The online racing simulator
I must say that the new track is much better than the old one, and it's better than the even older one too!

Good and tight side by side racing (though not as tight as anticipated thankfully). I hope it turns out for this weekend's races. I'm leaving for Bristol in the morning and I'm amped

5 sections to the T1 side of the start/finish line 21 rows up

I just hated them runnig against the wall. It was too fast and the inside was screwed if they were trying to pass. They just couldn't do it 99% of the time
After the Whelen and the Truck race, I didnt register any differences to the older version. Perhaps, NW and SC will show me the differences tonight and tomorrow.
Quote :NASCAR: Rear housing devices legal: NASCAR officials said mechanical devices the Hendrick Motorsports teams and other organizations in the Sprint Cup Series are using to gain a competitive advantage in the rear housing are legal -- today. "We watch it weekly because it has ramped up the last couple of months,'' series director John Darby said on Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway. "If it stays pretty level we'll probably leave it alone the rest of the year. "If there is a higher extreme somebody takes it to that could create issues we don't want to see, then we'll react to that.'' The HMS cars in May were the first this season to develop devices that allow the rear axle to turn slightly to follow the front, creating more speed particularly in the corners. "Where we're at today, right now, there is no illegal procedures going on,'' Darby said. "Obviously, there was one we found Tuesday that was questionable. But the mechanical devices, the way they're using them, there's a clear understanding of what the teams are doing.'' Darby said teams are using different methods to create a "hook and ladder fire truck effect that allows the rear axle to turn so the rear of the car follows the front.'' He said there's nothing in the current rulebook that doesn't allow that, but he didn't rule out that changing in 2013. "It's just a direct everybody has gone to maximize, optimize,'' Darby said. "Right now it's pretty level throughout the garage. If you take the most extreme to the least developed, it's not a huge difference.''(ESPN)(8-24-2012)

If you didn't already hear about it, it started (or at least was mentioned) on Jr's car at Michigan (when he won).
Justin plz
I'm not even a Trevor Bayne fan, but Austin Dillon had a screw loose tonight.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'm not even a Trevor Bayne fan, but Austin Dillon had a screw loose tonight.

Yea. He didnt look right . But final contact was baynes fault (and i like trevor)
If your gonna pinch the car on the bottom, you need to know if they are going middle or bottom line
Quote from Mustangman759 :If your gonna pinch the car on the bottom, you need to know if they are going middle or bottom line

I guess the earlier wreck was Allgairs fault as well because it was the same thing.

Oh wait no, Austin Dolan was just in way over his head
Jack plz its Bristol its never just one persons fault. Also jack plz u no amerakun stuck cer dwiver
Well now we know kenseth isnt going to stewart haas
Lol smoke means fire
Was a good race, grats to Vickers and Ambrose on great runs. Also Vickers and Kahne coming from laps down to top 10 finishes.
I had an excellent weekend in Bristol this weekend. A great Nationwide race and an exciting Sprint Cup race. Much better than last year.

The track raced alot like Darlington (my favorite track) this weekend in the cup race only with more room at the bottom to make a bons-eye move

I was rooting for Ambrose the whole race since Mark Martin wasn't in it

Impressive run by Vickers and throw by Stewart ... racing incident there... a little agressive for the lap I may add on both parts..
Yeah that's why I was so shocked Stewart and Kenseth crashed, seemed a little early to be racing like that but I loved how hard people were racing once that high line got worked in. I was honestly pretty disappointed the first 100 or so laps because no one could go anywhere even if they had a fast car, business really picked up later on though. The dive bombing and slide jobs were pretty awesome. Hated to see Tony crash but that helmet throw made my night. Overall, loved Bristol, can't wait to go back again.
Just a mock cover I have made for the new nascar game in regards to smoke throwing his helmet.

Edit: OH MY GOD THIS HAS A MUCH BIGGER RESOLUTION THAN I THOUGHT!!!!! I have decided to make it an attachment. :P
Attached images
tony helmet throw.jpg
Quote from UncleBenny :The dive bombing and slide jobs were pretty awesome. Hated to see Tony crash but that helmet throw made my night. Overall, loved Bristol, can't wait to go back again.

All of this
I'm not completely convinced the track is always going to race like that though, I want to see what happens to the top groove once it weathers a little bit.
Should be another degree off the middle and 2 degrees off the top. Also, what ever happened to the advertised 36 degree banking?
Also I just remembered, what the hell is up with all those praying mantises in the stands? Seemed like every spot we moved around to during the course of the weekend we saw at least one. Funniest thing was when one of my friends tried to stare one down, it started doing a little dance and then attacked him. Scared the crap out of him and everyone behind us was laughing.
Quote from UncleBenny :Also I just remembered, what the hell is up with all those praying mantises in the stands? Seemed like every spot we moved around to during the course of the weekend we saw at least one. Funniest thing was when one of my friends tried to stare one down, it started doing a little dance and then attacked him. Scared the crap out of him and everyone behind us was laughing.

Haha We encountered one after the Nationwide race and it was rather tame in the turn 1 grandstands .

If I remember right there was one on a TV broadcast one year after it had landed on a camera and stayed there. I hope nobody killed them, but they seem to be pretty common around BMS for some reason

I agree with you PMD, either that or grind the top grove a millimeter before every race
Just saw that on racehub lol

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG