The online racing simulator
Quote from ChristijaNL :Have they solved the tyres issues from last year? Or is it gonna be epic last laps again?

It is worth to watch it anyway - climb of top drivers will be interesting.
apperantly illegal rear wing for the factory Hondas. They will have to start both races from the back.

Thompson just set the fastest lap in Warm-up with a time which would have set him into 8th in Q2. Lotti still raged in the interview with Eurosport about what has happened.

The new SEAT was presented and will be the car of a new Supercopa ladder
Quote from TFalke55 :The new SEAT was presented and will be the car of a new Supercopa ladder

You mean this one?

Yep, that's it. I like it.
Well, the V8s in Austin was a really good show, but they definitely need to bring a softer tie next time. And planting some shade trees would be a good investment.

I hear they're looking to add a second American round. Can I suggest Laguna?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, the V8s in Austin was a really good show, but they definitely need to bring a softer tie next time. And planting some shade trees would be a good investment.

We had discussion about this on IRC, there's many better circuits for V8 racing than this. Mid Ohio, Laguna, Infineon, Vriginia, Road Atlanta...

I agree it was a good show though, sunday races being much better than those on saturday. Finally i had chance to watch them live!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, the V8s in Austin was a really good show, but they definitely need to bring a softer tie next time. And planting some shade trees would be a good investment.

Bring them to the Glen.
The Glen is a great suggestion, if they use the long course. Lime Rock might even be fun.
Well, V8SC don't race on the longest of tracks at times. If you honestly think about it, they could get away with using the Cup course just fine.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well, V8SC don't race on the longest of tracks at times. If you honestly think about it, they could get away with using the Cup course just fine.

There's just a similar lack of passing opportunities to Austin on the short course.
DTM's DRS fine tuned so much better than F1.

Absolutely loved Spielberg race. Way to go Post BMW and Glock!

It was a pretty good race. No need to say I'm happy with the podium.
DTM is just a piss boring silhouette series now
DTM is ridiculous with their attempt to copy F1.
Quote from zeugnimod :DTM is ridiculous with their attempt to copy F1.

DRS actually works better. It's just enough to get side by side. Still not as gay as 'press the overtake button' F1...
Quote from BlueFlame :DTM is just a piss boring silhouette series now

It is since roughly 2004. The old Opel and Audi DTM cars that could compete in the VLN are from before that time. Todays carbon contraptions would just break apart on the Nordschleife.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :DRS actually works better. It's just enough to get side by side. Still not as gay as 'press the overtake button' F1...

Do you mean the DRS system on the car works better? Or the placement of the DRS zones on the track? I think the reason it works better is because they're not as fast, or don't accelerate as quickly.
Quote from BlueFlame :Do you mean the DRS system on the car works better? Or the placement of the DRS zones on the track? I think the reason it works better is because they're not as fast, or don't accelerate as quickly.

there are no DRS zones in DTM
Volvo are set to reveal their 2014 V8 Supercar for GRM on June 17th.
I thought the XC90 had a V8 model.
Quote from BlueFlame :Do you mean the DRS system on the car works better? Or the placement of the DRS zones on the track? I think the reason it works better is because they're not as fast, or don't accelerate as quickly.

There are no zones, you're allowed to used it once per lap. What I meant is that DRS doesn't give you such a big advantage like in F1. In F1 you activate DRS and bam, you just passed. But here it's not that effective, it's just enough to get close/side by side. So that's why I said it "works better" it doesn't make overtaking so easy, due to the lower speed and worse aero as you said.
Quote from Mustafur :Nissan doesn't have a V8 either and the car they used is probably the furthest thing from ''sporty''.

the VK series is pretty V8 for me. And its been in racing for years.

Quote from BlueFlame :I thought the XC90 had a V8 model.

yeah, had. They had that Yamaha V8 for the XC90, but when Volvo changed ownership in 2010 they lost the rights for that engine too.
Volvo can't make a RWD for shit anyways.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG