The online racing simulator
Just another game overhyped by sim racing fanatics imo :s
How is that different than iRental? Thousands of people overhype that arcade game.

Kunos did good at NKP, I think AC will be great. We are judging from videos. That's fairly difficult to judge anything by. Maybe the driver is being crazy and flooring stuff early and stuff.
Sounds like you just over-hyped yourself.

Tin-tops (especially GT cars) are going to surround this sim and I'm sure endurance racing will be a good chunk of it. Add in laser scanned cars and tracks with no subscription needed.

Please don't use 'overhyped' and 'sims' in the same sentence, as most of us here drive iRacing as well.
Well it looks a hell of a lot better than that Ferrari video a few weeks back... I don't know what the hell that was supposed to be, this look pretty good to me - actually seems like it drives and sounds like LFS

If it's "only" that good physics wise then we're on the right track. However, I seriously doubt they've gone backwards from the tech demo - which drives very nicely.
I woud still need a demo before preordering though.. but i'm also doubting they somehow managed to mess the tech demo..
Since when did a huayra sound like a fiat punto? :S
Quote from Boris Lozac :I woud still need a demo before preordering though.. but i'm also doubting they somehow managed to mess the tech demo..

Wait but i heard the tech demo was soooo good.
Your reading comprehension is devastating.
no, it's just me saying that everyone here was like omagerd tek demo is awsum. When in reality it only showed limited things. For all we know the physics being used on another vehicle may be just meh and not as good as the elise. Which apparently is good.
It is great for just a simple tech demo. Is there something wrong with wanting a demo before pre-order? Not saying it should happen, but I sure wouldn't say no. You're acting just like the people you despise, just in a different sense.
Quote from PMD9409 :It is great for just a simple tech demo. Is there something wrong with wanting a demo before pre-order? Not saying it should happen, but I sure wouldn't say no. You're acting just like the people you despise, just in a different sense.

He's just acting like a braindead iRacer now...
Quote from Bmxtwins :no, it's just me saying that everyone here was like omagerd tek demo is awsum. When in reality it only showed limited things. For all we know the physics being used on another vehicle may be just meh and not as good as the elise. Which apparently is good.

It shows that the physics ENGINE is very capable. Whether the other cars would be nice or not is a matter of the DATA used, which isn't a big problem for a title that encourages modding.

With the large number of cars they plan to build this time, I'm not expecting the official content to be as refined as nKP's in terms of physics. But as long as the engine is there we have hope.
What an extraorinarily ugly car....

Also, how smooth is that track? Looks like the car was just floating around the track.

But that might have been the weird outside camera. You could see the suspension move but the car seemed to just hover.

Oh well, let's see that again with a proper road car so we can compare to a known frame of reference.
While i don't think its the holy grail and LFS has probably more potential judging by the way a car "sits" on the track, it certainly is one of the best sims. Over hyped or not, not supporting it, especially when throwing hundreds at iRacing, is just wrong and doesn't bring the genre any further!
Quote from atledreier :What an extraorinarily ugly car....

Also, how smooth is that track? Looks like the car was just floating around the track.

But that might have been the weird outside camera. You could see the suspension move but the car seemed to just hover.

Oh well, let's see that again with a proper road car so we can compare to a known frame of reference.

The body was moving. The camera was locked to the body. If you look in the back you can see the ground shaking. Not the best chase cam cause it looks very strange.
Apparently AC now gets full 900° from the DFGT, but I still can't drive. While the Shifter, clutch and everything works ok in the Control screen, I can get the car to move only by holding the right paddle (assigned to 'Upshift'), and only in 1st gear I guess.

Both are 'Button 5' on each respective wheel, but the correct one will light up in the Control screen if I press them.

edit: so, whatever button I assign to a gear on the Shifter will assign the same numbered button on the DFGT. All 6 are scattered around the wheel ( I went through the Wizard thingy several times)

posted it on the AC forum, lets see what those guys say (got same username over there)
What the hell is wrong with English?
It's on an Italian website. The devs are Italian. What did you expect?
I would like to drive their McLaren and compare it to iracing's. I think that is one car iRacing did a pretty decent job on.
I'm under the impression that the Pace Car is the only car that iRacing has correct.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm under the impression that the Pace Car is the only car that iRacing has correct.

You mean the one that's not physical? And has super griph4x when entering and exiting pit lane?
Quote from Bose321 :It's on an Italian website. The devs are Italian. What did you expect?

i dunno maybe for kunos to have learned fromt he communications fiasco that was nkp?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG