The online racing simulator
Cleanup : Spam
(694 posts, closed, started )
Is "thanks" considered Off-optic? If not, thanks
Mini patch! ^_^
Does this include admin only /clear?
no read the changelog...
Yes, well at least I couldn't do /clear when I tested.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Does this include admin only /clear?

Release notes are there for a reason........

Quote from Scawen :Other changes :

Race setup screen /clear command can now only be used by admins

Quote from Scawen :NOTE : THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN NEW TYRE PHYSICS / VW SCIROCCO / ROCKINGHAM

Yeah, finally after 3 year a good different news !

:talktohan:talktohan:talktohan
Is it possible to add more players at track in one time at Autocross? 16 players is sometimes not enough...
-
A little suggestion for the next version... (nacim) DELETED by nacim
Quote from nacim :
Can you add IPv6 compatibility for the next patch please ? Thanks.

and tyre physics test patch for people with IPv6 adress /troll

Anyway, it would be great, if LFS master server supports IPv6 it would be no problem. But running it alongside with IP4 is a bit different story... i think
cargame.nl:

!WARNING, long text if it s too long, read only the last line!
IPv6 is definetly a next evolution step that has to be taken (like moving from 32bit to 64 bit PC´s and operating systems).
In next few years, amount of machines connected to the Internet will grow damn fast, so the most important thing is bigger adressing space... much bigger than now.
Also, file sharing options will grow, imagine that you could send any file anytime to any PC in the world. no skype or public file sharing service is needed because all adresses could be static.

I understand that Ip6 may mean nothing interesting for you but for more technical people it will make some things easier
Quote from cargame.nl :
You guys forgot to motivate your request. IPv6, talked about for over 10 years but lack of implementation is still there today. Why waste time with something almost nobody is going to make use of?

IPv6 has been supported on all major platforms for a very long time (Linux has it implemented since 1999). With the RIPE NCC completely dry ISPs will not be able to give new customers public IPv4 addresses. This already is the case in CZE where Telefónica O2 assigns a public /64 v6 block and a NAT'ed v4 to every customer who signed up after 1. 7. 2012. IPv6 is a necessity and the sooner LFS get IPv6 compliant, the more time there will be to debug it before it becomes a worldwide standard.

I think it could be a good topic for another interim patch before the new tyre physics is done.
I think you should of forced the update on players like the old one 0.6b (Via host selection screen), ever since ive updated every server has been empty even the most popular ones...you hardly ever see at-least 5members just on one server because their empty.
Quote from LFSMasterMan :I think you should of forced the update on players like the old one 0.6b (Via host selection screen), ever since ive updated every server has been empty even the most popular ones...you hardly ever see at-least 5members just on one server because their empty.

its a test patch -.-

only this happens for official patches
Quote from Bigbob1993 :
I understand that Ip6 may mean nothing interesting for you but for more technical people it will make some things easier

Gosh, I consider myself a techy person but I'm massively unkeen for Scawen to spend time on ipv6 any time soon.

What's the most important thing that would get easier for you if LFS supported ipv6?
I have done networking only in Python but IPv6 doesnt seem to be a huge pile of work. World is slowly moving to IPv6 and LFS should not stay behind.
It wouldnt mean anything good for me personaly but im tired of endless NATing that sometimes may bring unstability to the network. Please, google some info about IPv6(im writing IPv6 so much today ) to understand.
There is none but didn't want to continue the discussion. Every three, four years something is hyped in the IT sector, first we had the millennium bug twelve years ago (made serious money with that, thanks), then we got cloud and VPS computing and now IPv6 turns up everywhere again. Then people start to talk like the media is talking but have no clue what they actually are repeating.

You have to wonder if LFS is still around when the time is there that IPv6 is going to be a serious issue.

Now, can we focus on testing this patch? I'm personally waiting on this, not some hype integration.

Quote from Bigbob1993 : Please, google some info about IPv6 to understand.

Done years ago already but thanks.

i put the new patch on 0.6b8 but now i cant see any other old servers that i used to join, how can i see all the servers with different versions? i tried to join specific host but i got an error (different game code)
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Spam
(694 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG