The online racing simulator
You.. you're wrong! 'twas TVE!

On topic.. When's the update coming? anyone have any idea?
Quote from Bmxtwins :You're right. But then you hve people conmenting its the best. Well, its not finished lets wait for the actual demo.

admitedly the physics and graphics are good. I wont dispute that. But lets see how all other features are.

Well I'd say that if the Tech Demo feels like a giant step above everything else, that the fully released version will feel AT LEAST the same step above everything else. I doubt it'll get worse.
Guys what the **** is this?

This technology preview only has one car and one track with limited features. Looks like an unfinished game.
Quote from troy :Talking about twitter, some people really got nothing better to do. First of all what is iRacing even doing on steam, I don't quite get that and secondly who is fanboy enough to vote NO on another simracing title on steam.

Truly pathetic. I will never understand the mentality of the retards who would do shit like that.
Why the fck can you even VOTE No?
Quote from Hahmo :Jesus ****ing christ Ray just shut the hell up already on these forums as you clearly have no ****ing clue about anything that's being discussed.

Quote from seniecka :Sorry, but are you seriously that stupid or just acting?[..]

Quote from Dennis93 :You are so ****ing stupid man....

Quote from Dennis93 :[..]You could say ; Well I'm going to stfu until I've seen the final Demo because obviously I'm too ****ing thick in the face to understand anything about everything[..]

I don't know any of you, neither Bmxtwins; I also don't know what history might exist between you, but would be nice not to see direct insults like these, on the forum.. even if we are in Off-topic section.
He made a statement you don't agree, or that seems uninformed. Ok, plenty of arguments for that alone, no need to go overboard.

Just giving you an idea of how it looks from the "outside".
I'm actually surprised that no mod reacted to this by now.. or is it allowed here and I'm the one uninformed ?

Back OT, it's really a pity to vote against AC on steam just to keep it away.. One would think that everybody understood by now that competition is GOOD for the end-user.. aka US.

My two cents.
And I can't even buy it, my country is not on Paypal.. tech demo, tech shmemo.
It's sad about the stuff on Steam.
Quote from PMD9409 :It's sad about the stuff on Steam.

I just had a look at the greenlight and I completely agree. Why would iRacing be on steam anyways, unless they redo their entire system and make it a menu based game.
Quote from PMD9409 :It's sad about the stuff on Steam.

I bet you voted no

@ray: you do know steam has a built in web browser right?
iRacing? Steam?

I'm going to sit back and await the 'ZOMG THIS SUCKS' flood of posts in the Steam Discussion hub IF it gets Greenlit. (Don't Valve have some kind of rule about how you have to buy any DLC through Steam though? I remember that being the reason why the later EA titles got pulled, surely iR would fall foul of that rule IF it is still in place?), I've tried it, not my cup of tea, but I'm not going to sit there and whine and moan on the discussion hubs (which IMO should never have replaced the User Forums).

I will laugh if iR gets onto Steam and the discussion hubs are filled with people complaining about iR, maybe that's just my warped sense of humor, but...
Scott: I don't think it forces you to buy content through Steam. There's a lot of Games For Windows Live games on Steam that allow you to buy the DLC seperately from Steam. GTA, and Microsoft Flight are 2 that pop into my mind immediately.
I won't mind if they're both on there, or if one, the other or neither are. To my mind iRacing is a product for people who are actively looking for a racing simulation to play. These people already know about it, they don't need Steam to tell them it exists or talk them in to subscribing.
Assetto Corsa has more of the Gran Turismo appearance, and probably would benefit a lot from being on Steam (how much the community would benefit I don't know). I don't know what the pricing structure will be, but I'm sure it won't be subscription based like iRacing.
If iRacing have decided to go to Steam simply because AC did, I hope AC buries them.
Quote from sinbad :Answer: Someone that has spent hundreds and hundreds or dorrah on the "best sim out there" and wants to keep it that way.

I'm 50% of that, in the sense that I spent 100's of £ to have everything, only for them to make it consistently more shit after each update. To the point where I'm not subscribed and wish I never had been.
Fact of the matter is iRacing can't work on steam as it's not JUST the .exe game client you need, it's all this service helper bs and then the fact you have to sit with a web browser open to join servers n shit.
Quote from BlueFlame :Fact of the matter is iRacing can't work on steam as it's not JUST the .exe game client you need, it's all this service helper bs and then the fact you have to sit with a web browser open to join servers n shit.

Paraphrasing from staff: "Steam would just be used as an alternative place to purchase the basic subscription. Just like EVE."

For EVE Retribution, when you buy it off Steam you are given a code which you then use on the EVE site.

Anyway this is offtopic blah blah looking forward to the TD update etc yadda yadda go kunos
Quote from JackDaMaster :Paraphrasing from staff: "Steam would just be used as an alternative place to purchase the basic subscription. Just like EVE."

For EVE Retribution, when you buy it off Steam you are given a code which you then use on the EVE site.

Well it makes sense in it just being a gateway, but you can already buy iRacing online anyway, the steam games that really take off are the ones that you would otherwise have to visit a shop or some online store to purchase.

I guess iRacing are not financially secure or are looking further down the road than they do with the sim itself.
iRacing is a bunch of money hungry homos.
Quote from Boris Lozac :And I can't even buy it, my country is not on Paypal.. tech demo, tech shmemo.

Borise, čitaj SERT forum.
Quote from nesrulz :Borise, čitaj SERT forum.

hfajsfhaöklsfjhaölfjhasjlöfafsfaipafjas.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG