The online racing simulator
Giovanardi has been announced at Airwaves for the BTCC next year. That makes 6 confirmed returning champions (Menu, Plato, Neal, Gio, Shedden and Jordan) and it seems there is a good chance Turkington will be back as well.

Still wish they would get rid of the stupid boost regs or at least publish them so you can see which cars are being handicapped and by how much.
Fair to say at this rate BTCC is getting back to full greatness, WTCC can't fill stands anywhere near as full as whats happening in Britian right now, and the driver line up is starting to improve as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if a Factory team from WTCC moves over soon.
Well, it seems that the guys at v8 supercars have stopped people getting superview. so any ideas where i can watch the races (that isnt live)?
It certainly makes sense, I was surprised that it was international at all. However, do you have a source that says it will not be so this year? The Superview page says
Quote :Details on the 2014 season will be announced approximately 10am Saturday the 1st March.

Which is in about 8 hours or something.
There wasnt anything on there for the last month, or on the "how to follow the clipsal 500" article. Or a reply to my email. Must have just been put up so ill take a look
No idea what's going on. It's past 10am there, and yet there's no info. PC streaming doesn't seem to be available for Aussies either at the moment, bizarrely.
V8 SuperView page defines it rather clearly now:
Quote :Live Streaming in Australia

Live streaming of the 2014 V8 Supercars Championship is now available via FOXTEL Go and FOXTEL Play.

For existing Foxtel customers, just switch on FOXTEL Go for all the action or sign up for Foxtel Play on compatible devices.

Quote :Live Streaming International

Purchase V8 SuperView for viewing outside of Australia and New Zealand.

Quote :Live Timing

Accessed via the new V8 Supercar iPad app, connect to live timing for every session.

Quote :New Zealand Residence

Live streaming and post race replays will not be available to persons within New Zealand. Please visit skysport.co.nz for information on V8 Supercars New Zealand broadcasts

Yeah, so it would seem. I was comparing the cost vs. content of the Finnish coverage of the F1 and the intl. V8s.
Quote :
2014 International Streaming
$39.95 AU / 25.80€ / £21.30 / $35.70 US

Live and Uninterrupted
All V8 Supercars Qualifying sessions
All V8 Supercars Top 10 Shootouts
All V8 Supercars Championship Races
Full replays of all 2014 V8 Supercars Championship races
Available only to customers outside of Australia and New Zealand

Quote :F1
90€ / $109.30 AU / £74.20 / $124.40 US

All practices live and VoD with commentary
All qualifications live and VoD with commentary
All races live and VoD with commentary

Now, considering that I don't want to watch or pay for practices, and that the commentary is awful, I'm glad I haven't convinced myself that the F1 deal is worth it. Insane pricing.
Volvo had an epic debut.
why can't our DTM be that epic. Cars that can fight, that drive like cars, not like formular cars in drag

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG