The online racing simulator
Quote from Dennis93 :It's basically a bandanna, also seen in Formula in the 70's, just to protect the neck from various stuff.. also if it wind breathes on the neck for too long, you might catch a cold.

That's what I thought, but I found it a bit odd considering the relatively low speed of Martinsville and I never noticed it before.
Man i hope Ambrose makes the chase this year he deserves it.
not have jeff is killing us in fantasy
Clint Bowyer is a retard
Quote from Gougoodthing :http://www.nascar.com/video/no ... cup-mar-google/index.html

Not sure if trolling......

It's not racing in the Sprint Cup series, it's a forming series. Something entirely new (and an April fools day joke by the way )

Exciting race today without revenge wrecking at all thankfully . Won't spoil the finish for you guys who might watch a stream but the end was pretty exciting. Wound up being a stupid move by Bowyer, but it happens at a track like Martinsville
Quote from Kid222 :Probably watched Plato early today.

LOL yes, it's like a carbon copy of that.
Quote from Kid222 :Probably watched Plato early today.

BTCC? I'm courious of the reference

Anyways, ratings should be up this week despite a disappointling crowd (under 70,000 today). Really the crowds this year have been lacking since Vegas. Texas is nearly sold out for the night race in 2 weeks though, so that should be a good sight .

I had a random thought today, and I was courious about what you guys would think about it: Building a NASCAR and F1 track on the same tract of land.

Run the events on the same weekend and build say 200,000 grandstand seats (Yes, like at a NASCAR race fans could see all of the action which occurs on the track in this case, only for an F1 event). Obviously the NASCAR track would have to be a Super Speedway (maybe like a 1.75 mile high bank) Of course F1 could not use the banked portions of the track which could be acheived by making an extra large apron on the inside of the oval and the F1 course would need to expand outside of the oval track on say the back straightaway to accomodate garages, pitroads, camping, ect. Large grandstands accomodating both crowds for a 2 day event NASCAR Saturday Night (7:30 PM EST), F1 Sunday Morning (11 AM EST) after a track shift over night. Location would be a tough thing to decide though.

What would hinder such an event from happening other than finance, and would it be a good thing for both series'? Thoughts, comments, ect?
Or just take NASCAR to Austin.

Chances of that happening: .001%

And yes, BTCC reference, seen here.
Quote from PMD9409 :Or just take NASCAR to Austin.

I think NASCAR at Austin would be a good thing.
Adding it to the Chase with F1 on the same weekend would lead to many many viewers.

I'm not saying it is a bad idea to put them together for a weekend, just saying it is very unlikely to happen.
Quote from PMD9409 : just saying it is very unlikely to happen.

Indeed, it's a shame really. It would bring F1 and NASCAR closer together and give NASCAR and F1 fans a chance to learn of the other sport.
Bowyer wtf. Crashing my 3 fave drivers. Anyone find it suspicious the 10 car caused a yellow and newman got the wave around (his teammate btw) yeah i thought so
Quote from Bmxtwins :Bowyer wtf. Crashing my 3 fave drivers. Anyone find it suspicious the 10 car caused a yellow and newman got the wave around (his teammate btw) yeah i thought so

First off, the 10 is Tommy Baldwin Racing, not SHR (it is only SHR when Danica is in it). David's engine let go going into T3 and missed pit entry. There's nothing he could do. Finally, Newman was running 6th and on the lead lap before the caution came out.

Also, Bowyer isn't allowed to go for the win? It isn't his fault that your two favorite drivers decided to turn in like he wasn't even there. He had his whole car there. Newman was just the smart one to get the 3 cars in that situation and ended up winning because of it. It's not always about having the fastest car, you have to use your brain too. I wanted it to go green the rest of the way and see what happened with the two Hendrick cars, but they brought the misfortune of the GWC incident upon themselves. When you are on 100+ lap old tires, and you try to act like there isn't another car inside at T1, you know you just messed up. They have all the right to be mad because they didn't get their finishes that they deserved, but that doesn't mean it was somebody elses fault.
Quote from PMD9409 :
Also, Bowyer isn't allowed to go for the win? It isn't his fault that your two favorite drivers decided to turn in like he wasn't even there.

You but you can't just ram it three wide on a restart because there WILL be a wreck.
Bowyer's move was legit, IMO. If you have a chance for the lead with 2 laps to go, you better damn well take it. Rubbin's racing, especially at Martinsville. Gordon and Johnson's spotters should have been more on the ball.
Quote from PMD9409 :Or just take NASCAR to Austin.

Quote from BlueFlame :I think NASCAR at Austin would be a good thing.

When V8Supercars were announced to race in Austin beginning in 2013, NASCAR confirmed that they are also in negotiations with the Austin track owners.
Quote from BlueFlame :You but you can't just ram it three wide on a restart because there WILL be a wreck.

That's the thing, he didn't ram it 3 wide. His whole car was on the inside before they even got to the inside of the corner. If you listen to the incar radios you can clearly tell that the spotters were too late in saying it was 3 wide. The drivers turned in as if Bowyer wasn't there. He stuck it on the inside curb and only came off of it to save his car as it was sideways after the contact up top.

If it was the top cars giving room to Bowyer and then Bowyer sliding up into them causing a massive crash, then yes, all Bowyer's fault. However that wasn't the case. He stuck it on the inside and had his whole car there before they even got to the inside curb. He didn't even have time to run up into the cars above him because they were already turned down into him. Can't really fault him for that.

@Thilo, that was together with V8, not F1. There's also GrandAm and (maybe) ALMS to make an appearance. Since NASCAR owns GrandAm, they are most likely the two that will form for the weekend, while V8 and F1 get their weekend.
I just think 3 wide anywhere is asking for trouble.
They did it earlier in the race without a problem, just poor awareness gave this result.
Quote from PMD9409 :Also, Bowyer isn't allowed to go for the win? It isn't his fault that your two favorite drivers decided to turn in like he wasn't even there. He had his whole car there. Newman was just the smart one to get the 3 cars in that situation and ended up winning because of it. It's not always about having the fastest car, you have to use your brain too.

The most telling replay was the one from Johnson's camera with his channel audio. (View youtube video at 3:40)

That's alot of help
Quote from Bmxtwins :Bowyer wtf. Crashing my 3 fave drivers.

Your 3 favorite drivers are Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon and Junior? How very brave of you
To say that crash was Newman's fault at all is ridiculous, Newman was off his bumper and Bowyer was still accelerating into the corner before any of the crashing started. He had plenty of time to slow down if that's what he wanted to do. Plus, Newman moved to the inside first before Bowyer jumped out in front of him. The dive bomb by Bowyer probably wasn't the wisest move, but Johnson and Gordon gave him no room either. You might be able to go 3 wide at Martinsville, but you definitely can't go three wide and all be on the concrete, no room for that.

I couldn't have been happier with that crash. Didn't want to see Gordon or Johnson win and Bowyer taking himself out too was just icing on the cake.
I have to admit I loled a bit when the Jimny and Geordie spun/wrecke out.

Was good race to watch imho. What has happened to the "mechanic guy" who had that spare car there and showed what each piece of the car does? Now there is this loud hotdog loving guy with giant ipad...

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG