The online racing simulator
From what I've been told its just a Chevy Re badged G8 that will soon be the replacement.

Supposed to be on sale soon.
Commodore.

Same thing or?
Quote from PMD9409 :Commodore.

Same thing or?

The car being used in Sprint Cup next year is the Chevy SS. It's in the link I provided above on Foxsports (not the joke picture that I posted mind you. The article is correct).
No duh its the Chevy SS here in the states. I knew that.

It's just pulled from Australia and re-badged. I didn't know if it was the Commodore or G8 it was pulled from though.
It was from a commodore. I know that because it was built in the city I live in...
From what I've read the SS is supposed to be based on the long wheel base Commodore that the Chevy Caprice cop car is based on, G8 was the normal wheel base model. I've seen some good Chevy SS photoshops, too bad it probably will look much more boring than these when it actually comes out.

http://images.thetruthaboutcar ... 1/Chevy-G8-Caprice-SS.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets ... 04/Chevy-G8-Camaro-SS.jpg

Good for me this car is coming out here, I have a G8 and more access to replacement parts is always a good thing.
Wonder who is gonna get fan vote
Nice race between Allmendinger and McMurray.
Those intros sucked
Woooooh kasey so close!
Great racing all until the last 10 laps. Format was a bit silly this year.

Also props to Travis Pastrana for finishing 4th in the K&N race. Dude's learning fast.
Quote from PMD9409 :Great racing all until the last 10 laps. Format was a bit silly this year.

Personally I really liked it . It seemed that the raises side skirts made the cars a litte bit more on edge (in this case that's a very good thing ). I enjoyed the race until the all important last 10 laps.

This would be an excellent race for anybody who'd like to watch to get into NASCAR. Race was everything that I like about NASCAR and very little about it that I don't

Tonight's attendance: 132,000

Also, something very interesting for me was here: http://www.nascar.com/news/120 ... tate-of-nascar/index.html

Obviously the aero changes that we saw this week are a result of the R&D Center changes mentioned. It also excites me that the 2013 cars will be a whole new car that NASCAR has put this mind into in order to make the racing exciting. Of course, I've only seen their 2nd action (the first being the removal of the tandem racing)
Nice showing from Ambrose!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Nice showing from Ambrose!

Yes indeed! . I'm always silently pulling for him to finish well .

I beleive that the All-Star race fits his agressive driving style, but I do hope he does well in the Coke 600 next week
Quote from Cornys :Yes indeed! . I'm always silently pulling for him to finish well .

I beleive that the All-Star race fits his agressive driving style, but I do hope he does well in the Coke 600 next week

Ambrose definitely needs another win. He deserves one. Only another 5 weeks away from the first road course race at Sonoma.

I'll be rooting for Aston Martin next season!

trololololol
Irony is Ford used to own Aston lol, who knows maybe Zagato designed it anyway. Still. Looks SO ****in good!
Quote from PMD9409 :Great racing all until the last 10 laps. Format was a bit silly this year.

Also props to Travis Pastrana for finishing 4th in the K&N race. Dude's learning fast.

I agree with both. NASCAR knows how to mess up the best race of the year excluding the Daytona 500.
Thats a sexy ford <3
Quote from www.v8supercars.com.au :Commodore Heads Back To The US

HOLDEN has announced a new export program, with the yet-to-be-launched VF Commodore to be exported to North America late next year as the new Chevrolet SS production sedan.

The new deal will see the same basis of car used by Holden in V8 Supercar racing in Australia as well as forming the core of Chevrolet’s next NASCAR Sprint Cup car that will debut at the 2013 Daytona 500.

That raises the possibility that the same style of car could win next year’s Daytona classic as well as Australia’s classic race – the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

Holden Motorsport boss Simon McNamara was quoted last week that the company was still working on whether the new VF model would appear in V8 Supercars as part of the Car of the Future-spec Commodore roll-out at the beginning of next season.

This would place it prior to the launch of the road-going vehicle, with the alternative that it be introduced midway through next year’s V8 Supercars Championship post-public launch to replace the current VE II model.

Mark Reuss, GM President of North America and former Holden Managing Director, said the news was great for all-round for GM.

“I am delighted to say that Chevrolet will deliver a true rear-wheel-drive NASCAR racecar in the SS that very closely links the performance sedan that will be available for sale,” Reuss said.

“The Chevrolet SS is a great example of how GM is able to leverage its global product portfolio to deliver a unique performance experience that extends well beyond the track and I am personally looking forward to driving it.”

V8 Supercars will make its debut in the United States next year when the V8 Supercars Championship holds a points-paying event at the new Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.

2013 Toyota Camry:

Is that basically the same, just with different stickers?
the front end is different, more narrow and triangleish
blt in usa my ass
The cars in general are all different, but some things have been "altered" in order to level out the downforce.
Quote from PMD9409 :The cars in general are all different, but some things have been "altered" in order to level out the downforce.

As it should be .

Am I the only person who (after seeing all of the cars for 2013) absolutly loves this move on behalf of NASCAR? I can't wait to see them on the track an in competition!

Tandem racing has been made much more difficult with these models as well. The front bumpers are more round than the current car (or am I seeing it incorrectly?)

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG