The online racing simulator
Quote from shorty943 :For interests sake, absolute top speed with speed limiters off is set to 180 KPH.
Which is kind of crazy as the tires would explode in RL scenarios, that is the very reason racing trucks are limited to 160KPH\100MPH. Tire technology can't keep real physics and centrifugal forces from expanding and exploding tires at any greater speeds than that.

There is also a new mod out for the big Mercedes, gives you the chipped "black" engine at 670HP. This engine really sparkles, it has good response from throttle at all settings, revs like a banshee.

And for Cherio, and the rest of us gear jammers, there is a new mod out for the ZF 16 speed transmission, I'm hoping to be able to mod it for all the rest of the trucks soon, currently only for the small 310HP Iveco rig.

As for bonneted models, probably won't see them yet, it seems the people at SCS are still busy with bug hunting etc, pity really because I'd love to run a nice Western Star or similar.

Where could I possibly find that gearbox mod?
Quote from shorty943 :
And for Cherio, and the rest of us gear jammers, there is a new mod out for the ZF 16 speed transmission, I'm hoping to be able to mod it for all the rest of the trucks soon, currently only for the small 310HP Iveco rig.

I wonder how that would work in the control settings for the switch.
I currently have 1-6 7-12
Quote from CheerioDM :I wonder how that would work in the control settings for the switch.
I currently have 1-6 7-12

I'm guessing you use the 1st range switch for going from 1-6 to 7-12 then the 2nd range switch for 12-16.
Fixed the MAN interior some more, better textures then the first version, added a lot of hi-res details, new logo on the steering wheel, wheel ring etc..

Download
Looking nice, one thing I can't tell from the pics - are the buttons also more hires or still the same?
I've changed just the Hazard lights button and those GPS nobs.. Couldn't be bothered doing all of them
Most the mods I use are here, http://trucksmods.boards.net/index.cgi?
the admin of that site is a beta tester for SCS, he's pretty busy, but also very helpful guy.
I also found an 18 speed gearbox mod, so far been unable to get it to work though.
Still not sure why, must be holding my mouth wrong or something.
As for range switching, not sure, I use sequential shifter, my guess is olutheppa is right.
Well back to hacking away at these mods to try and get them to work for me.

Edit:
Found the reason the gearbox mod won't work, there are as yet no accessory slots for extra gearboxes in the code.
I have succeeded in getting a 735HP signature series pseudo Cumins engine to work though, for the Mercedes Actros, will post that to truckmods forum tomorrow.
Pimped up the SCANIA a bit, nothing fancy just new leather and logo on the steering wheel.. everything else is ok by default.

Before

After

Download
DAF needs a bit of love as well...just bought one, its an ok-ish truck, but the WHOLE interior is low res (yes, really low).
nice looking truck outside, inside its meh.
i wanna drive every make at least 10.000 km's so it really does matter

btw the scania logo on ur pic...kinda looks like 3d now :o
You think i should flatten it a bit eh..
nah its fine, just noticed.
didnt think a simple texture could look 3d-ish like that
You can stop now and just play the game.
Where is a Scania dealer? I have found all dealers except that one I believe. I'm in the middle Italy currently, I hope it's not far.
Quote from CheerioDM :You can stop now and just play the game.

You can stfu now and play the game..

@ bose

I have one in Aberdeen Scotland, the only one i discovered so far.
One is in Lille/Belgium, but it's a small dealership

I am only on level 11, 22% map discovered, certainly there must be another Scania dealers.
Aberdeen -> Scania
Amsterdam -> DAF
Berlin -> MAN
Birmingham -> MAN
Bratislava -> Mercedes
Bremen -> DAF
Brüksel -> Iveco
Calais -> MAN
Cardiff -> DAF
Dortmund -> MAN
Dresden -> Scania
Düsseldorf -> Renault
Edinburgh -> MAN
Felixstowe -> Renault
Frankfurt -> Iveco
Cenevre -> Mercedes
Glasgow -> DAF
Grimsby -> Iveco
Hamburg -> Iveco
Hannover -> Scania
Leipzig -> DAF
Lille -> MAN
Londra -> Volvo
Lüksemburg -> Volvo
Lyon -> Renault
Milan -> Scania
Manchester -> Scania
Münih -> MAN
Newcastle -> Mercedes
Nürnberg -> Volvo
Osnabrück -> Volvo
Paris -> Renault
Plymouth -> Mercedes
Prag -> Renault
Rostock -> Renault
Rotterdam -> Mercedes
Salzburg -> DAF
Szczecin -> Mercedes
Strasbourg -> Scania
Stuttgart -> Mercedes
Torino -> Iveco
Verona -> Volvo
Viyana -> Iveco
Wroclaw -> Volvo
Zürih -> DAF
Thanks for that list. Seems like I have a nice route ahead.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Oh that.. cause i'm a texture king

Here's an improved version, darkened some parts to be like it's in real life..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/79017817/ets2_00033.jpg

Download

Excuse my stupidity, but what's the exact path for this .dds? I have no vehicle, nor truck folder in my install of game downloaded from official ETS 2 site. I've searched it also in documents folder, but again no .dds at all.
Quote from Xaid0n :Aberdeen -> Scania
Amsterdam -> DAF
Berlin -> MAN
Birmingham -> MAN
Bratislava -> Mercedes
Bremen -> DAF
Brüksel -> Iveco
Calais -> MAN
Cardiff -> DAF
Dortmund -> MAN
Dresden -> Scania
Düsseldorf -> Renault
Edinburgh -> MAN
Felixstowe -> Renault
Frankfurt -> Iveco
Cenevre -> Mercedes
Glasgow -> DAF
Grimsby -> Iveco
Hamburg -> Iveco
Hannover -> Scania
Leipzig -> DAF
Lille -> MAN
Londra -> Volvo
Lüksemburg -> Volvo
Lyon -> Renault
Milan -> Scania
Manchester -> Scania
Münih -> MAN
Newcastle -> Mercedes
Nürnberg -> Volvo
Osnabrück -> Volvo
Paris -> Renault
Plymouth -> Mercedes
Prag -> Renault
Rostock -> Renault
Rotterdam -> Mercedes
Salzburg -> DAF
Szczecin -> Mercedes
Strasbourg -> Scania
Stuttgart -> Mercedes
Torino -> Iveco
Verona -> Volvo
Viyana -> Iveco
Wroclaw -> Volvo
Zürih -> DAF

Is it bad I'm planning a route that visits every one of those cities?

EDIT: Okay. How do I remove a GPS destination? I wanted to do a Newcastle to Newcastle delivery but got there too late, the job vanished, but it's still my active GPS route. Is there a simple way to clear it or not?
Quote from Mysho :Excuse my stupidity, but what's the exact path for this .dds? I have no vehicle, nor truck folder in my install of game downloaded from official ETS 2 site. I've searched it also in documents folder, but again no .dds at all.

You just put that zip file in my documents/ets2/mod folder.. To get those files for editing you have to unpack the base.scs file with SCS extractor tool.

edit: here's the black and white front grills, that gray was annoying.

White

Black
So...

Which truck has the most pulling power (including mods), which has the best top speed, and is there one no limiter mod for all the truck chassis?
Volvo prides itself on being the most powerful truck on the market, but, there is a 1010HP mod for the big scania.

All trucks have a top speed of 180KPH, IF, you have a long enough straight to get them there, with that in mind, anything over about 130 with a load will have you in big trouble on the corners as the load takes charge. I have been pushed across 3 lanes of an autobahn at about 140KPH by the weight of a load, it's not easy to catch and correct. And, I have owned and driven my own trucks for many years.

And yes, there is a physics mod with no speed limiter for all trucks at
http://trucksmods.boards.net/index.cgi
you do have to register at that forum to download though.
Quote from shorty943 :All trucks have a top speed of 180KPH

You can fly much faster than 180kmh.
I once flew so fast that I could see myself in the back mirror. I've overtook myself...
Attached images
ets2_00001.png

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG