The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :Well it could end up like when the dodge had the big front end compared to the rest of the cars. It was said the front aero was much different because of this, mainly on restrict or plate tracks.

Trust me i love the direction taken, just hope it isn't used as an excuse.

NASCAR has stated that they are going to assure their downforce and drag are almost identical on all of the vehicles. (Read that a little while back)

do like
But kind of ironic, because NASCAR isn't what comes into my mind when thinking about "Eco"
So I'm pretty much the only one here who loves the looks of that, I take it? Hate the original production car, but I like that.

It will look better once it's stickered up. They always do. Pretty much every car looks like shit in plain white.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :So I'm pretty much the only one here who loves the looks of that, I take it? Hate the original production car, but I like that.

It will look better once it's stickered up. They always do. Pretty much every car looks like shit in plain white.

grille is to wide from bottom to top to fit the look of the lights imo
You won't even notice it in a year. Recent cars seem to have been moving towards larger grille areas, your eyes and design sense will likely adjust in time.

See: new Dodge Dart, new Focus, Chevy sonic, Buick Regal
#83 - JJ72
what....I think the production car looks good.
Quote from JJ72 :what....I think the production car looks good.

I have an irrational hatred of large sedans. They just feel bloated, no matter what designers do. I seriously can't think of a single one that I like
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :So I'm pretty much the only one here who loves the looks of that, I take it? Hate the original production car, but I like that.

I like the general shape of it the more I look at it, but I still think its ugly because of that grill. The lines, stance, wider fenders, I love all of that and think its a huge improvement over the current car. The front just kills it for me, but it looks like the production car like its supposed to so that isn't surprising. I don't like the look of the current production Impala that much either so I'm interested to see how the Chevy version looks. I think Dodge will probably have the best looking car next year if they keep it close enough to the current Charger.
Looks way better without the grill decals on the front haha.
Quote from UncleBenny :Looks way better without the grill decals on the front haha.

I agree. I love the shape, but hate the grill decal the more that I look at it
Every time I see another one of these cars with enormous grill openings, this is all I can think of:

Quote from UncleBenny :Every time I see another one of these cars with enormous grill openings, this is all I can think of:

Exactly how it looks in my mind too.. lol. It might be different if the grill opening wasn't just a sticker too
I find it sweet looking, very slick.

You Americans got weird tastes...
Quote from GianniC :I find it sweet looking, very slick.

You Americans got weird tastes...

I like it... without the big, fake grill opening. I'm quite pleased with the new car
Quote from Cornys :I like it... without the big, fake grill opening. I'm quite pleased with the new car

yes same here. the sticker itself looks like crap... if it was designed differently probably fine.
Anyways. NASCAR why you change the car every damn year?
why cant they design a car with a real & funtional grill?
Quote from el pibe :why cant they design a car with a real & funtional grill?

Downforce. The teams would just plaster tape over the whole grill if they did have a functional grill
Any other cars to sneak watch yet?
Quote from Cornys :Downforce. The teams would just plaster tape over the whole grill if they did have a functional grill

It also adds drag.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :It also adds drag.

actually the more tape the less drag, but then the engine overheats if it is has too much tape.
I am assuming you were talking about the tape adding more drag, probably wrong though when I initially read it
He is talking about the big grill opening causing drag, and then you are saying how to fix that.
Quote from Dennis93 :Any other cars to sneak watch yet?

No, none that I'm aware of anyways.

In other news: The NASCAR Fantasy League that we had running last year begins registration at some time tomorrow (Feb. 1st).

Would we have 10 people willing to do it once again? I rather enjoyed it last year

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG