The online racing simulator
I aint trolling... It genuinely feels shit.. Can someone link me up for the settings to try.

Honestly, i aint making this up, the wheel has a really strong return to centre feeling at all times and ive checked that option is off in windows etc..

I will get a vid of how much the wheel vibrates under braking tonight, its like abs is kicking in but the feedback is way too strong.

Im pretty sure how it is at the moment is not like it is for you lot, im sure its my settings but they are no different from when i drove the TP and that felt fine.. Infact the exige and elise feel very much like my own car.. So ive no idea whats up..

Ill try the settings and see how i go.

Best i could manage was a 1'21.9 and that was ficghting the car at the way round.
Quote from chris_uk :I tried the ktm and it felt shit!

Now it has to be some setting as i cant see you lot liking it how it feels to me..

Just feels on edge all the time and im having all on keeping it in a straight line, the ffb feels propper numb, like its massivly trying to return to centre which is fine whilst stationary but should lighten up once moving, also when braking the wheel vibrates like ****.. Litterally you could stick a rubber toy on the top and my girlfriend could enjoy using the wheel aswell..

You really must have some settings out of whack. What wheel are you using? What FFB settings?

Honestly, I'm not exaggerating when i say the FFB on this car is sublime, and it handles like a dream.
In windows its on 101% ffb strength with everything else on 0%

Then in ac i ran the wizard and left it as it was.

Its on 900degrees rotation.

In lfs its perfect, in iracing its perfect..
Quote from chris_uk :In windows its on 101% ffb strength with everything else on 0%

Then in ac i ran the wizard and left it as it was.

Its on 900degrees rotation.

In lfs its perfect, in iracing its perfect..

DFGT? G25/27?

No centring spring/damping or anything else turned on?

Checked that it's not clipping in game?

Dont know what else to suggest. Are you getting good fps in game? It certainly feels to me that 100+ fps is needed to really get things feeling at its best. vsync off of course, and pre rendered frames to 1.

I have the same settings for LFS and iRacing as well, and the X-Bow feels better than anything in either of those sims.
im with chris on this, same problem.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What's taking so long for the modders to release a 'ring?

They laser scan the tracks, didn't you followed the whole process?

Laser scanning the Nordschleife takes some time because it's not really a small track. Let alone the cost to hire the track privately for XX days.
Quote from cargame.nl :They laser scan the tracks, didn't you followed the whole process?

Laser scanning the Nordschleife takes some time because it's not really a small track. Let alone the cost to hire the track privately for XX days.

Modders laser scan tracks? Did you read what he said?
Sorry g27, and i dont know how tp see if its clipping.
Quote from cargame.nl :They laser scan the tracks, didn't you followed the whole process?

He said "modders", didn't you read his post?
Quote from chris_uk :Sorry g27, and i dont know how tp see if its clipping.

Cleverly hidden in the pedals app. The bar on the right is ffb strength.
Quote from DeKo :
The 7850 might not be the whole issue either

It might as well. AMD had recently a lot of issues on that subject, afaik.

Quote :As Kars says, even with high framerates there is still lag, it might only be visual and not input

Most might have seen it, but i'll leave this here for the sake of it where Niels did a demonstration the issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPMknDLLXC0

Quote :I can't imagine playing this game at 50fps.

Just wanna note that 50fps definitely is no fun; just better than 40 xD
Quote from The Moose :Some nice times there chaps. I've not done any more laps there...it's a bit of a dull track in this car.

Imola is where this car really shines

Agreed! What sort of times are we talking about here?

1:58.360 here, but I suspect that's very slow. It's certainly awesome fun though!
wasn't the 101% effect setting a bypass for driver issues of the past. Try 100% just for the sake of it.
Also damper to 0%
ive just never changed it..

i think ive sorted it tho, i think its because dampening was on in windows, took that off and set gain to 75% and got a 1'20.3 straight away, the car still feels a bit ... meh.. but tonnes better than before.

im going to try scour the AC forums for some decent settings.
I try to change the grip in the system/data/surfaces file. It does change how slippery surfaces are (road/kerb/grass) but it loses sounds on road. Anyone else tried this?
Quote from JazzOn :It might as well. AMD had recently a lot of issues on that subject, afaik.

How bad is it with AMD? Any one with 7970/W9000 reported issues?
how does fxaa work? I've set it up to 6 and my game still looks like it has no AA. When I look on my car from a distance it's somehow ok, but when using for example rear view I see edges a lot. Also 2xAA doesn't somehow work as it looks still ugly and then 4xAA is unplayable due to performance loss. Anyone experiencing this? Because when I look at your videos and your screenshots it all looks so smooth and nice... Using 1920x1200 and GTX470.

Also, what does faces per frame in this game do? Can't figure out what setting would be the best.
Quote from Mysho :how does fxaa work? I've set it up to 6 and my game still looks like it has no AA. When I look on my car from a distance it's somehow ok, but when using for example rear view I see edges a lot. Also 2xAA doesn't somehow work as it looks still ugly and then 4xAA is unplayable due to performance loss. Anyone experiencing this? Because when I look at your videos and your screenshots it all looks so smooth and nice... Using 1920x1200 and GTX470.

Also, what does faces per frame in this game do? Can't figure out what setting would be the best.

You may want to have a look at this thread for discussions about AA/AF settings: http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... est-visual-quality.77338/
Deko I'm telling from experience. Everyone has some issues with a game and think if they buy the next new GFX model their problems will be solved. Try increasing priority on the task manager for AC. If that fails then do multiple spyware checks and/or use CCleaner. It can also be harddrive choke if you're using AC from a harddrive that's very low on free space it can cause this issue.

What good is it, I'm trying to save you money and you basically insult me. Not that I'm bothered by that, but it's the principle that I don't understand.
What's a good time at Vallelunga in the 458 on semi-slicks? I got a 1:44.688

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG