The online racing simulator
Quote from Dennis93 :Volvo can't make a RWD for shit anyways.

Does base car has to be RWD in stock condition? For instance, in BTCC are Rob Austin Racing's Audi A4s, which were FWD when they rolled out of factory, now they are converted into RWD and they are doing pretty well...
Quote from TypeRacing :Does base car has to be RWD in stock condition? For instance, in BTCC are Rob Austin Racing's Audi A4s, which were FWD when they rolled out of factory, now they are converted into RWD and they are doing pretty well...

Are you 100% positive that those are RWD?

The ones that used to race in the old STCC was FWD, and IIRC, that is one thing you cannot change on the race cars compared to the street versions, I could be wrong though.

What I was trying to stress was that Volvo don't really have much RWD experience except, their tractors.
Austin's Audi is RWD.
Quote from ACCAkut :the VK series is pretty V8 for me. And its been in racing for years.

But they were never sold in any other country other than Japan. So that doesn't quite work as a counter-argument.
So what? Technical regulations of touring cars allows any engines of that make, no matter where or on what car that engine was used on. I don't know if V8SC rules regulates this point any way, so feel free to prove me wrong

Oh btw, also Nissan Altimas are FWD in stock
To me, it's kind of a marketing fail to enter a car into a series running a drivetrain and engine that it doesn't have on the showroom floor.
Quote from BlueFlame :But they were never sold in any other country other than Japan. So that doesn't quite work as a counter-argument.

:slap:

What are you on about? I dunno if the VK is even sold in Japan at all, it was developed for the US market, primarily Infinti. And, yes, I know that the Altima is just a silhouette and shares nothing with the car it represents, except maybe the rear lights.

But Volvo has no V8 at all (even tho I read the regs allow a GM LSX as well) , and no intention and money for a bigger overseas motorsport programm
Quote from ACCAkut ::slap:

What are you on about? I dunno if the VK is even sold in Japan at all, it was developed for the US market, primarily Infinti. And, yes, I know that the Altima is just a silhouette and shares nothing with the car it represents, except maybe the rear lights.

But Volvo has no V8 at all (even tho I read the regs allow a GM LSX as well) , and no intention and money for a bigger overseas motorsport programm

The Q45 stopped production for the US market in '06 but they onlyand the Cima never made it outside of Japan (officially).

Unless there's some commercial vehicle or something in the US I've never heard of. Which is problem the case, but I don't fap over Japanese manufacturers so it's impossible for me to keep up.
Quote from ACCAkut :the VK series is pretty V8 for me. And its been in racing for years.

yeah, had. They had that Yamaha V8 for the XC90, but when Volvo changed ownership in 2010 they lost the rights for that engine too.

None of those VK models are sold in Australia though(apart from a Nissan Patrol but I mean how relevant is that, its the furthest thing from sporty??), making it irrelevant.
Quote from Dennis93 :Are you 100% positive that those are RWD?

The ones that used to race in the old STCC was FWD, and IIRC, that is one thing you cannot change on the race cars compared to the street versions, I could be wrong though.

What I was trying to stress was that Volvo don't really have much RWD experience except, their tractors.

so basically every success they had the 80s with the 240 never existed?
Quote from Mustafur :so basically every success they had the 80s with the 240 never existed?

No but it would probably be the only RWD success they've ever had outside of Trucks.
Quote from BlueFlame :No but it would probably be the only RWD success they've ever had outside of Trucks.

Its just a drive train anyway, the biggest issue with new manufacturers coming into V8s right now is getting enough power out of the Pushrod engine which Holden and Ford pretty much have had had it down pat for years.

Nissan are pretty close Within a Year of Development where as AMG will probably take atleast another season to catch up(Surprise, Surprise AMG is taking longer despite far more experience dealing with V8 engines than Nissan).
You mean the stock engine that has a branded rocker cover or what?

I thought the engine formula in V8SC was just like NASCAR.
Quote from BlueFlame :You mean the stock engine that has a branded rocker cover or what?

I thought the engine formula in V8SC was just like NASCAR.

Quote from ****ing why don't you look this stuff up :
Engine and Drivetrain

All cars must be front-engined and rear-wheel drive. All cars use a 5.0-litre, naturally aspirated V8-engine with electronic fuel injection, capable of producing between 460 and 485 kW(620–650 bhp).Manufacturers are free to choose between using an engine based on one from their own line up or a generic engine provided by V8 Supercars.Both Ford and Holden use US-based racing engines with pushrod actuated valves and two valves per cylinder. Mercedes and Nissan, meanwhile, use modified versions of their own engines, with hydraulic-lift valves and four valves per cylinder. All engines are electronically limited to 7500 rpm and have a compression ratio of 10:1.

Is it hard to comprehend that someone may simply just not be aware of something, it doesn't really make it "" worthy does it?

I even said I thought it was like NASCAR, meaning that, I no longer think that after reading what was said.
Quote from Mustafur :Its just a drive train anyway, the biggest issue with new manufacturers coming into V8s right now is getting enough power out of the Pushrod engine which Holden and Ford pretty much have had had it down pat for years.

Nissan are pretty close Within a Year of Development where as AMG will probably take atleast another season to catch up(Surprise, Surprise AMG is taking longer despite far more experience dealing with V8 engines than Nissan).

Don't forget that V8SC is just the lowest priority within AMG customer sport program.

Quote from ACCAkut ::slap:

Correction, Volvo had and has intentions to run something other than TTA, but the Chinese owners didn't let them.
Yvan Muller is the biggest lucker in history. Race 1 P1, because his Cruze had better top speed on straights, otherwise he'd be beaten by Coronel. Race 2 P2 because everyone in front of him crashed. Result - almost full score again.

Fkin robot. :checkered
Just as a heads-up, the third BTCC race from Oulton Park on the weekend was a cracker.
It was shit, just another BTCC fail fest.
You sure would do a better show dancing naked on the circuit. :guitarist
Why is suddenly Beemer so slow in DTM now. Like all beemers out in Q1. DTM has secret ballast system between rounds?
Quote from N I K I :Why is suddenly Beemer so slow in DTM now. Like all beemers out in Q1. DTM has secret ballast system between rounds?

There used to be the system

+10 kg for winning car/brand
No change for second car/brand
-10kg for third car/brand

However I don't know if that is still in place.
Quote from TFalke55 :There used to be the system

+10 kg for winning car/brand
No change for second car/brand
-10kg for third car/brand

However I don't know if that is still in place.

Yea, gotta be that. Beemer took all round podium the last race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG