The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Omar1 :clean, i like it! is it quick?

Good luck luke, you'll have an over excited kid there to bother you the whole day

Quote from lukelfs :It's has 105hp as standard (1.6 non-vtec) but it's got a few mods which should bring that up a bit. It shouldn't have any trouble out on track, especially in the corners

My friend has the exact same model with tein coils and some stuff, good god it's slow even by my eyes when I'm driving my estate golf.

Lowered maybe 15mm and 5mm spacers on front, still fine to drive, any lower and it would be shit. What a useless drop, can barely see the difference
(car looks lower than it is because of the heightening road, obviously)
So it looks like my 1jz conversion may be happening sooner than later (Thought its still a few months off)

Going to view three motors this weekend, all for $400..

#1 Good compression, Good turbos, Good head, pretty much a complete and running motor

#2 Bad compression, Good turbos, Good head, missing a few accesories

#3 Is a bare block, but with good compression

Going to attempt to make two decent engines out of the three, pretty stoked as the price is cheap for what im getting. Then its time for new seals/freshen up and start saving for bellhousing/clutch and all the other small bits i need for the conversion

super excited
if u just have a bare block how u know it has a good compression?
Quote from e2mustang :if u just have a bare block how u know it has a good compression?

Cylinders visually look good, honing marks visible, etc?
^What he said

It also came from a running car once upon a time.
Regardless, i will only be using #1 motor, the #2 and #3 i will combine, and either sell off, or go built/forged over time. (So its kind of irrelevant, even if compression is bad)

either way, im checking them out this sunday. As long as engine #1 is all good, i will be purchasing all three motors, as for $400...one engine is a steal.
Quote from KiRmelius :Cylinders visually look good, honing marks visible, etc?

that means nothing,it could have a slight crack anywhere. but u wont know until it runs. But worth a try if it looks good visually.

@clutch:Good luck with the build tho
Why not 2JZ? Horror price?
Quote from banfwd :Why not 2JZ? Horror price?

I'm confused, as I thought he had a 1JZ to begin with, which impressed him enough to bestow upon us a crap burnout vid.. or am I remembering the wrong car/person?
Quote from Tinytacohead :I'm confused, as I thought he had a 1JZ to begin with, which impressed him enough to bestow upon us a crap burnout vid.. or am I remembering the wrong car/person?

Maybe that was his brother's Soarer. I'm not sure.
Quote from banfwd :Maybe that was his brother's Soarer. I'm not sure.

The one I was referring to was of a Mk3 Supra..
It's a 7M I think, or a 1G.
Correct, its a 7MGTE(I would never buy a car with a 1g, especially in something as heavy as a supra)

Quote from banfwd :Why not 2JZ? Horror price?

Because theres usually a $1000 difference between a 1jz and a 2jz (Most 1jz engines tend to resale for $1000~ in aus)
1000dollar is still not that much?
Quote from G!NhO :1000dollar is still not that much?

In difference, it's still quite a lot of money for a teen.
has money for drugs,has $ for engines.
Quote from G!NhO :1000dollar is still not that much?

1jz - $1000
2jz - $2000

Plus there are a LOT more hidden costs when going 2jz. (Plus the need for an R154, or getrag..but i don't have 4k to drop on a getrag...)
Quote from Dennis93 :In difference, it's still quite a lot of money for a teen.

I'm 21, but yeah, $1000 is a fair bit of cash.
I only earn $600 a week, $300 of that goes on Rent+Food, $100 of that gets spent on miscelaneous (Fuel/Phone/Random stuff)
Quote from e2mustang :has money for drugs,has $ for engines.

You're an idiot. Pills are $35ea, acid is $25, I'm lucky to spend $300 over 3 months.

I want reliable and cheap power, 1jz offers all of that.
lol..
Quote from Klutch :...You're an idiot. Pills are $35ea, acid is $25, I'm lucky to spend $300 over 3 months...

Dang, I never knew acid was soo cheap.
ONLY $600 a week. Damn I like Australia, gotta move there some day.
iz mine u cant has

Quote from Fujioshi :Toyota

If you want to keep going where the others stopped, it needs to be Toyota bought
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG