The online racing simulator
Quote from dekojester :I absolutely refuse to watch the end of any NASCAR restrictor plate race anymore (bar the Daytona 500) because invariably, there's always a wreck of some type on the last half of the last lap and the frickin' morons in race control at NASCAR doesn't get the concept that a) they're already wrecking anyway and no amount of yellow flags or divine intervention will stop them or anyone else from wrecking and b) they'll be slowed down after finishing in plenty of time before returning to the scene of the carnage. I end up raging at my TV and end in a bad mood the rest of the night.

But that wreck (after I saw it on YouTube mind :P) was nothing special, there's been worse.

Sounds like the kyoto 250. :P
Quote from dekojester :But that wreck (after I saw it on YouTube mind :P) was nothing special, there's been worse.

Nothing viscious, but it's a flashback to the Busch race years ago when there was a big one and only 4 cars came through undamaged. This one had 3 cross the line okay, everyone else had some form of damage and limped across the line.

Quote from JackDaMaster :Think about if there HADNT been that crash though, Waltrip would have won and y'all would be lovin it anyway

Fixed.
The best car won really somehow. The yellow is to avoid people behind the wreck from flying through the crash scene when saftey workers could be there already or drivers could be attempting to get out of their car

Back to some conventional racing next weekend and it's about time , but it was an entertaining break this weekend

The 3 undamaged survivers was what was big about the wreck... it was 4 wide 6 or 7 deep Like I said, it was impressive that they made it that far the way they were pushing too. Honestly, it was a pretty good race up until that crash (which was expected)

Full Race Rewind: http://www.nascar.com/video/po ... up-tal2-rewind/index.html
Quote from Bmxtwins :Sounds like the kyoto 250. :P

Couldn't have been the 500 cos it didn't last 500060960hours.
Dega pile-up explained:

Quote from JackDaMaster :Also all of the driving was excellent today until the final corner

Agreed(apart from McMurray's strange weaving perhaps).
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Agreed(apart from McMurray's strange weaving perhaps).

I don't think anybody understood that

I can't wait until Daytona and Talledega become bumpy race tracks again. That will allow the pack to get more spread out and give certain cars more of an advantage from the others.

I'm hoping that the 2013 cars will give better "suck up" in the draft and actually allow them to execute sling shots too, but that's not gonig to happen.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Agreed(apart from McMurray's strange weaving perhaps).

Think he was just trying to stay ahead of the pack to miss the big one/lead most laps/be awesome/car was loose as all **** in the pack (i will defend him all ****in day i love him)
Jamie had no team mate up there and he knew once he fell back he may never make his way back up. So he just did everything possible to stay up front.
http://www.nascar.com/news/121 ... -car-tire-test/index.html

Best news I may have heard about the cars yet is in this article.

Quote :"Moving into 2013 we've worked hand in hand with Goodyear and their engineers to get a plan together to build tires specifically for this new race car and optimize the grip," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. "We have built this car with the mind-set that we are going after more of a mechanical grip and reduce some of the aero dependencies of the car for 2013. ... This test at Texas is actually our very first test with multiple cars with the new aero package."

Let's hope they acheive this

Also: http://www.cbssports.com/nasca ... int-cup-cars-at-texas/rss

Quote :Juan Pablo Montoya was "happily surprised" with the reduced downforce. He says the car slid around a little bit, but wasn't unpredictable and didn't do anything strange.

Seeing reports Dale Jr is out the next two races with a concussion, Regan Smith filling in for him in the 88. If this is true, huge opportunity for Regan to show what he can do in a top level car.
Quote from UncleBenny :Seeing reports Dale Jr is out the next two races with a concussion, Regan Smith filling in for him in the 88. If this is true, huge opportunity for Regan to show what he can do in a top level car.

Pretty much confirmed as far as I can see.
Also dinger in the 51
I have recording of Jr's onboard. He said immediately after "I don't know how many more of those I can take".
Will be nice to see Smith in the 88 even though I hate to see Junior out of the race. Curious to see what he'll be able to do with it

If he wins...
Wow that dashes jrs any chance at the chase. Good for dinger and smith tho!
Now only did I see it live that Greg Biffle clearly got the pole, with Mark Martin 2nd and Ryan Newman 3rd, but even your link agrees with my crazy fantasy.
Seems like someone is happy to have a new driver this week.

You keep it classy Phoenix Racing.
Quote from UncleBenny :Seems like someone is happy to have a new driver this week.

You keep it classy Phoenix Racing.

Probably happy that there is a 300% better chance it won't get wrecked this weekend
Damn smith was doing a good job...

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG