The online racing simulator
Joey or tony could have won that, so you think the buschsncared?
Disgusting driving from Kurt bush!! The tv guy called his team boss crazy, looks like he was spot on. Why would anyone let Kurt trash cars, cause accidents & then give him another chance to drive & wreck again the day/week after.

I cant even begin to understand the stupidity of this guy. illepall
It's Kurt. Don't even try to understand him.

Having said that, I think it was a racing deal, he wanted to move up to protect his position.
That's a lot of money wasted because of one moronic block.
Not just that but Joey Logano throwing a block up high to nerf Tony Stewart. Honestly, throwing blocks like that should be penalized on the basis that it costs alot of teams alot of money.
i've made a fantasy league thru nascar. Name Revolutionary Racing

no password
There's a back story to this whole accident actually. Apparently the spotter for the #1 car is also the team manager. Kurt was unhappy with him most of the race because the spotter would "talk" more than he would actually spot.

Going into T3, Kurt wasn't told about Tony/Elliott's run on the outside, and only knew about the cars directly above him (probably by looking physically). The spotter told him nothing but "block". So I doubt Kurt was happy with what happened, and didn't want to destroy those cars.

I'm not completely defending Kurt, but he wouldn't do something so stupid, the spotter was clearly a **** up.
Quote from BlueFlame :Not just that but Joey Logano throwing a block up high to nerf Tony Stewart. Honestly, throwing blocks like that should be penalized on the basis that it costs alot of teams alot of money.

Joey ran out of room...
Quote from Mustangman759 :Joey ran out of room...

Of course, I'm an idiot, just watched it again, it was all Kurt Busch's fault...

Ruined a great finish cos Stewart had a good run as did Logano.
yea exactly my thoughts.
50% chance of rain in Daytona tomorrow. Hopefully it won't shorten the race or postpone it.. It's not supposed to be a heavy rain though.
Quote from Cornys :50% chance of rain in Daytona tomorrow. Hopefully it won't shorten the race or postpone it.. It's not supposed to be a heavy rain though.

Shortened races are the worst... just suddenly, it's over and whoever happened to be leading is the winner.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Shortened races are the worst... just suddenly, it's over and whoever happened to be leading is the winner.

Exactly. Who ever thought of that rule? At least make them run the rest of the race under yellow so staying out on fuel doesn't hand somebody a win..

In other news:

Quote from 10andJoe :02.25.12 - 5:57 pm
Madness!

THIS! IS! DAYTONA!!!

Link to Nationwide Race discus ... on racing-reference.info

(Post #20 there if you can't find it)

Edit: Link fixed
Lmao

EDIT

Quote from Ferrit :
DSFF, Cooper

EXACTLY! I had to turn off the pre-race on the TV as I actually felt sorry for the BS the Dillon guys were going on about, yes I get they're related to Childress, and Austin drives a #3 (which to me is a number), if Sterling had died at Daytona instead of Dale, would there be a similar 'mistyque' around the #40? Being very, very blunt I find some NASCAR fans hypocritical with their 'OMG NOBODY SHOULD DRIVE TEH THAT WAS DALE'S NUMBER' attitude, when nobody bats an eyelid to AJ or Amirola or Rick Wilson or John Andretti running in the 43. I'll admit to pulling for the 3, but simply out of him having talent, I forgot what Austin's car number was and didn't immediately look for him.

WHen they both (Austin and Danica) get to Cup, it'll be a TV network's dream come true, think about it, they'll play the 'The #3 is baaaaaaaaaaack' angle, and the Danica angle constantly, I think the way races are covered is a joke personally.

As for ESPN, they need to get the F--K OVER DANICA. Does everything for them revolve around her or the big stars (Kyle, Tony for instance)? No, it does not. The Nationwide series is a second tier series, it's like having Jeter, A-Rod and Posada show up at a Yankees AAA game and the media focus on them for 8 1/2 innings, it is absolute BS. The pre-race intro also total BS with Brad getting argumentative, I wondered how staged it was and if Brad was going to say something he'd regret.

Post...84 there, thought I'd share my musings
Traffic Camera with speedway in sight: http://www.trafficland.com/city/DAB/camera/10084/

Weather looks a little shakey, but I think they'll get it in

I actually think SPEED did a great job covering the Duels on Thursday. Danica wasn't even really covered all the much until the crashed. Hopefully the bigger network and bigger race doesn't effect their production crew's view point on the "Great American Race" today
ESPN was godawful about it though, that and the #3 'feature' really, really grated with me to be honest as I said

EDIT: This comment irked me

Quote from 10andJoe :
"I think it's stupid when franchises "retire" numbers as if one man was bigger than the team and/or the franchise."

Gonna miss 1st hr
Well traditionally nothing happens until the last 1/4 of the race.

Edit: lots of raincoats and plenty of drizzles on the camera.
An1 got stream ?
It's delayed because of rain...
Im not home and wtf...
Update for those not watching:

They ran out of things to talk about (or, in other words, couldn't stand to talk about Danica anymore) and appear to have resorted to re-running last year's Coke Zero 400.

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG