laps there yesterday: Best yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... -Hbw&feature=youtu.be

edit: On semis that is.
edit2: Forgot to add the time 1.54.7
Great, so everyone, EVEN TROY IS FASTER THAN ME WHAT THE ****!
I'll jump the nearest cliff!
Quote from Mysho :Will definitely predict low 1:51s to be possible

If low 51's are possible I'm giving up sim racing.

54.4 my best so far. Need to do more laps but so many good combos to try i'm not getting enough laps in with a single combo yet.
Guess it depends on how much you cut, I saw some youtube videos where they take all the artificial grass with them "because AC doesn't invalidate it", for me that is clearly not what the rules are, 2 tyres on the kerb at least and for some even that is cutting it close.

But with some setup tweaks I would reckon clean 53's are certainly doable, 51's is asking a lot from a setup limited car.
It seems cutting them curbs really saves time, but feels wrong. At least when I did the 1.56.100 lap now I did not hit any of the, well what is it, wood-stuff on the inside of the curbs, just using the part of it which is closest to the tarmac. With more cutting I might be able to get a half second faster or something. However it seems that I canot controll it well, so I allways have bad corner exiting / acceleration. Atm. I am using not full trottle out of the corner because then I just spin and **** things up..
Yup, I'm playing by the two wheels inside the white lines rule. I know you can get away with more, and some people are just taking the piss.
I gave in and bought it, been too long since I played a good racing game

Anyone have any tips for setting up the game and wheel options, I only have a DFP so nothing spectacular!
I am not talking about cutting as well, actually with this car and this much horse power it's better to stay away from green thing next to curb because you can accelerate a lot sooner. In my opinion this saves you a lot more time than cutting the corner. Also don't forget we're noobs driving default setups right now, a good setup can save up to 3s per lap, especially with pretty unstable car like this one definitely is. So there goes my prediction, we will see after a year or so where it ended.

I just did 54.1 and I am not really happy with it because I again did some stupid errors but this game is so visually awesome that I had to record that lap in 1200p using onboard and cam views. I just had to. It's processing currently.

Will deffo try to achieve low 53 with default setup.
Haha! Yeah the game really looks great! It looks so great that I have refused to use chase veiw (as I have done my whole LFS career), and only using cockpit veiw (or hood cam in cars like BMW where the cockpit window is so small that I can't see shit).
Update when the link is up so I can get some driving tips

Only negative thing is that it's so bad synced the gear shifting and so on. The driver seems to be taken some serious slow-mo acid before going in the car, because the shift animation takes like 2 seconds ..
Looks like a fun game for some simdrifting.
-
(Keling) DELETED by Keling
I'm on high 1:56's on that combo, but already feels like I'm gonna destroy the car any second. Which actually happens.
Looking at Mysho's video, my lines and braking points aren't that far off, guess I'm just slow You also seem to apply a quite a bit more lock than me.

But Mugello is so much nicer that I'm finding it very hard to let go of it.
Quote from R34GTR :I gave in and bought it, been too long since I played a good racing game

Anyone have any tips for setting up the game and wheel options, I only have a DFP so nothing spectacular!

For the wheel i would start out with the usual Logitech settings in windows/profiler
100%FFB
900 degrees
everything else on 0
allow game to adjust settings checked

In game I'd start with FFB gain around 60-70 probably (use the pedals app in game to check for clipping and adjust FFB accordingly)
Filter and Damping on 0
The three "effects" sliders I'd start with on 0 and see how you feel after 50 laps or so in each car before you start playing with them.

Could be way off for a DFP, but with a DFGT that feels great to me.

(I ended up with 10% on all the effects sliders. I prefer it 'pure' but just wanted a touch more life to the FFB)
Quote from The Moose :For the wheel i would start out with the usual Logitech settings in windows/profiler
100%FFB
900 degrees
everything else on 0
allow game to adjust settings checked

In game I'd start with FFB gain around 60-70 probably (use the pedals app in game to check for clipping and adjust FFB accordingly)
Filter and Damping on 0
The three "effects" sliders I'd start with on 0 and see how you feel after 50 laps or so in each car before you start playing with them.

Could be way off for a DFP, but with a DFGT that feels great to me.

(I ended up with 10% on all the effects sliders. I prefer it 'pure' but just wanted a touch more life to the FFB)

Thanks Managed to get some laps in once I had worked everything out, good thing I read to set the brake gamma to 1 as I was stomping on the pedal every time and nothing was happening! After a few laps I can do around 2:00 around Imola in the 458 so will keep trying and hopefully can knock a few seconds off
32.3, 44.0 37.6 to a 1:54.0, with a clean 2 wheels on tarmac Aqua Minerale, and an awful last two corners braking too late, there must be shed loads more in it, it was my only half decent lap out of the ten, the rest were 55s or offs from braking too late. Stock setup with semi-slicks as per rules.
I don't like Imola from a competitive standpoint because it encourages the cutting so much, also I find the 458 a bit meh but at least this made me concentrate a bit.
Quote from R34GTR :Thanks Managed to get some laps in once I had worked everything out, good thing I read to set the brake gamma to 1 as I was stomping on the pedal every time and nothing was happening! After a few laps I can do around 2:00 around Imola in the 458 so will keep trying and hopefully can knock a few seconds off

Oh yeah, I forgot about brake gamma. Still, the brakes on the 458 seem non existent compared to some of the cars.
Quote from The Moose :Oh yeah, I forgot about brake gamma. Still, the brakes on the 458 seem non existent compared to some of the cars.

Tell me about it, I thought my pedal was broken or something about as responsive as a dead cat
Quote from kamkorPL :Last video from me before mp update or major car upgrades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLJL_M8L49o

Shows how actual steering wheel works outside of the game.

I haven't driven on Assetto Corsa yet, but having tried drifting in iRacing and failing miserably with a G27, I must say this after watching your video: you are insane!

I'll possibly never be able to drift like this.
Quote from Velociround :I haven't driven on Assetto Corsa yet, but having tried drifting in iRacing and failing miserably with a G27, I must say this after watching your video: you are insane!

AC is on par with LFS in terms of driftability. Doesn't have a broken physics model like iRent and rFactor.

It's excellent. E30 is sex.
Quote from Velociround :I haven't driven on Assetto Corsa yet, but having tried drifting in iRacing and failing miserably with a G27, I must say this after watching your video: you are insane!

iRacing is impossible to drift. Asetto Corsa is much, much more natural to me. I can't even slide once in iRacing without lots of luck, but I can hold big slides all day with the E92 in AC.
Quote from The Moose :If low 51's are possible I'm giving up sim racing.

54.4 my best so far. Need to do more laps but so many good combos to try i'm not getting enough laps in with a single combo yet.

I agree. If 1.51s are even imaginable on that track, I'm saying goodbye to my 11-ish years of sim experience and burn my G25 in public... I went tryhard mode and rarely got 1.53.8

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG