The online racing simulator
It's the Shootout from this year.

Probably won't get started until after 9 looking at the weather
Going against the Oscars? NASCAR's gonna lose
You'd be surprised. The Walking Dead posted 8 million viewers (a series record) despite airing against the Grammys this year (although the Grammys also put up something like 35 million viewers).

NASCAR fans are die hards and rednecks. What makes you think they'd want to watch a bunch of silly dressed self-gratifying Hollywood celebrities babble on about nothing?
You might lose some casual fans, but no one who is diehard is going to switch to the freaking Oscars.
Actually now that I think about it that's every single person Danica brings.

Maybe we could take her off the broadcast then too?
Quote from Rappa Z :Actually now that I think about it that's every single person Danica brings.

Maybe we could take her off the broadcast then too?

I'd rather have them around than not, annoying as it might be. More eyes watching is rarely a bad thing for the sport
Michael waltrip shutup and listen to dw he knows more about being a championship contender
Michael talks the talk, he just don't walk the walk (anymore). That's the difference, what he says makes sense just like DW, but because he still drives and wrecks it sounds like he's talkin out of his ass.
Postponed
Cancelled for today. Noon ET tomorrow.
Daaaaannnngggg it.,,,.... I hve school
Well, that killed NASCAR's momentum in ratings and attendance I'd assume after an awesome speedweeks.

Rain likely tomorrow again though. So maybe it'll be ran later tomorrow night
Weather.com shows heavy rain 12-5 tomorrow so I don't doubt it. Might even be run Tuesday.

Either way I have a lady friend who actually likes NASCAR (wtf?) and would like to come over and watch after school.
Quote from Rappa Z :Weather.com shows heavy rain 12-5 tomorrow so I don't doubt it. Might even be run Tuesday.

Either way I have a lady friend who actually likes NASCAR (wtf?) and would like to come over and watch after school.

My girlfriend likes it as well, but she has softball tomorrow (I have baseball as well )

I'm hoping that it'll rain until around 4 or so and then quit so I can see it all live and the majority of America can see it
Same...
http://www.frontstretch.com/bkeith/37344/

Quote :One story that for some odd reason stayed silent for all of Speedweeks in the Nationwide Series garage was an offseason move by NASCAR that increased entry fees for NNS competitors by some 25% over 2011. Over the course of a 33-race schedule, that’s going to translate to almost $10,000 in additional costs for NNS teams even before they take to the race track. “Everything NASCAR’s doing…there’s no sponsors, teams are falling out, and then they raise the f***ing price on entry fees and for people to get in and everything else. What are they thinking?” exclaimed one driver when asked about the change. “It infuriates me. It infuriates a lot of people. [But] as long as they’ve [NASCAR] got Hendrick, Roush, Childress, they’ll keep doing it.” Here’s to 2012, ladies and gents.

Not sure how serious to take it, but jacking up prices is expected really.
Any good weathersites for the track today? Looking like the weather clears around noon, that means a 3pm race. I'm not gonna rush to the track today....
how long are you in town for? I'd feel awful (on behalf of the American weather) if you had to miss the race all the way from Norway... Bad enough that it was postponed, which will already kill off some of the atmosphere.

This is one weather site.

This is another.

Looks like it could be another long day... all depends on exactly how the weather moves.
Quote from atledreier :Any good weathersites for the track today? Looking like the weather clears around noon, that means a 3pm race. I'm not gonna rush to the track today....

Sounds good to me!
Quote from atledreier :Any good weathersites for the track today? Looking like the weather clears around noon, that means a 3pm race. I'm not gonna rush to the track today....

I don't think its going to be clear until 2 or 3 probably.

http://www.weather.com/weather ... ur=8&begDay=58#hhView

Are they going to try and race tonight or wait until tomorrow? I think a Daytona 500 night race could be awesome, you might just get lucky that it rained yesterday.
postponed to 7pm tonight. Looking at the weather, that should work out.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :postponed to 7pm tonight. Looking at the weather, that should work out.

Best move that NASCAR has made in a long time!

(not they they have made bad decisions, just this one is awesome )
I will laugh so hard if it rains at 7pm tonight

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG