The online racing simulator
I'm waiting to see how wreck filled the Duels are. My guess, very.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I'm waiting to see how wreck filled the Duels are. My guess, very.

That'll be a shame... it becomes a total crap shoot for the guys not in the top 35, rather than based on their actual speed I think that's silly.
Oh and Shootout having changes for next year. No title sponsor as yet....and they go back to the old format

EDIT:

Quote from NASCAR.com :
Shootout eligibility returns to its roots for 2013
Pole winners from 2012 and past event winners will make the fiield next year

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR released Sunday the eligibility requirements for the 2013 Shootout at Daytona, an announcement that signals a return to the fan-favorite preseason event's roots.

Next season's field will consist of 2012 Coors Light Pole winners and past Shootout winners who have attempted to qualify for at least one race during the 2012 season.

Eligibility rules for next season's annual non-points race mirror those from 1979-2008, and puts greater emphasis on each weekend's Sprint Cup Series qualifying session.

"Fans have expressed their desire to see this event return to its original eligibility rules," said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR senior vice president of racing operations. "We listened and decided it would be best to return to the eligibility rules of years past, adding further meaning to pole qualifying for each Sprint Cup race."

This announcement comes prior to 2012's first qualifying session, adding intrigue to an already important event. Today's fastest qualifier, in addition to winning the pole for next Sunday's 54th annual Daytona 500, will also earn a spot in next year's Shootout. Two Daytona 500 starting positions will be locked in after today's qualifying session. The fastest two cars in qualifying will sit on the front row for The Great American Race.

Saturday night, Kyle Busch won his first Shootout at Daytona, locking up a spot in next year's field. Busch passed defending series champion Tony Stewart in the tri-oval, edging the three-time titlist by a margin of victory of .013 seconds -- the closest in Shootout history.

Last season, 18 different drivers won a pole.

Quote from BlueFlame :It's possible on both.

Well yes, nearly anything is savable in iRacing currently, and I am pretty sure we seen last night it is possible in real life.

That's not the point. The point is, that's not as easy as you may think. There has been other times where the banking has helped, but that isn't one of them. Jeff Gordon last year in bud shootout. He scrubbed off so much speed the banking did change how the behaved, however since he was much slower the save was special, but nothing like last night. 2008 Daytona, Eric McClure. Ridiculous save on his part, but once he got on the banking his speed was already much slower. He also couldn't continue.

Kyle at one point had all four on the apron when out of shape, he also didn't shave off nearly any speed in the first incident. We can analyze for a week on it, but he had a millisecond to react. Many first reactions are to turn right. Have fun with that, you will end up like Michael McDowell, dale, or Neil bonnet. He isn't turning hard left either, but he is turning left. The force of a 3400 pound car slamming the banking and apron back and forth doesn't make it easy on your steering inputs either.

Its just not your normal save, much like Earnhardt 's pass in the grass, it is very unique and quite hard to do at those speeds and not lose much speed in the process. General driving on super speedways by yourself takes no skill besides being smooth. Being in those packs takes quite a bit of skill, most of it being situational awareness. However being able to save something like that takes skill we will only see from a small amount of people in our lifetime.

Oh and sorry if it doesn't read good, I'm driving and typing on my phone.
God I love the combination of Trevor Bayne and the Wood Brothers.
Quote from Gougoodthing :I have never seen as much in a race as tonight.. :/

You're right, there were way more sparks last night than I've ever seen before. I think its the lower rear end, you can see them shooting out of the back of the car when Kyle Busch got sideways.

After last night I'm even more excited for the 500 next week, that's the kind of plate racing I missed.
... if that really is the new shape...
Quote from PMD9409 :Well yes, nearly anything is savable in iRacing currently, and I am pretty sure we seen last night it is possible in real life.

That's not the point. The point is, that's not as easy as you may think. There has been other times where the banking has helped, but that isn't one of them. Jeff Gordon last year in bud shootout. He scrubbed off so much speed the banking did change how the behaved, however since he was much slower the save was special, but nothing like last night. 2008 Daytona, Eric McClure. Ridiculous save on his part, but once he got on the banking his speed was already much slower. He also couldn't continue.

Kyle at one point had all four on the apron when out of shape, he also didn't shave off nearly any speed in the first incident. We can analyze for a week on it, but he had a millisecond to react. Many first reactions are to turn right. Have fun with that, you will end up like Michael McDowell, dale, or Neil bonnet. He isn't turning hard left either, but he is turning left. The force of a 3400 pound car slamming the banking and apron back and forth doesn't make it easy on your steering inputs either.

Its just not your normal save, much like Earnhardt 's pass in the grass, it is very unique and quite hard to do at those speeds and not lose much speed in the process. General driving on super speedways by yourself takes no skill besides being smooth. Being in those packs takes quite a bit of skill, most of it being situational awareness. However being able to save something like that takes skill we will only see from a small amount of people in our lifetime.

Oh and sorry if it doesn't read good, I'm driving and typing on my phone.

All you need to do is hold the clutch pedal down if opposite lock isn't enough. Besides he was probably expecting Gordon to wreck him, he was blocking all up and down the track and he positioned his left rear corner infront of him.
Quote from BlueFlame :All you need to do is hold the clutch pedal down if opposite lock isn't enough. Besides he was probably expecting Gordon to wreck him, he was blocking all up and down the track and he positioned his left rear corner infront of him.

You still aren't understanding.

You can't opposite lock in those situations with the change in banking. It isn't a simple drift, its a 3400 pound car changing pitch by 30 degrees multiple times.

As far as blocking, I see low-lining, not blocking. Jeff was just upset because he couldn't get Johnson free to push him around Kyle. Johnson was stuck on the bottom and couldn't make a move with Jeff because of that, knowing that Kyle can just low-line. You can see Jeff getting frustrated a lap before it even happened. Coming off T2 he nearly spins Kyle there, and is constantly pushing him in the LR. Kyle didn't place his LR in front of Jeff's front bumper, Jeff placed his front bumper on the back of Kyle's many times trying to move him out of his own frustration. Kyle was able to hold on until Jeff pushed him up on entry, then pushed his LR center of corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... FX6lU&feature=related

Only video I can find with the racing before the accident. Even Gordon fans are saying it was his fault, and they are normally some heavy duty lickers.
Quote from PMD9409 :You still aren't understanding.

You can't opposite lock in those situations with the change in banking. It isn't a simple drift, its a 3400 pound car changing pitch by 30 degrees multiple times.

As far as blocking, I see low-lining, not blocking. Jeff was just upset because he couldn't get Johnson free to push him around Kyle. Johnson was stuck on the bottom and couldn't make a move with Jeff because of that, knowing that Kyle can just low-line. You can see Jeff getting frustrated a lap before it even happened. Coming off T2 he nearly spins Kyle there, and is constantly pushing him in the LR. Kyle didn't place his LR in front of Jeff's front bumper, Jeff placed his front bumper on the back of Kyle's many times trying to move him out of his own frustration. Kyle was able to hold on until Jeff pushed him up on entry, then pushed his LR center of corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... FX6lU&feature=related

Only video I can find with the racing before the accident. Even Gordon fans are saying it was his fault, and they are normally some heavy duty lickers.

You'll see other NASCAR drivers doing it after this. People go on like Kyle Busch is a wunderkind or something but his skills are no less limited than any other driver out there.
IMO....

The Jeff/Kyle thing is a product of the racing, Jeff wanted to move Kyle to get the position, he went and nudged him to move him, Kyle spun.

Oh and that new 2013 Dodge looks pretty amazing
Quote from BlueFlame :You'll see other NASCAR drivers doing it after this. People go on like Kyle Busch is a wunderkind or something but his skills are no less limited than any other driver out there.

Why do you even bother posting in this thread when its pretty obvious that you hate NASCAR based on every single one of your posts having to say something negative about it? I don't get it.

New Dodge looks pretty good, I want to see more of the front end but based on the street cars, I had a feeling they would have the best looking 2013 Cup car.
-
(Cornys) DELETED by Cornys : never mind
I love how nascar.com fantasty league has kahne in the #4 japcrap and aj in the 43 still
Quote from Mustangman759 :I love how nascar.com fantasty league has kahne in the #4 japcrap and aj in the 43 still

Yeah.. I hope they'll update that soon, but I guess we'll find out
Quote from BlueFlame :You'll see other NASCAR drivers doing it after this. People go on like Kyle Busch is a wunderkind or something but his skills are no less limited than any other driver out there.

You're letting his personality rule you, just saying.
Quote from PMD9409 :You're letting his personality rule you, just saying.

well he is Kyle Doush after all
I'll take a PoS personality over none at all anyday. His personality doesn't diminish his ability to wheel a car, and it would only be childish to think so.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'll take a PoS personality over none at all anyday. His personality doesn't diminish his ability to wheel a car, and it would only be childish to think so.

As a matter of fact, it does - e.g. Kurt last year - but I agree with you. Seeing Smoke and yle go at it is much more fun that watching Jimmie Johnson comatose his way into the Chase and win the last couple races.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'll take a PoS personality over none at all anyday. His personality doesn't diminish his ability to wheel a car, and it would only be childish to think so.

I normally don't mind if a driver likes to make things exciting at least semi-within the rules.

But I doubt I will never forgive him for what he did to Hornaday in the trucks. Straight wrecking a championship contender under yellow isn't adding entertainment value, it's just sad.

I admit he's a very talented driver, but I will glory in every time he fails or gets punted from now on.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I'm waiting to see how wreck filled the Duels are. My guess, very.

I'm not thinking so. The duels are typically very calm, and the shootout is typically high attrition. Only 12 cars finished on the lead lap in last year's Shootout, and 10 did this year. It wasn't bad really, there were just 3 decent sized wrecks in this one was all.

Shooutout was no points in cars which were'nt mean to do anything the rest of this week or year. Caution was thrown to the wind and the draft was very inexperianced. That'll change for the duels and the 500 (at least until the end)

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG