The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :Deko I'm telling from experience. Everyone has some issues with a game and think if they buy the next new GFX model their problems will be solved. Try increasing priority on the task manager for AC. If that fails then do multiple spyware checks and/or use CCleaner. It can also be harddrive choke if you're using AC from a harddrive that's very low on free space it can cause this issue.

What good is it, I'm trying to save you money and you basically insult me. Not that I'm bothered by that, but it's the principle that I don't understand.

2 day old W8 install so no spyware, SSD with 100GB free. I'm not saying I'm getting crazy stutters or there are any real problems, the lag just annoys me, even at 100+fps. What I'm trying to say is that it was time for a new GPU anyway, 7850 wouldn't do triple screens well, AC was only getting 150fps on min settings (although good amounts of AA) and that just isn't good enough. I made a throwaway comment about needing a new GPU and I get someone trying to tell me how to spend my hard earned. Thanks . 770 is ticking along very nicely already. It's not like I'm spending a fortune, £260 for 770, sell old GPU for £100, sell bundled games for £40, £120 for a 770 isn't exactly breaking the bank.
Well with all you've said there, then there shouldn't be any reason to have input lag.
Correct settings for g25/g27
Is that bloom effect on the rear wing?

@DeKo

Can confirm the lag issue. Running 3930K + 7970 Matrix here and had most settings turned to max + 2560x1440. Were getting around 60-70 constant fps and game felt always little sluggish and controls were somewhat unresponsive. Well not as "realtime smooth" as LFS's for example..

Tried to figure out what was the issue here for all week long.. Just blindly trusted 70 fps being enough right?

This morning's tests:
40 fps range: totally unplayable, huge input lag and game felt like slug trying to get out from slime!
60-70 fps range: still sluggish, half of input lag what 40 fps had.. whole game felt sluggish, but so little that couldn't figure the issue
200-300 fps range: LFS-like responsive controls, cars feel alive, ffb isn't numb anymore, whole game engine woke up

Not sure if it's just AMD-issue here or what, but never seen that huge input lag before. Even Pcars at 50fps is totally smooth.

Also it has been years since saw last time this huge performance impact from AF.. AF turned off = 230 fps (KTM+Magione at pits) while AF 16x = 140fps
Tech preview suffered from the same low fps = high input lag issue, not an AMD thing.

Haven't noticed it to be as bad with the beta even with vsync on, but vsync off definitely feels more responsive.
Holy shit! Having 60 fps all the time, but if I set the game to sunset I get like 20 max. Tried putting settings lower without any help. What is going on?
The devs are adamant that it's only graphical lag but I think there's something seriously amiss here. I also noticed serious lag when I turned up the gfx and the fps dropped.. Not just that, but totally different steering feel. I said exactly the same about the tech preview.

Tonight I'll drop the res and do some physical "blind" testing with the wheel locked in game with the fps as high as I can get it, then do the same at 40fps.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well with all you've said there, then there shouldn't be any reason to have input lag.

Apart from the sentence where I said I did, and the multiple people all saying the same thing. If you're not getting any lag, good for you. Always need to get the last word in.

@Eza, yeah that is basically what I've found, turning off AA/AF and getting 200+ just feels so good yet looks so terrible. The engine has a long way to go, I done a few laps in LFS just to remind myself and it really is buttery smooth.
That looks and sounds so good
Generally speaking I'm very impressed with AC so far. I've not got a very good system (E5300 and 4770) so I'm running with a low resolution (1280x720) and minimum settings, but getting about 70 fps which is drivable.

All cars feel really intuitive and stable to drive, my only concern is how much understeer all the cars inherently seem to have. I really have to be aggressive to unsettle the rear, even with the Lotus 49. It feels like there is too much traction most of the time.
I have the opposite problem, used to do WRs in LFS using 360° degrees of rotation and basically raced in every sim game with this value but can't even brake or make a turn with this in AC. Immediate drift, slide, almost like it's too sensitive so I had to raise somewhere up to 720° and now I can't even make a lap... Definitely those kinds of problems I want to have, as I am very glad this sim is out. LFS is definite end for me unless the new physics is out. So happy we finally have more opportunities for sim racing. Ir minus...
I've just purchased my copy of AC, as well. Really excited to go for a ride. Hopefully my GPU won't fire up as someone's already did.
Anyone tried Imola and M3 E92? What times are you getting? I did 2:14 so far but can't find anyone to compare myself to.
Top 5 things that I hate the most in AC

1. Bogging down/staling bug (1/2 gear, donuts, high angel drifting)
2. Forced 900' degrees in all the cars
3. Poor optimization , u need crazy high fps to reduce lag
4. Poor clutch simulation and low speed physics
5. Visible virtual wheel

Hop tye fix this in recent patches
Not suffering from any bogging down problems.
Mine isn't forced into 900 degree mode at all. Quite happy with 420 for the Tatuus for instance.
Never had any lag (about 50-60fps with vsync on or off)
I don't drive slowly. Who cares about that.
Personal preference, but I like having the virtual wheel visible.
Quote from tristancliffe :not suffering from any bogging down problems.
Mine isn't forced into 900 degree mode at all. Quite happy with 420 for the tatuus for instance.
Never had any lag (about 50-60fps with vsync on or off)
i don't drive slowly. Who cares about that.
Personal preference, but i like having the virtual wheel visible.

+1
Quote from Mysho :Anyone tried Imola and M3 E92? What times are you getting? I did 2:14 so far but can't find anyone to compare myself to.

I tried it and got 2:05.104 with default set. Also I did 2:15.957 with E30@Imola
2:05 with what car??

edit: oh sry, now I see my mistake. I meant E30 not M3. xD Got a little bit scared that I am so slow.
-
(CardsetCrazy) DELETED by CardsetCrazy
Oh my bad, u can adjust degrees of rotation, u must use the asc.exe not the asseto corsa.exe in windows profiler, Just set the e92m3 steering to 520' degrees 900' felt like I am driving VW passat, but now the virtual wheel don't mach my g27, I locked the wheel in AC options, adjusted onboard camera/fov, that i don't see the wheel that much, and gained 60 fps (~150 fps with virtual wheel on)

edit: dman KTM feels amazing with 520' degrees, and 260fps
Attached images
acacacjpg.jpg
Quote from kars19 :4. Poor clutch simulation and low speed physics

Quote from tristancliffe :I don't drive slowly. Who cares about that.

The buggy low speed physics matters because it is very weird behavior, which may indicate something tricky deep down inside the physics system. It might be poorly optimized at best, or fundamentally wrong as worst.

Usually if a physics engine works (feels) so well at normal speed you would expect it to get suspension position basically right at low speed as well.
Just did ~15laps @ Imola (8:00pm, 20c) with KTM, damn that thing drives beautiful, finally I see the light
blame the 900'
Quote from kars19 :Just did ~15laps @ Imola (8:00pm, 20c) with KTM, damn that thing drives beautiful, finally I see the light

So it drives beautifully?

But in al seriousness how have things progressed from the tech-demo?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG