The online racing simulator
I have problem only with the ferrari. It is such a beast. It has so much power and so weak brakes.
"Weak brakes"... Check your brake distance vs speed... i think you'll notice that the brakes are insane, you're just not feeling the speed and G-force
Our 430 has insane brakes too. And throttle response. Love driving it, but I don't trust myself in it.
Quote from atledreier :"Weak brakes"... Check your brake distance vs speed... i think you'll notice that the brakes are insane, you're just not feeling the speed and G-force

I know I just cant get used to it. Hard to find braking point.
Try to adjust the G-force scale on view:

c:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\camera_onboard.ini

[MODE]
IS_WORLD_ALIGNED=1
FOV=50

[GFORCES]
MIX=-0.0002,-0.0020,-0.0015
LAG=0.8

[SHAKE]
SCALE=0.001, 0.0002, 0.00015
FREQ=150,150,100
RANDOM=0.5

[ROTATION]
HEAD_MAX_DEGREES=60
SPEED=4
Well the M3 E30 is open diff is it not? You'd find it hard to do a proper donut or drift in an open diff car....
Quote from tristancliffe :Which current sim wheel has the most torque. And a load cells brake!

Not sure about raw torque, but you can check some iRacing wheel benchmarks for angle vs time.

It's clutch type LSD.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well the M3 E30 is open diff is it not? You'd find it hard to do a proper donut or drift in an open diff car....

Just stop blueflame, just stop.
The brake problems sound a bit like the problems I had with iracing back in 2008. With pot brakes you want linear brake pedal so you have the best precision where the threshold braking happens on the pedal travel. Iracing was still at time forcing nonlinear brake curve which was huge pain in the ass.

If you don't have linear brake pedal the brake pedal feels very imprecise because the difference of braking just below the limit and braking just above the limit is non-existent.

http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... oes-brake-gamma-do.65030/

Set the brake gamma to 1 for all pedals. The advice is just totally wrong when some people say to use unlinear brake curve (other than 1) for pot brakes. That is just so wrong.

Quote from tristancliffe :Which current sim wheel has the most torque. And a load cells brake!

http://www.simsteering.com/
Quote from atledreier :It's clutch type LSD.

Well back to the drifting aspect, I noticed you have to account for body roll and spring re-extension to really keep sliding momentum from side to side, much more than ever before in a sim. It's most evident in the E92 though.
Quote from Keling :Not sure about raw torque, but you can check some iRacing wheel benchmarks for angle vs time.

Thanks. Don't care about the spin speed, as I rarely let of the wheel. I'd much rather have lots of torque and slow wheel, than a fast wheel with low torque. I think.

Quote from Hyperactive :The brake problems sound a bit like the problems I had with iracing back in 2008. With pot brakes you want linear brake pedal so you have the best precision where the threshold braking happens on the pedal travel. Iracing was still at time forcing nonlinear brake curve which was huge pain in the ass.

If you don't have linear brake pedal the brake pedal feels very imprecise because the difference of braking just below the limit and braking just above the limit is non-existent.

http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... oes-brake-gamma-do.65030/

Set the brake gamma to 1 for all pedals. The advice is just totally wrong when some people say to use unlinear brake curve (other than 1) for pot brakes. That is just so wrong.

Noted, and will make sure it's on 1.0
Quote from Hyperactive :
http://www.simsteering.com/

Thanks.
Quote from tristancliffe :
But has there been a more entertaining simulator than this ever?

If there is, I haven't found it

For such an early build it really is very impressive.
Well I find it ironic how the L49 is polar opposite in behaviour to the L49 on iRacing. People were saying the L49 on iRacing was amazing etc etc. Now those people are saying the L49 on AC is amazing but surely it just shows how wrong iRacing is...
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I find it ironic how the L49 is polar opposite in behaviour to the L49 on iRacing. People were saying the L49 on iRacing was amazing etc etc. Now those people are saying the L49 on AC is amazing but surely it just shows how wrong iRacing is...

Well, with a similar setup they aren't THAT different. The base setups are VERY different, though.
Okay. Brake gamma at 1.0 = much better. Had a quick play at lunch time (nipped home, early lunch), and Tatuus at Imola. Default setup apart from 15psi front tyres and 19psi rears to combat overheating the rears (which is main reason I get initial understeer, following by spinning out after a few laps. Lack of ability is the other factor).

Managed to do a 1m46.612. Was on for a 1m45.9 apparently, but screwed that lap up at Turn 8 into 9 (lost the rear braking whilst turning. ooops).

No idea if that's any good, or realistic, but I enjoyed doing it!!!
Slightly too much inside rear wheel wheelspin on power (differential settings). And the damping is clearly not great, but I'm useless at setting dampers.
Switched to linear brake curve too, much much better.

I love how realistic the motion blur makes the replays, almost reality.
Attached images
2013-11-12_00013.jpg
Quote from atledreier :Well, with a similar setup they aren't THAT different. The base setups are VERY different, though.

Yup, I agree that they really aren't so different once you set up the AC version properly. The AC version just has that bit of extra grip and connected to the road feeling that all their cars have (and rightly so)

I like a lot about iRacing, but DK's physics have been weird in every sim he's ever made. iRacing is certainly getting a better feel in a lot of it's cars now, but it's taken forever to get to where they are, and where they are is still a long way off AC.

As far as I'm concerned when it comes to physics

Kunos>Niels Heusinkveld>DK
Quote from atledreier :Well, with a similar setup they aren't THAT different. The base setups are VERY different, though.

Well of course you can setup a car to make it handle badly. What I'm saying is on AC it doesn't float on a surface of bullshit like it does on iR. When you go over a crest it doesn't take off at the back and have a weird oscillation in teh differential from left to right making it impossible to keep in a straight line.

Also on AC you can induce the understeer and oversteer when and where YOU want it, rather than your limited to drive it how it's possible because of the limitation of the physics, in the case of iRacing.
Quote from The Moose :

Kunos>Niels Heusinkveld>DK

This I agree with but RF2 comes before Kaemmer.

But on that basis you should try Fórmula Truck and Game Stock Car 2013. They are on the 'must have' list for any hardcore sim enthusiast. If you value Heusinkveld as much as you say, you'll love them.
Can someone be assed to write what good laptimes on the different tracks and cars is? Need to have something to reach forr and know if I suck as much as I fear
Quote from BlueFlame :But on that basis you should try Fórmula Truck and Game Stock Car 2013. They are on the 'must have' list for any hardcore sim enthusiast. If you value Heusinkveld as much as you say, you'll love them.

Way ahead of you there Blue
Quote from Matrixi :Switched to linear brake curve too, much much better.

I love how realistic the motion blur makes the replays, almost reality.

I wish there were separate graphics config options for replays, I can live with 40fps in a replay and I wish I could I just leave things cranked up.

I do find the e30 feels like it bogs down too easily, I think I read the Kunos is looking into that. It steers really nicely, rolls and bounces in such a convincing way, and slides around nicely enough but it doesn't feel as powerful as it should, which I think is down to just too much traction from what are relatively skinny tyres.

Also if anyone has a nice Lotus49 setup that I could try I'd like to.
Yeah, Aris has managed to reproduce a bug that seems to be affecting a few cars including the E30. Expect a fix soon

As for the 49, just raise the power diff setting and lower the coast and preload.

I'm on 45/0/0 which is much better turn in, but it's a lot more wild exiting corners. Lots more fun but nowhere near as safe as default. Experiment a bit to see what suits your style. I've not changed anything else yet..
Just replicated e30 m3 in LFS, must do some comparison testing
Attached images
mfinaljpg12.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG