The online racing simulator
I never turn it off, yet I never notice it. Guess I can zone that out better than others.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't know maybe because i got used to it in LFS, it just feels more natural imo then just a wheel, or no wheel at all.. gives me a better feedback.

For some reason I have the same feeling with the wheel.
Although seeing arms just annoys me.
I'm not a huge fan of the virtual wheel, but I usually just leave it on and ignore it. It really annoys me in iRacing, in cars like the Dallara and the FW31 that if the wheel is turned off it still stays there and doesn't turn, that annoys me more than anything.
Quote from Postman Pat :Out of interest, why would you want to see 2 wheels and someone else's arms? Feels like I'm not really driving.

It makes a difference to frame rate in iRacing. Pretty sure in everything else too.

Seeing a dashboard alone is weird to me; unless my wheel were positioned to be in the spot of the wheel. It makes the cockpit look awkward, and wrong.

Similarily, a moving steeringwheel without arms looks wrong, too, and makes me feel disconnected, like in rF1.
Quote :Aristotelis Vasilakos: A couple of things for the new guys reading the forum and reminders for the our old friends with which we talk here.

First of all, I think that by now it should be clear that we try to be as honest as possible. You saw the screenshots until now and you saw the videos and actually played the game at Gamescom. I think it's obvious that what you see is what you get, we don't do "nasty" things to promote AC.

Answers from me.
Here's how and why I say things in this forum, or elsewhere.
When I can say something, I'm glad to discuss it with you.
When I'm not able to discuss something, it is for the following reasons:
Too early in the development stage so I don't know how it will end up
Feature works but no real testing yet so who knows in "real life"
Licensing issues and contracts that prevent me to tell
Little secret I don't want the competition to know or ruin the surprise (we don't have many of those though)
Regarding post Gamescom reviews.
We've had some amazing reviews from gamescom, really way over our expectations and we are very happy about it. Nevertheless, please keep in mind a couple of things.

Gamescom is hell. Noise, lights, crowd, confusion.

Linguistic barriers. After travelling 1500kms, assembling the stand and supporting all those great folks that visited our stand to try the game, it could be very possible that either we don't understand a question or we didn't expressed well the answer. So some reviews and posts might have inaccuracies, can happen and does happen.
As an example I heard that it won't be possible to disable the moving arms... I heard it for the first time myself after gamescom too. Classic example of misunderstanding I suppose.

Spy shots, hidden content ecc.
We do not talk about not officially announced content, because as you can understand there are NDA's, contracts and professional ethics to respect. If you saw something that is not announced, it might be an error, a placeholder or simply just a test but NOT the actual content visualised. We kindly ask you to not create hype where there's none to be created and just wait and see how things evolve. Thank you for your understanding and for spreading the word about Assetto Corsa.

We love you guys and hope to not disappoint you.

Leaving out the option to turn off the virtual wheel seemed like a very weird thing to do. Thankfully it's actually included.

VLN seems to be in the distant future atm. That's not a problem, I'm sure they will do their best to offer us a laser scanned version of it.
Quote from MAGGOT :Seeing a dashboard alone is weird to me; unless my wheel were positioned to be in the spot of the wheel. It makes the cockpit look awkward, and wrong.

Yes, I suppose if you can't get your wheel in the right place, it might look odd. That's the key though. If you can get your seat height, wheel position,FOV, monitor height, and horizon all right, it looks and feels a lot more like you're sitting inside the car.

OTOH, one might argue that people can't have it both ways by saying they can ignore a wheel and/or hands being there when driving, but not ignore them *not* being there.
Personally I only turn the steering wheel off if there is visible steering lag. In lfs I don't mint either way but in iracing for example I must turn the wheel off because the delay is a bit confusing.
Quote from DeKo :Can you post your impressions of the FFB Vistaman? That was the best part of NKP for me (and LFS for that matter) and is my biggest disappointment about iRacing, even with the new linear option. How does it feel? I'm glad to hear the feel of the sim came naturally to a sim racer.

Uhm well.. well the ffb was veeeeery smooth, sometimes too smooth though, but it felt alright actually.
I was only drifting so I can't really tell how the ffb is while racing.
So that's Wheelgate over, what's the next massive crisis going to be?

September is coming....
I always knew my bday was in September for a reason.
that looks wierd. everything is motionblurred but the tires.
Quote from e2mustang :that looks wierd. everything is motionblurred but the tires.

Yeah, every effect has to be prebaked, tyre texture is something that would get changed a lot + dynamic wear + dynamic dirt build up, baking all that wouldn't be very high on the list yet because it needs a lot of tweaking before it's just right. I'm sure it will be done at least for the 1.0 version, if not sooner.
having dynamic dirt build up like in f1 2011 would be awesome !
Quote from e2mustang :having dynamic dirt build up like in f1 2011 would be awesome !

They already had it in NetKar PRO since 2006, no reason why they wouldn't have it in AC. There already have been videos of it in AC (can't find atm). In the videos it looked quite rough though (disappeared very quickly), but that should be easy to fix.

Edit: found the video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AygjDnBzZYI
Haha thanks for that last video. That simulator is not too far from my house. I might go check it out soon!

Quote :SYM 026 F1 Racing Simulator

$8.00 per player 2 minutes rules/load time, 3 minute race, 1 minute exit

Not to keen on the pricing though.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :They already had it in NetKar PRO since 2006, no reason why they wouldn't have it in AC. There already have been videos of it in AC (can't find atm). In the videos it looked quite rough though (disappeared very quickly), but that should be easy to fix.

Edit: found the video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AygjDnBzZYI

So this is AC?
Apparently, there are some pics of the same rig on the assetto facebook page. No further info on the car though but it looks like it is the ferrari f10 from FVA.
Awesome.. i'm so fcking hyped, aaaaaaa.
-
(banfwd) DELETED by banfwd
Didn't even notice that BMW (and it is right under their office)!

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG