The online racing simulator
I don't think Laguna Seca would be best suited for NASCAR but that's just my opinion. Watkins Glen, Montréal, Road America should be the 3 that are looked at for cup series and NWS calenders, Sonoma is poor as a road track, not many passing opportunities in any car never mind something that weighs 50 tonnes.
Keslowski thinks dingers nascar career is done even if he does get unsuspended. Just a bit harsh, but could be a sign that dinger will need to find a new ride now if Keslowski doesnt see a future with him
Today's race was one of the most boring races that I've ever seen.

Should have been caution free other than the one Johnson complained (or didn't complain... lol) about. There wasn't a single pass for the lead really that I can remember that wasn't expected due to tire wear or pit stratagy.

Oh well. Indy is the next race in 2 weeks, and thank god TNT is done
TNT and Goodyear, expect nothing more than a boring race.
Quote from PMD9409 :TNT and Goodyear, expect nothing more than a boring race.

Never seen a non-goodyear era NASCAR race that I can remember, but TNT I will agree with you on
Should have put post mid-2000s to make it obvious I guess.

Thankfully any awful coverage can be prevented if you just take action yourself. Have live timing up, have RaceBuddy on, have a European livestream on so there aren't commercials. And guess what, it's all free (except I believe RaceBuddy is out for like 8 races).
Quote from PMD9409 :(except I believe RaceBuddy is out for like 8 races).

Yeah, until the chase I beleive it is .
The fact that he actually did that on purpose because they were the only ones standing back there makes it even better. If that was me and my friends and he did that, we would have lost it.

Quote :Brad Keselowski ‏@keselowski
I saw them there & thought "wth"? @MCGarand: @Keselowski Did you really do that burnout for the 3 guys that recorded that?

Sports legues including NASCAR and IndyCar sent the Speaker of the House a letter requesting that sports legues and team continue to receive military funding.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120 ... ervene-on-bill/index.html

If it's not a good recruiting tool (which I'm sure it is at least in the way of getting the idea out there to people anyways), it could even be a moral booster for those in those branches of the military
The army is supposedly still going to be recruiting at the race track, just not sponsoring a car. Supposedly the National Gaurd isn't planning on leaving Dale Jr or JR Hildenbrand as they say it's a great recruiting tool and isn't that much of a spending problem.

I thought it was silly to pull out, but oh well.
The Army is still sponsoring an NHRA team too. Probably just getting too pricey to stay in Cup these days.
Quote from UncleBenny :The Army is still sponsoring an NHRA team too. Probably just getting too pricey to stay in Cup these days.

It was either 11 or 18 million they were spending for Ryan and the rest of the stuff they do in Cup. I could see why NHRA would be cheaper.

Quote from Cornys :Also, Bob Osbourn is out as crew cheif to Carl Edwards effective immedietly due to "health issues". Chad Norris will take his place.

Interesting that Edwards has had a sub-par performance this year and then this happens.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120 ... -as-crew-chief/index.html

I blame Carl as always. He at least should know that the only thing that will help him is Chuck Norris, and not Chad.
Quote from PMD9409 :I blame Carl as always. He at least should know that the only thing that will help him is Chuck Norris, and not Chad.

Maybe the Norris name will help him just a little . Maybe he thinks Chad is Chuck... somebody needs to go tell him that..

Actually, on second thought, maybe we should just watch him fail
Quote from UncleBenny :The fact that he actually did that on purpose because they were the only ones standing back there makes it even better. If that was me and my friends and he did that, we would have lost it.

It is pretty epic for that, nice touch for him to do it.
Dinger drug test on the 24th
Quote :Penske Racing announced that Ryan Blaney has joined the organization and he will compete in the #22 Dodge in selected NASCAR Nationwide Series events over the balance of the 2012 season. Blaney, the 18-year-old son of current Sprint Cup Series driver Dave Blaney, will make his Penske Racing debut in the #22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in the Nationwide Series race at Iowa Speedway on Saturday, August 4th. Blaney will also drive for the team in at least two other races this season. He will race the #22 Snap-on Dodge at Richmond and he'll drive the #22 Discount Tire Dodge at Kentucky. "Ryan is a driver with a great racing pedigree and we believe he has a very bright future in NASCAR," said Tim Cindric, President of Penske Racing. "We've been keeping an eye on Ryan's development and we feel he'll be a great addition to the #22 Nationwide Series team."

That's good, because I really like this kid.

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG