The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Yes Magorik.

You can add a line ff=80 (or whatever number) into the CAR.lfs scripts in the data\scripts folder.

i was thinking about slider in "steering" below wheel turns in car setup but if there is another way i try it :-)
i am not script guru :-) but you got point i just got scared :-)) and jumps over gazilions of commands :-)

thanks for reminding me, is there a track ir tutorial somewhere? i hear you can use a webcam as one, but i havent had the time to set it up yet!
Awesome feature guys this is somthing i've been looking for for a long time as an autocross lover, but when you get this fully ready for public i hope you guys make some kinda preview video explaining what it is because I have a hard time explaining it to people whilst trying to sell LFS on them haha.
Hi People, hi Scawen,

I can not reach the master server any more. This happens since yesterday at about 7PM UTC. I did not install any new patch before, I was online at victors autoxtest server. I am currently running patch U15, which I installed a few hours after it came out. LfS tells me that I am either not logged in to the internet (well... that can't be, can it?) or my firewall does not allow LfS to access the internet. It worked all well before, and I did not change anything in my firewall's preferences. After LfS could not connect to the master server, I removed all lfs entries from the firewall and then clicked "allow" when it told me that LfS wants to access the internet (I am currently using the latest Zone Alarm free version). The third possible reason LfS tells me is that the master server itself is offline - this can not be because then the "Racers and Hosts online" list at LfSW should not work.

Does anybody have an idea on how I can get my LfS back online?

EDIT: it has nothing to do with the firewall. I reinstalled both LFS and the firewall and it still does not work - I can't even unlock Live for Speed (tried with both firewall active and deactivated), and I am running windows XP.

EDIT 2: after restarting the firewall and changing a line in the LFS config it worked... "Port 80 0" is the line that I changed, to "Port 813 0"... doh... I am running an apache webserver on port 80 since yesterday.
try disabling (shutting down) the firewall.
should be posted in the technical assistance forum btw
In the new marshall mode the left and right use the same strings as the driver positions, but in Estonian, it isn't 100% correct, I can put in a little bit better word for them both, but still... It isn't RIGHT.

So, would it be hard to add new string for it?

EDIT: Here is updated Autocross_Estonian, commands_estonian coming soon.
Attached files
Autocross_Eesti.txt - 2.8 KB - 212 views
Working on a Russian translation of command.txt. Here is the updated Autocross_Russian.txt
Attached files
Autocross_Russian.txt - 5.3 KB - 269 views
Update for Autocross_Serbian.txt

RGDS
Thanks for the translations. I have got them for the next patch. I won't get them again from the same posts - so if you do any more upates, please make another post so I know.
Great updates with U15! I love the new restricted areas feature in autoX. It's sure to keep everyone honest. However, I have a request. Instead of adding a minute onto the time after entering a restricted zone, would it be possible to simply DNF (did not finish) the driver at the end of the run? Going into a restricted zone means leaving the proper course, and autocrosses make use of the DNF for that reason, so I think it makes sense.
That's already the case TaiFong.
Online = DNF
Offline = +1 minute
Quote from GeForz :That's already the case TaiFong.
Online = DNF
Offline = +1 minute

Is that so? Well good show then.
Singleplayer -> + 1min
Multiplayer -> Spectator ~ DNF
uhm jeah... good repeating clrs530
It looks like it had to be done
And DNF isnt really correct, cause it will be no result in any way there?!?
Quote from wabz :Hello,

I've found it's quite hard to join some servers from outside of LFS.

1) Server "ノマedline ノマacing " (the characters from codepage 932 will only show up here if you have an appropriate font installed). The problem here is not those characters, but the fact that the guys hosting this server have a demo server with the same name, and one of them has trailing spaces. This works fine through LFS, but trying to join this S2 server results in "host has a different game code" when trying to join with Browse For Speed or Join2LFS. I could never get it to work when joining specific server and entering those characters either - only by clicking the server from the ingame browser. I think LFS is trimming trailing spaces somewhere here...

Hmm... the first question for me is : how is it possible to create a host with a trailing space in its name? LFS always trims the trailing spaces. I'd like to know how Redline got past that check, so I can fix the bug. There should never be two hosts online with the same name, and a trailing space is not supposed to be a way around that.

I think the solution is not to bypass the space stripping system and so running two hosts with the same name. Instead, one should be called "Redline Racing (Demo)" and the other should be called "Redline Racing (S2)" or something like that.
Maybe it's not a classical space, but some sort of special character they copied from the clipboard, which is then displayed as a space in LFS, even though it isnt.
the Redline racing uses a chinese character for the actual R at the beginning.

^1^JÉÏ^0edline ^1^JÉÏ^0acing ^3S2

^1^JÉÏ^0edline ^1^JÉÏ^0acing

There the 2 redline racings i host but when they tried to have it as the same name LFS Would not allow it and one would never show. So simply added the S2. no extra spaces or anything. strange
AH! That explains it. The name is too long, so the S2 has disappeared, and the truncation of the name has kept the space.

Just remove the second ^J as it's not needed, it's still in the Japanese code page after the first word. Then S2 will appear and it should work fine.
Quote from Lible :In the new marshall mode the left and right use the same strings as the driver positions, but in Estonian, it isn't 100% correct, I can put in a little bit better word for them both, but still... It isn't RIGHT.

So, would it be hard to add new string for it?

OK. I have done that and added the new words to the translation page.
I'm stopping work now until Monday so I thought I'd upload what I've done - which is not a lot but a few minor updates that will help some people. Notably, the quick load option works differently now. You either load track, or don't load track (depending on your choice of option). It does not load a replay. And if you have unlocked LFS it never shows the final exit screen, you only see the credits and that's it.

See first post for patch U16.
Quote from Scawen :OK. I have done that and added the new words to the translation page.

Thank you very much.
Not sure if any one else is having the same issues but after trying one of the U patches my client developed a rythemic hanging, running for 2 seconds and then locked for two seconds. Since this was unplayable I reinstalled the T patch over the U and it went away but is starting to come back.

It only happens when I am on the track or viewing the track. Currently it happens for about 1.5 laps and then it stops. It almost as if it is not loading the track fully until that part is needed or somthing. I will not have a chance to test further until Sunday morning though, just wanted to mention it.
Is it possible to make server-list arrangeable not only by ping time, but also by server's name, track, number of online players etc.?

Join the request of loading reversed track by right click (or Shift+Click or whatever) in initial selecting.
Quote from Scawen :I'm stopping work now until Monday so I thought I'd upload what I've done - which is not a lot but a few minor updates that will help some people. Notably, the quick load option works differently now. You either load track, or don't load track (depending on your choice of option). It does not load a replay. And if you have unlocked LFS it never shows the final exit screen, you only see the credits and that's it.

See first post for patch U16.

Thanks for the quick load option and connecting straight to a server change
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG