The online racing simulator
I think even after S3 release I will never come back to LFS again.

Btw, who said S3 will ever get released?
Btw, who cares about LFS S3?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :It's like the people complaining how understeery the Lotus in the TP is... Meahwhile it's quite understeery IRL as well... First check how the real car behaves, then make an opinion.

This.
Quote :At the moment the plans are to have a steam only release.

Oops...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :It's like the people complaining how understeery the Lotus in the TP is... Meahwhile it's quite understeery IRL as well... First check how the real car behaves, then make an opinion.

Yea, but you get those people who've driven a VX220 or an MR2 and think they know automatically how it feels.
Quote from Keling :Oops...

Don't really think it's an "Oops" at all. They'll gain more customers on Steam than they lose through people who don't use it.

Personally I've used Steam since it's initial release all those years ago, now it's the only gaming platform I use for PC. And yes, up until 5-6 years ago I considered ditching it because it wasn't that good, but now there's really nothing better. Sure it has DRM, but it's non-intrusive, I never notice it. It's the best of a world where DRM won't go away - get used to it.

Also, Steam sales > any other sales.

O/T - Must buy for me.... Just need a new graphics card first!
That interior..
Quote from mr_x :
Also, Steam sales > any other sales.

Green Man Gaming has better deals on newer games. You basically cannot buy a game for full price there, even with pre-orders. GMG just isn't as in-your-face about it with events etc.
I guess it's a bit early for GMG to show Assetto for pre-sale.
Quote from MadCat360 :Green Man Gaming has better deals on newer games. You basically cannot buy a game for full price there, even with pre-orders. GMG just isn't as in-your-face about it with events etc.

you can buy steam codes cheaper then GMG prices most of the time, I buy most of my steam games from ozgameshop, its pretty much not worth buying off steam unless its a big sale.
I read somewhere that AC have some deal on the cards with Ferrari being announced soon, anyone got any details?
Quote from Born2BSlow :I read somewhere that AC have some deal on the cards with Ferrari being announced soon, anyone got any details?

Do you mean over and above the Ferraris on the car and track list?
Apparently they have done some simulation work for Ferrari and there was supposed to be a reveal related to it. Can't remember where I read it and can't find it again.
Brilliant post from an AC developer reacting to the comments criticising AC's marketing approach (which by very definition is clearly working!)

I have to get this weight out of my back.I've been reading lately that we are very good at teasing, masters of marketing and other things, regarding Assetto Corsa. Now I'm a positive thinking guy and willing to believe that the word "teasing" is meant in a good way, but I'll explain a couple of things anyway, no offence given or taken.First of all, I'd like to remind that a team of 10 guys with very limited resources, is trying to do a project that normally requires a team of at least 40-50 persons. That means that everyone of us is working every day at least 10-14 hours. This doesn't mean we are sacrificing our lives for the simracing cause, not at all.*We really really love what we do and that's why we're doing it, so I'm not complaining. But it does mean that when you're behind a monitor for so many hours, for so many days, for so many months, the monitor and your FB or twitter or chat contacts become your friends. And as such, whenever you're excited for something you really want to share it. That's what we do, we share our everyday job with friends. We even try to not talk to much about it, because we feel the "agony" (lol) of people that still can't drive AC, so we can't really describe everything we do, it would be a torture. We also can't tell everything because of stupid contracts, NDAs and other various reasons, we don't even have the time to tell everything, but sometimes we are so full of excitement that we need to get it out somehow.*So no, I can't really accept the word teasing for anything I say about Assetto Corsa. I'm not taking it personal or whatever, but then again I wanted to make it clear that there is no teasing.***Regarding official screenshots and people that are "bored" from the ongoing "teasing" again… I'll give you something to consider. Our Facebook page has almost 10000 likes (yay! thank you!). Let's double that and say that we may have 20000 people knowing about Assetto Corsa but not all of them have clicked "like". Do you think that's enough people in terms of possible sales (if all 20k people are buying it)?Well, count 10 people monthly pays, count the licenses, count taxes (italian taxes… ouch), count bills, count 3 years in the making etc and without not even going into details just think about it…*I understand that informed simracers, probably know all there is to know about AC and are bored by the usual screenshots, but just have a look at the comments and see how many people still don't know nothing about it and asks questions that have been answered months ago.*What should we do? Mainstream big video game websites and magazines won't even mention AC, we are nobody outside the small simracing community and even inside the simracing community still not everybody knows about AC. So how are we going to reach more people?Are we doing everything perfectly? Of course not!*Still, before thinking we're just teasing or before suggesting things like "put another car in the TP" or "get a demo out", or "release the game" and "stop the teasing I'm bored and my cat is angry" consider that we might have some very valid reasons for doing so… it's not too hard to imagine either.*Sorry for the long post, going back to my cave to try some more tweaking. Cheers everybody!
I believe the new Ferrari is a 312 T4. But nothin has been confirmed yet. There was a photo posted by the AC team of the cockpit of Lauda's car, but that mean nothing.

Plural is Lotuses.
Plural depends on the derivation. If it is Latin then it is Lotii, however if it is Greek then it is Lotuses.

Both languages have the word Lotos, but the most common derivation would be the Lotus plant in Greek mythology, which made you wasted.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG