The online racing simulator
Yes, I keep on facepalming.
Desaster weekend for Honda. Both JAS drivers crash the cars on their faults and the Zengő car had thermal problems after collecting Monteiro's break disk. Huff ends race two also on his own fault, and at the end Yvan Muller again is the lucky winner of this. At least two surprise winners with Oriola and Nykjaer. Also BMW out-of reach of anything and Thompson again being shot off track.
Quote from TFalke55 :Desaster weekend for Honda.

Disastrous? Nope. Tarquini showed some very serious pace, on a track that was supposed to favour the Chevys with their larger wheel base.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Disastrous? Nope. Tarquini showed some very serious pace, on a track that was supposed to favour the Chevys with their larger wheel base.

Of course, but I wasn't talking about the development, but the course of the races, and they were a desaster for the Hondas.
Good thing about NZ being so far ahead.

Oh and dat final corner
Well that was a stupid finish... (Race 2)
Quote from TFalke55 :Of course, but I wasn't talking about the development, but the course of the races, and they were a desaster for the Hondas.

Semantics aside, Tarquini taking pole and finishing the "standard" grid race 1 in 2nd ahead of Yvan Muller was a superb achievement.

Many people would have bet on a runaway championship win from Muller after he claimed maximum points at Monza. But now after Marrakech it looks like Gabriele certainly won't give up without a fight.

Very promising ahead of Slovakiaring, which was Chevy's weakest track last year...
Race 3 starting soon. Same link as above for stream.
Race 3 was a tad messy.
Race 4 was a good watch. Those side by side moments through the last sector was awesome to watch.
Quote from PMD9409 :Race 4 was a good watch. Those side by side moments through the last sector was awesome to watch.

And scary, at times...

Also, there was a hard hit in the NZ Utes earlier today of the last corner. Saw it live on tv... Will try to find video of it.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Even better in the flesh

It looks like it's still a wicked track since the makeover, and it produced a great weekend of racing. I can see why the drivers love it. Will try to make it over there next year.

Also, I didn't know that you guys had your own V8 championship (I won't mention that an Aussie won it either)
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :On top of the hill on the last corner for the most part.

Went up in the scissor lift next to the chicane for qualy and a few support races, but that is nowhere near as cool as the esses, the cars are doing 200 kph +, sideways, usally with a wheel or two on the grass on that last corner, it really is amazing to watch.

Ok. Did you see what happened to Scotty McLaughlin in race 3? There is no footage of it. (besides the in-car camera which is mainly used for crash investigation stuff. That footage hasn't and probably wont be released...)
Scott Pye's crash at Symmons Plains a few weeks ago measured at 28 g's.
Praise the lord for human elasticity!
The V8 Utes have adopted a Formula One style knock-out qualifying.

Quote from Speedcafe :The Auto One V8 Ute Racing Series will feature a Formula 1-style knock-out qualifying session at its second round of the season at Barbagallo on May 3-5.

The regular 30 minute session will now be broken up into three segments of 10, seven and five minutes.

Twelve of the 32 drivers will be eliminated after Q1, with a further 10 dropped after Q2.

The format will almost certainly cause controversy around the tight Barbagallo layout as drivers try and find clear track in Q1.

Qualifying is of particular importance in the V8 Ute class as its carries the same points weighting as each of the three races.

Reigning Barbagallo V8 Ute round winner Kim Jane says that conserving tyres will be the key under the new qualifying format this weekend.

“Perth’s a track that is unbelievably hard on tyres, it’s an abrasive track,” he said.

“A lot will be tactical; the fewer laps you can do in qualifying, the better your tyres will be for racing.”

Source: http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/ ... or-v8-utes-at-barbagallo/

Yep.
Great action packed WTCC Race 2 today at Slovakia Ring, just like it used to be 5-6 years ago... I like

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG