The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Anyone going to be at TRAX this weekend at Silverstone? I'll be drifting there in the Super Pro class!
Quote from Scrabby :Anyone going to be at TRAX this weekend at Silverstone? I'll be drifting there in the Super Pro class!

Good luck, kick some asses.
Quote from banfwd :D:

the lada wasn't really my thing, shit to drive. i preferred my golf better, so i wanted something similar to that.
Quote from Scrabby :Anyone going to be at TRAX this weekend at Silverstone? I'll be drifting there in the Super Pro class!

Awesome, me and my brother (adamlfs) will be there. Do you know what time you will be on? We'll be on track at 12:25 for the track session - if your free look out for the red civic coupe
9.00 - 9.40 practice
11.30 - Driver signing session
13.00 - 14.00 Qualifying
14.30 - Top 16 announced - Maxxis truck. (Top 16 briefing to follow).
15.30 Top 16 finals.

@11 30 the drivers will sing? what song?
Quote from Scrabby :9.00 - 9.40 practice
11.30 - Driver signing session
13.00 - 14.00 Qualifying
14.30 - Top 16 announced - Maxxis truck. (Top 16 briefing to follow).
15.30 Top 16 finals.

Ok cool, I'll try and watch you practice - depends what time we get there.

Will get some pictures of you if I see ya out on track, will defiantly be watching the qualifying as long as we get back from the track session in time.

I expect you'll be in the top 16 too
Quote from lukelfs :Awesome, me and my brother (adamlfs) will be there. Do you know what time you will be on? We'll be on track at 12:25 for the track session - if your free look out for the red civic coupe

Yesyesyes im going! i live 45 minutes away, Going to be awesome! Might see you there Luke
Quote from nikopdr :I just realised I don't want a Lada. But yeah, trading a Lada for something even better

hoping that this will soon be mine :lovies3d:

A jetta!!! Nice although it looks hidious...
omega 3.0 ingection eletronics
BI TURBO GREEDY 250 CV DRIFT
Quote from G!NhO :A jetta!!! Nice although it looks hidious...

nah, not really. just needs to go lower + wider and find the caps for the raising spots. i do think that's a GTi lip, so i'll try to find a CL lip from somewhere.

i've been a fan of the bigger bumper version since i got das golf. if i cba, I might try to fit the small bumpers.
Quote from nikopdr :nah, not really. just needs to go lower + wider and find the caps for the raising spots. i do think that's a GTi lip, so i'll try to find a CL lip from somewhere.

i've been a fan of the bigger bumper version since i got das golf. if i cba, I might try to fit the small bumpers.

Too bad it is 4 door.
I think you mean the G60 lip, i would get an original grill and peel off the striping on the sides.
Quote from G!NhO :Too bad it is 4 door.
I think you mean the G60 lip, i would get an original grill and peel off the striping on the sides.

meh, i think they fit there alongside with the white edge on the grill. only thing i might peel is the "flair" logo from the back, which is a bit ridiculous.

oh and widened steelies. could be the only thing i can afford for wheels after that. or possibly just use leepu spacers for those votex ronal snowflake thingies and polish them. or just sell them.
Quote from danthebangerboy :...it is a standard diff that has been welded up, the previous owner had it done a few months ago, by the same guy who welded my mx5 diff up actually...

:doh:
Quote from Omar1 :Yesyesyes im going! i live 45 minutes away, Going to be awesome! Might see you there Luke

Maybe Check out the track at 12:25 and look out for us in my brothers red civic coupe
Quote from lukelfs :Maybe Check out the track at 12:25 and look out for us in my brothers red civic coupe

ej? eg? ek? Im excited cause i wasnt expecting to go but i found out today its on a sunday so i asked my Dad and boom im going
I presume youre not a fan of welded diffs then Tinytacohead, i have to say, i thought the idea was stupid, all that scrubbing and skipping when doing tight turns and couldnt see the point, until i drove with one, they really arent that bad to drive on at all.

They do take a bit of getting used to, the margin between grip and no grip is reduced, but at the same time its more consistent too in that that margin never changes unless its wet, unlike an lsd or even an open diff, bumps, road camber, tightening bends, body roll, etc, can and does make other diffs change which wheel they do or do not wish to drive, which can induce sudden oversteer as if from nowhere, with permanent 2 wheel drive that factor disappears, a far more predictable setu.

Plus it is ideal for drifting, which is something i plan to do once i have mastered the art, as im still at the stage where i apply too much or not enough opposite lock, its a learning curve, im not ready for the track yet, because if i were to bend it i would be devastated.

Tonight at a car photoshoot/meet i was at in my town there were 10 BMW's there, 2 325 saloons, 2 325 tourings, my 323 coupe (which is 2.8 powered) , a 320 coupe, a 318 compact with a 2.8 in, (all E36 shape) my old diesel E46, and a 2l E30 saloon, and another E30 saloon with a 2.5 engine in (i think) and the only 2 without a welded diff were the 320 coupe and my old 320d E46, so this alone proves that they must be OK< bacause f not then the majority wouldnt have had them.

There obviously wasnt just BMWs there though, we had skylines, an r32 gtr, another one that had loads of letters, gtst or something, a few evo's, one impreza, couple of 350z's a 2.8 capri with a welded diff (old skool cool) a sierra rs500, an RX-7, the usual saxo/corsa/fiesta people, or as we call them the'first car crowd' (everyone has to start somewhere) a bloke in a Chrysler 300C who thought he was the boy doing burnouts, that was until my american friend manny turned up in his caddy cts-v, which has had all sorts of mods and runs at about 650bhp, he didnt even need to do anything silly like a burnout, it was car of the night

Edit: this was the caddy last year, when all it had was something to do with pulleys (i dont understand) and a remap, now it has different headers, different exhaust, bigger superchargers and a better remap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfqLo-pO3F8
Quote from Omar1 :ej? eg? ek? Im excited cause i wasnt expecting to go but i found out today its on a sunday so i asked my Dad and boom im going

It's a EJ6, so looks like a EK civic but is a coupe , will probably be the only one there.
How on earth did you fit all them cars where you live dan? outside the pub? And as for the first car club, I started with the capri so I managed to skip the lower levels of car ownership
Quote from lukelfs :It's a EJ6, so looks like a EK civic but is a coupe , will probably be the only one there.

Sweet, whats been done to it then?
Quote from danthebangerboy :I presume youre not a fan of welded diffs then Tinytacohead..

No, I'm not, and especially not in a Miata. If your plan was to drift it then I get it, but even that's a crime which should be punishable by license revocation and/or being forced to drive a fwd minivan for the rest of one's life/afterlife!! As for how Miata's behave, you're talking to somebody who's owned two.. a base '91 1.6L, (open diff), and my current 1.8L, (factory LSD due to being a special edition). Between the two I've spent roughly 200,000 miles behind the wheel of Miata's, (spanning from 1997 to now, including a little autoX + year round driving), and I know how they behave in pretty much any condition imaginable. Locking either diff results in downgraded cornering performance, essentially gutting the car. The only thing worse you can do to their drive-train is stuff a Mustang type setup under the back. If your goal was for it to be a drifter, then I'm glad ya somehow managed to kill it before ever getting to that point!!
Quote from Omar1 :clean, i like it! is it quick?

It's has 105hp as standard (1.6 non-vtec) but it's got a few mods which should bring that up a bit. It shouldn't have any trouble out on track, especially in the corners
Quote from lukelfs :It's has 105hp as standard (1.6 non-vtec) but it's got a few mods which should bring that up a bit. It shouldn't have any trouble out on track, especially in the corners

fair enough, i'll look out for you
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG