The online racing simulator
I wish I had some pictures of the school bus we transformed and took across the country to watch all the races back in the late 90s. Need to ask my parents if they have some pics of it stashed away somewhere.
Kurt suspended again anyone shocked?
It's stupid.
Quote from PMD9409 :It's stupid.

Well, rules are rules. He did break them. They might have gone a little bit too far however . Kurt shouldn't have threatened a reporter... that's all there is to it.

Anyways, we had a wonderful time at Dover. Yeah, I don't like Johnson at all, but since it was my girlfriend's first live race and she's a fan of his I made an exception. Not that I was rooting for him by any means.

The wreck on lap 8 made me a little mad. The field of competitors was noticiably smaller following that, but that's just racing. Nothing you can do about that incident.

Excelent race to see in person. Any word as to why the motors expired in the number that they did?

Anyways, I had a great time, and I hope that you guys who are going to Pocono this weekend do as well
Quote from PMD9409 :It's stupid.

You don't think he should have gotten suspended?

His tirades were entertaining for a while but I'm quickly getting sick of him, I'm glad they parked him for a race. I wouldn't mind a bit if Finch fired him and he was out of the Cup series completely, he adds nothing good to the series at this point.
Quote from UncleBenny :You don't think he should have gotten suspended?

His tirades were entertaining for a while but I'm quickly getting sick of him, I'm glad they parked him for a race. I wouldn't mind a bit if Finch fired him and he was out of the Cup series completely, he adds nothing good to the series at this point.

Rumor had it that that Finch stated on XM radio he said that if Kurt didn't get him self together that he'd be rid of him. He was said to have been glad that Kurt would be on the side lines this week

I havn't heard it myself yet though, and a NASCAR.com commenter is my only source, so... it really doesn't hold any water.
I read something like that on Jayski, apparently Finch and Busch are going to sit down and have a meeting on Tuesday.

Quote :UPDATE 2: [#51 car owner James] Finch told ESPN.com he would meet with Busch over the next couple of days to discuss whether they would keep the handshake agreement they made before the season. He didn't sound like a man convinced the arrangement could or would work. "If he's going to kill himself, I'm not going to be in the airplane with him," Finch said by phone. "If that's what he's planning on doing, I am going to get out." Finch made it clear after Busch was released by Penske Racing following a profanity-laced tirade against ESPN's Dr. Jerry Punch at Homestead-Miami Speedway last November that if Busch embarrassed him like he did Roger Penske "he would have gotten his ass beat on pit road. He needs to simmer down a while," Finch told ESPN.com in December. "There are a lot of people that don't like Kurt. He's never done anything to me personally. He just needs to look in the mirror and see what the problem is." Now Busch has done something to Finch personally, even though the incident came while Busch was driving a Kyle Busch Motorsports Nationwide car for his little brother. Finch made it clear there are several qualified drivers to take over Phoenix Racing's #51 Chevy.(ESPN)(6-4-2012)

Quote :UPDATE 3: Phoenix Racing team owner James Finch said he will meet with Kurt Busch next Tuesday to discuss the embattled driver's future with the team. "We're going to meet the next week and have a come-to-Jesus meeting," Finch said Tuesday morning in an interview with SIRIUS/XM NASCAR Radio. At the time [Busch was hired by Finch], Finch said of the deal, "He (Busch) can't quit and I can't fire him." But that may be changing. "(Kurt) needs to either get his mind right or he's going to be working somewhere else," Finch told SIRIUS/XM. "... Quit wrecking cars. Be nice to people. That's not hard to do."(SPEED)(6-5-2012)

Quote from UncleBenny :I read something like that on Jayski, apparently Finch and Busch are going to sit down and have a meeting on Tuesday.

I guess the NASCAR.com commenter knew what he was talking about, because what he had wrote was almost exactly like that only shortened.

Larry Mac is right about what he said on Race Hub. You hate to see somebody with so much tallent just self-destruct like he is..
Quote from UncleBenny :You don't think he should have gotten suspended?

For what happened on Saturday? No. That isn't why they suspended him though, it was for all the stuff dating back to Homestead last year. Obviously the media want their story and they can't back off of him for 2 or 3 races, but if they did it would at least give the guy some time to think. The video shows when off-air with Justin that he was telling him that he can't do this stuff. He was trying his best not to step outside the box that NASCAR put him in. Obviously after he did go out of it.

Sure the guy needs to control himself, but it won't change over night with the current media torture. Maybe I just give him too much slack because I'd explode on a reporter too.
I don't think there's anything wrong with exploding on reporters. Adds some life to the sport; racing needs some of that 'rock star' personality in it again.

That being said, I just don't like the Buschs. Not because they're bad tempered, but more just because they're scrawny little guys with severe over-compensation issues and massive egos. There's some people that you just don't like.

Alonso. Bourdais. The Buschs...
Drivers are bound by contract to do post race interviews iirc
Quote from Mustangman759 :Drivers are bound by contract to do post race interviews iirc

Maybe he should get some PR coaching from Kimi, then.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Drivers are bound by contract to do post race interviews iirc

Actually, if I am not mistaken it is only required by the top 3 finishers in each race. This is a part of the entry into each NASCAR event for each driver. There may be a few exceptions and since a few years ago this might have been expanded into the top 5.

Following each race NASCAR holds a press conference with the top 3 finishing drivers and the winning crew chief, but beyond that I don't beleive that anybody is "required" to give interviews by NASCAR. Team and sponser contracts might require drivers to give interviews though of course.

Kurt can't find Cup funding still. This is why....
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Maybe he should get some PR coaching from Kimi, then.

Haha he is great at those, just gives yes or no answers alot of times

He was there to give one, therefore he gave one. What he said shouldn't go toward whether it is an interview or not. If so, Tony most of the time isn't being interviewed.
I would love to see Reutimann get a nice top 10 finish in that car this weekend.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend's race. I'm excited to see what the new pavement acts like and see how the drivers will tackle the tricky triangle.

As I've gotten more and more into pure racing I've gotten more and more excited for weekends such as Pocono, Indy, and road courses. I still love the excitment and difficulty that other tracks bring, but as I get older I'm even more able to enjoy long green flag runs and less close quartered racing.

It kills me that some NASCAR fans can't enjoy this kind of racing. It also kills me that some people feel the way that they do about NASCAR. They don't think it's even racing in some cases...

I guess I just don't understand some people's closed minded natures.
Quote from UncleBenny :I would love to see Reutimann get a nice top 10 finish in that car this weekend.

Doubt that will happen, he is not that great of a driver to tell the truth.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Doubt that will happen, he is not that great of a driver to tell the truth.

I'd like to see him get a top 20 FINISH. That would make me happy. A finish is what that car truly needs.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Doubt that will happen, he is not that great of a driver to tell the truth.

Got 2 wins for MWR during its building process. Gives him more credit than half the field out there.

WATCH OUT BOYS!
-
(Cornys) DELETED by Cornys : Wrong thread :x

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG