The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Mike, you'll need a USB key or external HDD thats >8 GB to play GTA. Basically the USB key will act as a supplemental hard drive for the game data.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I bought 2 cars and went and spent craptonnes of money on them.

It's legendary.

I'm at 90% completion as well now

How much does a single car cost?
Depends what car. I spent probably $500,000 on each car. I upgraded EVERYTHING on it to the nines.

Then I destroyed them and lost them.

Online is a bit better for that, as you can go full retard on a car, and then with insurance.. you can get new ones for a marginal claim fee.

I can't wait to be able to actually buy the $$$ for GTA, so I can buy a sweet apartment.
You play GTA and buy cars.

There are a few cars that spawn so rarely, that it might be more likely for Matt Kingsbury to get laid than find one randomly in the game.
Those cars sound rare.
Quote from Mustafur :Serious money to be made in races, i've gotten enough to buy my first apartment now.

Okay how? Most I've come across on PS3 is 10-15k for a win and I'm usually mid pack here. I am however liking the fact I can just go off and do my own thing if I want to. Though I'm wondering how I'm going to get 100k or so for an apartment given my lack of epic win skills (though I had a race I so nearly won last night around the top of the map)

I wish I hadn't picked my starting car though (Dominator, Mustang-type one) as I got a free Elegy and now ran out of garage space when there's so many cool cars to get though.

I feel like playing with you lot on PS3 at some point. If you spot some guy in a cowboy hat in a pink Elegy charging across the map.....yeah it's probably me. Or a black and red Dominator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :there are a few cars that spawn so rarely, that it might be more likely for matt kingsbury to get laid than find one randomly in the game.

:' )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Mike, you'll need a USB key or external HDD thats >8 GB to play GTA. Basically the USB key will act as a supplemental hard drive for the game data.

Yeah, already been there thinking I could play with disc and didn't know that I had to install. Works just fine now with a 16 gb flash drive. I just read arguements about some patch fixing the driving physics problem and have no idea if mine is patched or not. All I know is, driving sucks and the slidey car cheat thing isn't much of a fix for it, though is a better experience with than without.
I honestly found the physics to be fitting to the style of game. They're not as hardcore as GTA4 but considering this game has you driving over random terrain in a world far too hard to memorize easily, it's good that the physics are forgiving to mistakes.
Christ, there's so much children playing online. And generic console multiplayer retards.

I had robbed a couple liquor stores getting around 1,8K from each, finished a 3K mission and sold a stolen 7-series bimmer for 8K, was carrying almost 15K worth of cash with me after all that. So I started rushing towards the nearest ATM and just as I arrive there some kid starts following me around with guns blazing, so I had to get rid of him so I wouldn't lose all that money. As trying to drive and shoot from a car at the same time is nearly impossible with a gamepad, it took almost 10 minutes of driving throughout the city and mountain roads to get the dude off my back and my money safely in to the bank.

Can't really trust any other players out there because of these asshats, it's a shame. I hope the PC multiplayer will have more mature players...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I honestly found the physics to be fitting to the style of game. They're not as hardcore as GTA4 but considering this game has you driving over random terrain in a world far too hard to memorize easily, it's good that the physics are forgiving to mistakes.

While I don't exactly need LFS physics in a game like this, I would like a good bit more realistic driving. I would describe games tbat drive like this as they stuck a pin straight down in the middle of the car and the car rotates around this pin rather than actually being driven on 4 wheels.

Tone down GTA IV's bouncy incredibly articulate suspension and it would have been great rather than a full replacement driving model.
Quote from Matrixi :Christ, there's so much children playing online. And generic console multiplayer retards.

I had robbed a couple liquor stores getting around 1,8K from each, finished a 3K mission and sold a stolen 7-series bimmer for 8K, was carrying almost 15K worth of cash with me after all that. So I started rushing towards the nearest ATM and just as I arrive there some kid starts following me around with guns blazing, so I had to get rid of him so I wouldn't lose all that money. As trying to drive and shoot from a car at the same time is nearly impossible with a gamepad, it took almost 10 minutes of driving throughout the city and mountain roads to get the dude off my back and my money safely in to the bank.

Can't really trust any other players out there because of these asshats, it's a shame. I hope the PC multiplayer will have more mature players...

That's why you use passive mode mate
Quote from Matrixi :Christ, there's so much children playing online. And generic console multiplayer retards.

Pay the $100 for Passive mode - problem solved
You get it by holding down the select button on the PS3 - and I think "back" on Xbox
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from BlueFlame :That's why you use passive mode mate

Quote from CoolColJ :Pay the $100 for Passive mode - problem solved
You get it by holding down the select button on the PS3 - and I think "back" on Xbox

I know, however you can still get run over or car wrecked in passive.

Will try web bank next time, annoying game mechanic though.
Well I would web bank whilst in a car in a secluded spot

so youre upset someone tried to rob you in a criminal behaviour simulator?
ok this is bs, i just lost everything and i have to start agian.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Okay how? Most I've come across on PS3 is 10-15k for a win and I'm usually mid pack here. I am however liking the fact I can just go off and do my own thing if I want to. Though I'm wondering how I'm going to get 100k or so for an apartment given my lack of epic win skills (though I had a race I so nearly won last night around the top of the map)

I wish I hadn't picked my starting car though (Dominator, Mustang-type one) as I got a free Elegy and now ran out of garage space when there's so many cool cars to get though.

I feel like playing with you lot on PS3 at some point. If you spot some guy in a cowboy hat in a pink Elegy charging across the map.....yeah it's probably me. Or a black and red Dominator

find the shortest track, then do around 10 races on that track with atleast 3 people, bam you got like 50k from that alone.
Quote from Shotglass :so youre upset someone tried to rob you in a criminal behaviour simulator?

Upset? Read my post again. I'm disappointed at the level of parenting these days. The amount of 12 year old headset screamers in this game is mind boggling.

But I guess that's modern day parenting. Buy an 18+ rated game to do the baby sitting rather than do it the hard way and spend time with your offspring.
Quote from Matrixi :The amount of 12 year old headset screamers in this game is mind boggling.

You're on a console. What do you expect?
Quote from Mustafur :find the shortest track, then do around 10 races on that track with atleast 3 people, bam you got like 50k from that alone.

I tend to do the circle track at the jail for money and rep. Problem is nobody wants to help out

EDIT: Paleto Bay garage, cars drive past, grab one, take it to mod shop.....Profit
I've been making easy money by selling Ballers at the mod shop, 9K a pop. Sure it's slow as you can only do it once an hour, but it's efforthless money. No RP points though.
Gulliver Baller SUV(looks like Range Rover) is the best car i have seen for selling its worth 9k

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG