The online racing simulator
I've been playing the latest demo and I'm really enjoying it, and they've added better customisation options for game pads, which means I can drive smoothly without getting hand cramps after 20 minutes, so I will probably be playing this quite a lot.

EDIT: Referenced a time someone posted on here to see if my pad was set up correctly, thought they said they did a 1:24 so I used that as my target, got a 1:25 as my best so far, turned out they had said 1:29 anyway, so hopefully my gamepad can be competitive, at least in the slower cars anyway.
I was able to do low 23s with a mouse and keyboard, and I'm not particularly fast so I'd say it's the bare minimum to be fighting for decent positions. I suspect though, that currently lap times aren't a completely accurate gauge of performance. Something happened overnight at one point. I lost 10 average FPS and haven't been able to get within 1.5 seconds of the low 23s I was previously doing for several consecutive laps, for months now :s.
Kunos confirmed on twitter somewhere that lower FPS influenced the physics calculations in the techdemo, he fixed that in his version. Can't find the tweet right now but I'm sure I've read it.
Bad timing if it comes out this year now.. Hype has wear off and BF4 will probably take all my free time..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Bad timing if it comes out this year now.. Hype has wear off and BF4 will probably take all my free time..

You sat here creaming over every little picture and now you see you will just play BF4 instead? You really are like an 8 year old child. I worry for you.
Hype weared off, don't know why.. but i'm sure a launch trailer will change my mind..
Not bad timing for anyone else. It would be a surprise though.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Bad timing if it comes out this year now.. Hype has wear off and BF4 will probably take all my free time..

Good thing we don't all have to wait for you to get excited again. As soon as I hear the pre-order is up I'll have my wallet out.
If I'll afford my first car, and this, (and maybe a much beefier graphics card!) then that would be the ultimate dream for me.
Assetto Photo
Quote from AlienT. :Assetto Photo

I've been getting an average of 42 fps with everything maxed out at 1920x1080
I think what he meant was only photos gets released no actual netcode. Which also is my biggest critic.
Ac fb
Quote :dear followers, finally the ac release is very close.

The assetto corsa's official site, www.assettocorsa.net is under maintenance: When it will come back online, all the information about the game, its contents and features, the hardware requirements and much more, will be finally available.

More importantly, the release of assetto corsa is imminent. Because of some issues (you can read about that here:

https://www.facebook.com/assetto.corsa/posts/726358147390506), we have had to change some assets of our strategy, finding the solution that will make you happy and will let the development team complete its job as soon as possible, and at its best.

Assetto corsa will be available on steam early access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have decided to include the spa-francorchamps track and three additional gt cars (mercedes-benz sls amg, mercedes-benz sls gt3 and lotus evora gtc) in the main build of the game, to offer to you the best selection of cars and tracks that we are able to deliver, without any additional cost. We hope you appreciate it. Thanks to this addition, assetto corsa will include in total 35 cars, 16 vehicle classes, 11 circuits and 3 additional scenarios. Other extra contents will be added in 2014, in order to guarantee a long-life to this simulation.

The first build of assetto corsa includes the main structure of the game and 8 classes of cars for a total number of 11 vehicles, with the aim to guarantee just from the beginning the chance to enjoy the dynamic model of the game racing with different kind of vehicles.

As part of the early access program, an update with new cars, tracks and features will be available every two weeks, adding new contents and improving the existing ones. All the vehicles and tracks will be released in a level of completion close to the final one, with the aim to deliver, starting by the first version, an enjoyable and satisfying simulation, featuring cars and tracks reproduced at their best, with the exception of unknown minor bugs that will be fixed and polished in time for assetto corsa 1.0.

During the whole process, the ai, multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added in the scheduled time, in order to close in short time the final release, that will include the career mode and other exclusive contents.

Gentlemen, start your modems!

Hope they make an F3 car! Love the netKar F3, even with the bugs and inaccuracies.
What is VERY soon lol? Like hours, like days, like weeks? Surely it must be before 2014 now when they added VERY soon to it
Early 2009.
Time to throw money at a new GPU
Quote from The Very End :Surely it must be before 2014

You didn't read...

Quote :contents will be added in 2014,

Quote :During the whole process, the ai, multiplayer and damage model features will be progressively added

So they release a beta.. Without AI/Multiplayer and damage model to play single player and then somewhere in 2014 they going to work on the rest. Well... So exciting..
Were you expecting an early access release to be retail ready?
Quote :Our site is temporarily down for maintenance.
We will be back... "soon™"

Self sarcasm much?
Quote from cargame.nl :You didn't read...

So they release a beta.. Without AI/Multiplayer and damage model to play single player and then somewhere in 2014 they going to work on the rest. Well... So exciting..

I did read Dave, and I know that they will include stuff further down in the development stage. What I am talking about is the first release, even tho it will not have multiplayer, damage system and more. Nevertheless it will have some cars and track enviroments.
This is the version I am refering to

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG