The online racing simulator
Quote :2. Qualifying on time
NASCAR is kicking around the idea of qualifying the top 38 drivers on time and cutting the number of provisionals down to four plus one for former champions. With sponsors at a premium right now, it could be catastrophic to eliminate provisionals altogether, particularly when a driver missing a race could result in a benefactor pulling its support from the team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nasca ... ivers-must-win-now-072312

As much as I am for this, seems crazy to do this now when its already hard enough to find sponsors in the Cup series.
They should just leave it
Quote :Jim Utter @jim_utter
NEWS: AJ Allmendinger had been indefinitely suspended by #NASCAR after his B sample failed random drug test

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (July 24, 2012) – AJ Allmendinger, driver of the No. 22 car in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has been suspended indefinitely from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body’s substance abuse policy.

On July 24, Allmendinger was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (NASCAR’s substance abuse policy) of the 2012 NASCAR rule book.

As outlined in the rule book, NASCAR next will provide Allmendinger a letter outlining a process for reinstatement. By agreeing to the letter, he will be allowed to participate in the Road to Recovery Program.

Ouch.
Quote from PMD9409 :Ouch.

How the hell can you fail a drug test you've scheduled yourself?
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :How the hell can you fail a drug test you've scheduled yourself?

The 'B' drug test is done on the same sample that was originally taken for the 'A' drug test. It's not like you can just wait a couple of weeks and hope anything incriminating has already passed from your system. On the note of detection, though, it's interesting to note that they're still just using a urine test here, rather than something which is more reliable on a long-term basis (such as a urine sample in conjunction with a hair sample).
-
(Gougoodthing) DELETED by Gougoodthing : Mis-read your post.
Quote from PMD9409 :Ouch.

f'kin moron, there goes his career
anyways... Whos going to penske now? or will Hornish be able to perform well enough to obtain the ride next year?
Quote from Mustangman759 :f'kin moron, there goes his career
anyways... Whos going to penske now? or will Hornish be able to perform well enough to obtain the ride next year?

Hornish is already said to replace him for now. Parker also is Penske and they also just signed Ryan Blaney. They have more than enough fire power for now.
Quote from UncleBenny :New Camaro for the Nationwide series next year:

http://jalopnik.com/5929243/th ... ss-nascar-camaro-race-car

Impala probably should have been gone years ago, guess this is an upgrade but it obviously doesn't look like a Camaro at all.

Pretty sexy I must say.
Eh. The new Camaro looks ridiculous enough as it is on the street, looks even worse as a stock car. I'm really looking forward to the new Cup cars next year, they look so much sleeker than the new Nationwide cars, which still look like flying bricks.
Oh, I don't like the look of the Camaro at all (street or NASCAR), but I just think it is sexy they bring the real "look" of the car into the sport again.
Cup qualifying today at 2PM EST. Nationwide race coverage starts at 4PM. Brickyard 400 tomorrow at 1:15 (green flag)
Pretty good Nationwide race aside from Danica being Danica and the bs call on Sadler.
Well, Sadler clearly beat the leader to the Start/finish line on the restart and failed to give the position back. Rules are rules

Attendance: 40,000 for 250,000 grandstands Stupid idea to bring them to the speedway really. Tomorrow's attendance will likely be around 125,000 tops. With the Superbowl being in town earlier this year though, I expect that to be a little lower. I'd like to see them do away with the inside front grandstands... What kind of stupid idea was that to put them grand stands there anyways?

Also, once again, here we go with Marty Reid.. If I had 5$ for every stupid comment he makes on-air I'd buy a large share of ABC and get him fired from the NASCAR and IndyCar announcing on ABC!
Quote from Cornys :Well, Sadler clearly beat the leader to the Start/finish line on the restart and failed to give the position back. Rules are rules

He was being pushed by the car behind at the time though (as Sadler mentioned on the radio and the commentators agreed). The combination of the poor restart by the #22 and Sadler being pushed made it look like he jumped early. I liked the fact that it seemed as though Nascar were at least open to reviewing the incident (after Sadler told his engineer to ask for a review he said they were looking at it), but the decision to uphold the black flag seemed to be the wrong one. In some other categories (such as V8 Supercars) these type of penalties are handed out by "judges of fact" and can't be appealed, no matter how strong the evidence.

edit: Watch this replay. The interviews at the end of this make it seem like there's a hole in the rules that needs to be looked at.
Keselowski obviously spun his tires (perhaps because Hornish lifted his rears off the ground), and Sadler also got a push. It's completely ridiculous that he got called for jumping the restart, given those circumstances, if Kyle didn't get called for it on the race start.
NASCAR is so random with its jump start rulings, they let one go lat truck race for the leader spinning tires...
No matter why Sadler beat the 22 to the line he still could have given it back. NASCAR should have just told him to give the position back and withheld the black flag if he did. Regardless though, he did (by the rules) jump the restart and he never gave the advantage back.

Helton addressed the issue for the cup series drivers' meeting this morning in-part. He basically told them that they weren't to push on restarts prior to the start/finish line.

Thank god Reid isn't commentating on the Sprint Cup race today..
Pretty good race today
I actually thought it was one of the more boring races in quite some time.

BTW, I've never seen so many empty seats for a Brickyard 400.
I don't think it was a bad race, but Jimmie dominating so hard was kind of boring.

Indy has been talking about adding lights for a night Nascar race, wonder how much that would actually bump attendance up. I know we might try to make the trip if they went forward with that plan, I think a night race there would be cool.

In other news, Watkins Glen still doesn't have a sponsor for their race in 2 weeks. Sounds like they planned on repaving the track next year but now they're cancelling that because of the lack of sponsorship money from this year.
Quote from UncleBenny :I don't think it was a bad race, but Jimmie dominating so hard was kind of boring.

Indy has been talking about adding lights for a night Nascar race, wonder how much that would actually bump attendance up. I know we might try to make the trip if they went forward with that plan, I think a night race there would be cool.

In other news, Watkins Glen still doesn't have a sponsor for their race in 2 weeks. Sounds like they planned on repaving the track next year but now they're cancelling that because of the lack of sponsorship money from this year.

I'd go to Indy if it wasn't for those stupid grandstands in the inside of the front straight . They might get me to come out for a night race though anyways if I happened across the money to do so. The same applies for the Indy 500 too, but I wouldn't like to see it at night. It's a day race and should remain that way..

Attendance was listed at 125,000, so it was exactly half empty, which is about right if you count the people on the inside of the track

It really was a good race other than Jimmie dominating. That always makes for a boring race, but if he didn't win it would have been because of something stupid. That's just how racing is supposed to be. There was good racing further back in the pack. Nationwide series needs to go back to ORP though. That many empty stands just doesn't look good when they could fill up another track for a better race
Quote from UncleBenny :I don't think it was a bad race, but Jimmie dominating so hard was kind of boring.

The glen repaved would be killer, especially if the speeds increased
Quote from Mustangman759 :The glen repaved would be killer, especially if the speeds increased

I don't see why they wouldn't... when was it's last repave?

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG