The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
200hp gets boring very quickly as well
i reckon to make full throttle still feel exciting after half a year of living with a car you need about 400 hp (depending on weight obviously)
Eh.. (considering most of us don't live at the track), I'd say I've had more fun overall driving lower powered, more nimble cars, as I could actually wind them out a bit without the fear of instantly breaking the law, burning up tires and/or spendy parts etc. Sure the FD was awesome, but you could barely exercise its abilities off a track & when you did horse around a little, it'd suck down loads of pricey fuel. I've never been much of a stoplight racer though.
Where I live we've got a couple of straights such as SPA's backstraight where you can smoke someone if he's up for it. Since most the cars are under 100hp, TDI is actually the closest to JTD, hence the comparison. Though it seems that these TDI's after 2005 are a bit stronger, or better on power delivery.

If I may ask Shotglass, what are you driving?
P.S. Since you seem as an expert of this, what's the strongest diesel one can reasonably get? ^^
The brain and body get used to the acceleration of a car after some time...

I learned to drive with a Golf III Gti with 115hp and i thought it was amazingly sporty and quick, then had an mx5 with 140hp, again i thought it was quick... until i got a 944 Turbo chipped to 290hp and 400NM, bloody hell i had the fastest car on the streets (at least i felt like that)! Then back to 240hp in the S2000... not as quick as the 944, but the revs... i felt like driving a race car...

Now my current toy is the Speedster Turbo with 260hp and 450NM, 930kg. 0-100 in 4.2s... the first few days i had pain in my neck from the acceleration... then got used to it but still felt it's bloody fast... now after driving it for a few months, sometimes i feel like maybe it's broken, which it isn't... your brain and body just get used to the power very fast...
Quote from Shotglass :200hp gets boring very quickly as well
i reckon to make full throttle still feel exciting after half a year of living with a car you need about 400 hp (depending on weight obviously)

First time i can agree with you.
The worst is going back from 350 to 150 and back to 200
<---I miss my m3
I sold my CLK and got a Audi A3 2.0T also put a stage one Revo ecu upgrade and is now pushing around 270hp @ 430NM at the front wheels, from new to bold front tyres in 5.1 seconds.
I never got tired of the GT-R acceleration.

Then again, I spent winters driving a 75HP Corolla, that might have refreshed the sensation stepping in to the Nissan every spring.
Quote from N I K I :where you can smoke someone if he's up for it.

Good choice of words,considering you have a diesel!
ROLL THAT COAL BABY!!!
Quote from Mustafur :I sold my CLK and got a Audi A3 2.0T also put a stage one Revo ecu upgrade and is now pushing around 270hp @ 430NM at the front wheels, from new to bold front tyres in 5.1 seconds.

I'd like to see some pictures/videos of it.
Quote from N I K I :If I may ask Shotglass, what are you driving?

mr2 w2 us turbo model

Quote :P.S. Since you seem as an expert of this, what's the strongest diesel one can reasonably get? ^^

how the hell would i know id rather kill myself than listen to a tractor every time i turn the key
Quote from Shotglass :mr2 w2 us turbo model

There was a LHD turbo model?

Edit: Checked wiki - right,just for americans...
Quote from Eclipsed :There was a LHD turbo model?

Edit: Checked wiki - right,just for americans...

They needed the extra power to move their fat arses around. ;D
Somehow I doubt MR-2's are the car of choice for most fatasses..
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :They needed the extra power to move their fat arses around. ;D

strangely enough the us also got the crappiest engine in the whole mr2 range as well as the turbo
some 135hp sohc piece of crap that has no place in a car like that
Quote from Shotglass :how the hell would i know id rather kill myself than listen to a tractor every time i turn the key

Shotglass turbo baby, those days are long gone. On a good engine there isn't even any black dust coming out of exhaust under any condition.
Quote from N I K I :Shotglass turbo baby, those days are long gone. On a good engine there isn't even any black dust coming out of exhaust under any condition.

yes i have one of those on a engine that runs on proper fuel
and a turbo still wont fix the engine sounding like ass and not reving
Quote from N I K I : such as SPA's backstraight where you can smoke someone if he's up for it.

lolwut
(exception on their V8's) US almost always got the crappy engine. Like the E36 M3.
US M3 3.0 and 3.2: 240BHP
EU M3 3.0 and 3.2: 286BHP and 321BHP

I believe in the Toyota Corolla AE86 you had an SR5 model wich only had 87bhp and the normal GTS had 112bhp.

Emissions or something? Are Nissan Skylines (Pre GT-R (yes, that's not a skyline, I know.) still illegal in the US?
lol @ niki fanning his 'new' Frequently Irreparable Automobile Trash.
Dennis, that avatar's perfect for your gum-flapping ass - as soon as I see it, I know simply to skip over whatever's to the right!

Yes, we always get the shit engines Scrabby, (both due to emissions & other various lame BS), though things have been getting better in that aspect over the last few years/it's not as bad as it used to be. (of course the cars themselves are going downhill just about every year IMO) For those with the money to make them conform, we do have Skylines. OEM = illegal though.
How greatly put sir.

I was just simply implying that Niki is trying his hardest to defend this somewhat 'decent' car, which has indeed has had it's best years.

Enjoy your beer.
What? I missed all that..
Quote from NitroNitrous :Just bought her, is on her way to Spain, where she will be registered. Italian sample so LHD, 100% stock, relatively low mileage, very well looked after and reasonable price. So hard to get one of these in those conditions nowadays!

Big wing and 17" white rims is all she needs

That's one sexy Celica, although mine was just a ST the rims i got on it make it look quite nice(it's shocking how all the oem rims are ugly as sin).

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG