The online racing simulator
ive got almost identical setup to above post, 6850 ATI card and cpu @ 4ghz,
very smooth 65-70 fps with decent gfx settings, only the shadow detail and cubemap turned down but everything else on max, no input lag with DFGT wheel, impressed but lets see when theres 20 other cars around !
turn AF to x4 and AA to x4 to get ingame anti-aliasing to work.
Tango
Clutch simulation very basic
What do you guys think of the clutch simulation (or lack of)? Don't tell me I'm the only one who wants to use 3 pedals and manual heel/toe? Cause it sure seems like that from all the forums I have looked at so far.

Even with all aids off (as far as I can tell), it seems that although you can assign the clutch pedal, you never have to use it with any car, you can just shift up and down the gears without it.
I know some of the real cars might actually have sequential gear boxes with auto clutch (it would be nice to see a list of what transmission each car is supposed to have actually/ how the real car is). But surely the M3 e30 should require you to use a clutch if you have it?

Another thing is Auto Blip, this seems to happen on some cars even though it is turned off, like the Fiat 500. Also the M3 GT2 Auto Blips on down shifts. Wouldn't a race car like this require the driver to do the blipping?

Anyway, I really would like a better transmissions/clutch simulation. You can't even make the car stall and there is no Ignition key command. You dont need to use the clutch to pull away from standing start.

What do you think of this, do you think they will improve it?
Yeah, that is something I forgot to mention, the clutch seems to be non-existant. In all the cars I have driven, I have yet to touch the clutch petal, and I just flat throttle shift like you would a XRR. I really hope that some better clutch/transmission simulation arrive at some point
Given what they've done in the NKP I guess this is just a place holder.
No matter what I set the AA to I get bad jaggies everywhere. Tried any combination of ingame settings now, but haven't played with driver settings yet.

Performance is excellent so far, everything maxed @1080p and hovering around 80-100fps.
Quote from DratsaB :What do you guys think of the clutch simulation (or lack of)? Don't tell me I'm the only one who wants to use 3 pedals and manual heel/toe? Cause it sure seems like that from all the forums I have looked at so far.

Even with all aids off (as far as I can tell), it seems that although you can assign the clutch pedal, you never have to use it with any car, you can just shift up and down the gears without it.
I know some of the real cars might actually have sequential gear boxes with auto clutch (it would be nice to see a list of what transmission each car is supposed to have actually/ how the real car is). But surely the M3 e30 should require you to use a clutch if you have it?

Another thing is Auto Blip, this seems to happen on some cars even though it is turned off, like the Fiat 500. Also the M3 GT2 Auto Blips on down shifts. Wouldn't a race car like this require the driver to do the blipping?

Anyway, I really would like a better transmissions/clutch simulation. You can't even make the car stall and there is no Ignition key command. You dont need to use the clutch to pull away from standing start.

What do you think of this, do you think they will improve it?

Clutch simulation is terrible, You can't stall the car, rpm's just drops to zero, you can't start slowly, car will bog dow. Also in the e92m3 you can't disable autoblip, IRL with DTC gearbox m3 will blip automatically, so i am ok with that..
Quote from kars19 :Clutch simulation is terrible, You can't stall the car, rpm's just drops to zero, you can't start slowly, car will bog dow. Also in the e92m3 you can't disable autoblip, IRL with DTC gearbox m3 will blip automatically, so i am ok with that..

How about the old M3?

If a feature is available on the real car I guess it's better to force it on no matter what setting is used.

Back in NKP time Kunos mentioned that if a real car they put into NKP has TC/ABS/ESP they will have it forced on in the sim as well, unless you can disable it on the real thing.
Old m3 is fine, no autoblip
A bit worrying that they mention multiplayer last in every sentence..
No more Assetto for GTX 2xx users after latest patch, I wanted to get a new GPU anyway but not being able to play until that is here doesn't feel very good.
Quote from troy :No more Assetto for GTX 2xx users after latest patch, I wanted to get a new GPU anyway but not being able to play until that is here doesn't feel very good.

Glad one of my gpu's died in my gtx295 during tech demo :P
Quote from Keling :Not expecting high, but will a GTX 765M handle mid settings, or must I run low before getting back to my desktops?

My GTX 760M ran it fine at 60 FPS maxed out :d
Anybody did not start steam yet today and would be willing to send me acs.exe? I would really like to keep playing until I get my new GPU.
Gave it a few hours and I'm really liking it.

I know I'm bad, but when going fast I feel like I'm gonna spin at any moment, which is awesome. :P

Feels kind of LFS-ish, but more visceral. Love the bumps, specially on brake zones. I'm happy with force feedback as well. Can't go past medium settings with a Radeon 7790, but looks amazing even like this.

Still long ways to go until a full game, but very good start.

E: sorry Troy, just updated mine. Where did you get that info anyway? I can't seem to find any changelog on the website or Steam.
I can't start the game anymore, thats where I got my info. There is also a thread in the assetto support forum where Kunos basically says you're screwed we told you 10.1 is minimum.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... th-dx-10-1-or-above.1577/

edit: got acs.exe, for any other poor soul on GTX 2xx cards:
Nice way to get extra bucks...
The angry cat in forum said - no more AC for you,between lines - thanks for buying though.
Quote :
Guys.. again, and for the last time.

DX 10 is NOT supported by Assetto Corsa, never was, never will, and no, we cannot support it because the DX 10 profile is not compatible with our shaders.

Thread closed

Phahahaha .. I'm sorry I needed to laugh out loud here. And he is calling himself Lord? Lord Kunos?

How retarded is that...

Anyway, troy, get DX11 GPU.. Even my laptop can do that
I am planning to do that, since months actually was just waiting for assetto to be released, but I would still like to play until I get it next week.
Quote from cargame.nl :

Phahahaha .. I'm sorry I needed to laugh out loud here. And he is calling himself Lord? Lord Kunos?

How retarded is that...

Why is it retarded? They clearly stated a DX10.1 card was minimum specs. Just because it might have been working with lesser cards previously doesn't mean they have to keep support cards that they have always said are incompatible.

Whilst i have sympathy for those who now need to upgrade their cards, it's always a huge gamble buying software that the developers have stated clearly is incompatible with their hardware. Kunos post was perfectly reasonable.
Quote from The Moose :Why is it retarded? They clearly stated a DX10.1 card was minimum specs.

Releasing a DX10.0 sim and a day later a 10.1 one is also "lame" but I was talking about his forum name.
Good news Troy Enjoy!
Quote from cargame.nl :Releasing a DX10.0 sim and a day later a 10.1 one is also "lame" but I was talking about his forum name.

He didn't release a dx10.0 sim. He released a dx10.1 sim that luckily some dx10.0 users were able to use.

Who gives a toss about forum names?
Quote from cargame.nl : I was talking about his forum name.

So you're saying that we should all take you seriously as 'cargame.nl' ?

We should take all pseudonyms literally? I don't understand the relevance.
Quote from MataGyula :Same config, but running the game at 1920*1200 - I get anything between 100-200 FPS, with everything turned down to low/off (who needs eye candy, right?). It still looks more than decent tho! ^^

I am in the process of replacing the 6870 with a 7870XT - I tried the tech.prev. with the 7870, and it was able to produce playable framerate with all things maxed out! ^^ Unfortunately I had to RMA the card, so for the time being I'm back to the 6870.

Can u run it on mid/high?

btw. ill get this next month ( hope so)

http://geizhals.at/de/club-3d- ... -cgax-7977f2-a841184.html

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG