The online racing simulator
2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
83 days until Daytona.

First big story of the off season, Kurt Busch is out at Penske(story). Who will replace him? Vickers? Ragan? Kligerman? I've always disliked Kurt Busch, I'm not terribly upset to see him lose another ride.
Busch deserved put out of that ride. I refuse to participate in this thread though. My neck is tan.
#4 - JJ72
Kurt Busch is fired because he played his heel persona too well?
Quote from JJ72 :Kurt Busch is fired because he played his heel persona too well?

Kurt Busch was fired because his attitude was a detriment to his race team.
One down, just Kyle to go

Has anyone worked out how the championship would of worked out if there was no chase? It's always interesting to see
Quote from R34GTR :One down, just Kyle to go

Has anyone worked out how the championship would of worked out if there was no chase? It's always interesting to see

Eh, its not really that interesting to see, everyone would have raced differently if there was no Chase, so the old points are kind of useless.

All the different points scenarios are down this page a little bit though.

http://www.jayski.com/teams/chase2011.htm

Here's old points, no chase:

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Points - Classic without the Chase: Pos) Car#-Driver, Classic Points, Behind Leader
1) #99-Carl Edwards 5193
2) #48-Jimmie Johnson 4916 -277
3) #14-Tony Stewart 4897 -296
4) #29-Kevin Harvick 4896 -297
5) #17-Matt Kenseth 4875 -318
6) #24-Jeff Gordon 4794 -399
7) #18-Kyle Busch 4713 -480
8) #39-Ryan Newman 4560 -633
9) #22-Kurt Busch 4531 -662
10) #2-Brad Keselowski 4523 -670
11) #88-Dale Earnhardt, Jr. 4422 -771
12) #4-Kasey Kahne 4382 -811
13) #33-Clint Bowyer 4363 -830
14) #11-Denny Hamlin 4318 -875
15) #43-A.J. Allmendinger 4202 -991
Quote from UncleBenny :83 days until Daytona.

First big story of the off season, Kurt Busch is out at Penske(story). Who will replace him? Vickers? Ragan? Kligerman? I've always disliked Kurt Busch, I'm not terribly upset to see him lose another ride.

Ragan hopefully
I think it is always sad when a good driver loses his ride because of personality issues. Kurt definitely looks like a total **** but in a way it is sad to see him go because he can drive those derp wagons pretty fast.
I wonder if Roush will take kurt in place of Ragan?
He never had his head on straight, most likely never will. This is his 2nd major ride that he has pissed away (#97 at Roush), and who knows if he will ever get a 3rd.

Edit for above: Roush fired Kurt in the middle of the season (2005 I believe) for his stupidity just like Penske has. Kurt could try and buyout a spot and he might get sponsorship, but I highly doubt it.
Am I allowed in this thread if I'm not a redneck?
I'm Hispanic, don't throw rocks at me and call me Alien please

Any news on Trevor Bayne?
Maybe we should get a Grand Am thread going this year, I'm really excited for the new DP's and the new cars in GT. I want to go to the 24 hour race some year, just wish it wasn't in January with the possibility of it being cold out.
Quote from UncleBenny : just wish it wasn't in January with the possibility of it being cold out.

It's in Florida, what are the chances of it actually being cold out? If it was 50 in January, I'd be wearing shorts, and I don't think it even gets that cold down there.
In the day? Not really. It can get into the 20s some nights in the winter here, but no less normally. I'd expect the coldest you could see in the day is 40-50 with bright sunshine so shorts etc are still necessary.
"40-50" is not the warmth I require if I'm travelling all the way to Florida. I want 80 and sunny all weekend.
Quote from UncleBenny :"40-50" is not the warmth I require if I'm travelling all the way to Florida. I want 80 and sunny all weekend.

You would be wrong then. 80s in January / February is incorrect weather for anywhere in the northern hemisphere not actually in the tropics
Quote from UncleBenny :Maybe we should get a Grand Am thread going this year, I'm really excited for the new DP's and the new cars in GT. I want to go to the 24 hour race some year, just wish it wasn't in January with the possibility of it being cold out.

I had the same thought . Grand-Am would be the most intertaining American form of motorsports for an international audiance anyways. (Big time series anyways)
Quote from Dennis93 :I'm Hispanic, don't throw rocks at me and call me Alien please

Any news on Trevor Bayne?

I believe Stenhouse will drive the 21 this year and Trevor Bayne will take a shot at the NWS title
Quote from Mustangman759 :I believe Stenhouse will drive the 21 this year and Trevor Bayne will take a shot at the NWS title

Wonder if he will take a shot at running in the Daytona 500?

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG