The online racing simulator
Quote from sinbad :It certainly isn't elitist, exclusive or nerdy in the same way many sims are.

Well a sim has to be all that There's plenty of arcades and sim-cades out there..
Or it's just a little bug, and instead of 0.1 or 0.01 being used as a variable, then 1.0 is used instead. It is a tech preview after all, and they've not claimed it's bug free.

The visual tyre deformation, I'd wager, isn't included yet. It is a tech preview after all.

Can't wait for all the damage (particularly transmission and engine) to stop some of the silly lap times. Didn't know about the fresh tyre bug - I'll give that a go tomorrow and see how quick fresh tyres make me (0.000001 seconds quicker probably).

Back in the day I was happy to drive LFS like a sim, but over the years I've tended to drive all sims as if they were a bit more real. I'm slower, and I still crash (very very very easy to misjudge stuff in a sim that you'd simply NEVER EVER do in reality), but I get more satisfaction from it. I also don't use unrealistic setups any more, even if I know they're quicker. That would probably change if I ever joined a league though!
Quote from Boris Lozac :They're saying that on default every aid is On, so that's why it's arcade. I got worried that there's a separate arcade physics.

"It is intended. We designed it in a way that the less assists you use the more the system forces you to drive realistically and the more realistically you drive, the faster the system let you go.

So:
automatic gearbox + autoblip + auto cut + auto clutch -> easiest -> slower
manual gearbox + paddles + autoclutch + autoblip - no autocut -> less easy -> a bit faster
manual gearbox + paddles - no autoclutch - no autoblip -> hard -> fast
manual H shifter -> manual clutch -> harder -> faster"

(c)Aristotelis
I don't consider those as aids though... What about ABS and stuff, are you faster with it?
Just in case you didn't realise, AC uses vertical FOV like NKP.
So if you use 65 in LFS you need 44 in AC (16:10 screen).
I am using 97 (90 is default) fov in LFS and 66 (60 is default) in AC

*single 23' monitor
Attached images
ACCC.png
Quote :I've tended to drive all sims as if they were a bit more real. I'm slowe....but I get more satisfaction from it. I also don't use unrealistic setups any more, even if I know they're quicker....

This is the way. That's what I've been doing for the beggining of the times, and that's why I don't give a shit about leagues,hotlapping and stuff. I do race and hotlap but I never compare myself with people who play with gamepads, aids on and unrealistic setups, I'm here for the pure satisfaction of driving.
@Tristan; Ever heard of adapting?
No
Doesn't the idea of driving 'realistically' fast is finding the actual edge of what you're driving in, instead of it being real or 'fake'?
Quote from Dennis93 :Doesn't the idea of driving 'realistically' fast is finding the actual edge of what you're driving in, instead of it being real or 'fake'?

Indeed, if real-world limits do not apply then find the ones that do.

"There is no spoon."
Up to a point, yes. I try to maximise myself of course. But I don't like to 'cheat'. To me that's using, say, a setup exploit where lower is always faster even though the car is bottoming all the time. I'll set the car up so it isn't bottoming all the time (unless it's a car that is meant to, for example 80s F1 cars with the magnesium skid blocks!). I also try not to use kerbs that would cause damage in real life (not so much of an issue in tintops admittedly), or cut corners where that would result in a penalty in reality.

I'm self policing, rather than exploiting every bug or limitation of a physics engine. Within those [flexible and impossible to perfectly define] parameters I try to go fast.

The FO8 ride height bug, whereby everyone used nose high setups to get the underfloor downforce component adding to acceleration is a case in point. Undoubtedly faster, but completely unrealistic. I wouldn't do that (anymore!)

Oh well, I give up.
"Is most realistic sim"
Has different realism settings
Quote from Bmxtwins :"Is most realistic sim"
Has different realism settings

Driver assists != realism settings.

Nice trolling bro, better luck next time.
1. Opens up every simulation on my PC.
2. Looks in options
3. Finds many assists on every sim.
4. ...
1. Find a way to kill the kingsbury family.
cant try it, need nkar pro key!
Quote from Dennis93 :1. Find a way to kill the kingsbury family.

Just put a steering wheel in front of them. They're prone to crash then.
When's the official demo Third world country is stoping me from paying 6e for something I'll probably never play once AC is out.. and i can't be bothered to wait in line in bank.
Quote from wildstyle :Buy one, problem solved.

dont wanna play nkpro...and buying a key for a demo is a bit...uh.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :dont wanna play nkpro...and buying a key for a demo is a bit...uh.

Wait for the demo

On the AC tech preview in general though, I think it is very impressive. As long as the net code and MP component is as good as LFS, I can see this taking up a lot of my race sim time. I cannot wait to have a go of an F40

Interface= great
sound= great
Physics=great
FFB= great
FPS= better than expected
Yeah, the tech preview is so limited you aren't missing much.
If I could copy DratsaB's review technique:
Interface = ok, but I'd prefer to be able to adjust everything whilst on track, like in LFS.
Sound = good, much better than nKpro
Physics = very low speed weirdness (suspension stops working completely if you slide to a stop) and other issues aside, it's excellent.
FFB = quite good overall but simply not as intuitive as LFS imho. LFS might not have the most realistic tyres or physics, but I still feel completely connected to them.
FPS= only a 7770 and I'm surprised how well it works, BUT, if I average 90fps on my own, how am I going to do with ten other cars kicking up dust and smoke? Not a big issue in LFS to dip to 35fps at the start of a race, because the steering always keeps up brilliantly until you get to single figures, but in Assetto Corsa, for whatever reason, there is steering lag at lower framerates. And it's going to be an issue, I'm sure.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG