The online racing simulator
Quote from bbman :Since there are a few enthusiasts in this thread, maybe you can recommend something...

I'm looking for a DSLR - I'm certainly no expert, but I have a basic understanding of photography... It's my first, so handling should be intuitive, but above all I would like a camera that works with the parameters I set (in both still and video shooting) without forcing or silently changing other values...

I've been looking at Canon 600/650D, Nikon D5100 or Sony Alpha 57/65... Is there a clear recommendation? I'd first use kit lenses and exchange them one by one with better ones - or should I go for a smaller body first and concentrate on better lenses? Or should I forget the APS-Cs altogether and save up for a full format camera?

I would vote Canon 600D
+1 to what Spankmeyer said.

If you plan to do a lot of daytime/good light shooting, you might go even older and pick up a used D300s (better build than the D7000, better AF system, nearly as good of a sensor).
What a nice place.
Seems there is a clear path in this DSLR-djungle for me... Thanks guys!
From last Wednesday.

Awesome.
I'm going retro at the moment, and so does my editing. Pics taken from the Oldtimer Grand Prix this weekend.

Attached images
IMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0380.jpg
IMG_0441.jpg
IMG_0684.jpg
IMG_0920.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg
Lovely work, smove.
Not really anything special, taken with a Canon 400D + 50mm lens

perfect night
Some random shots from London 2012

SD.
Thats nice stuff. Must have been awesome watching Jess and Mo in their events. They were exhilarating from 6000+ miles away on 20 inches of LCD much less at the stadium itself.
Quote from jrd.racer :Thats nice stuff. Must have been awesome watching Jess and Mo in their events. They were exhilarating from 6000+ miles away on 20 inches of LCD much less at the stadium itself.

Thanks, yes it was amazing to be in the stadium, the atmosphere and emotion was unbelievable and when Mo ran the final lap of his 10K the sound was deafening with the entire stadium on its feet!
Myself, wife and kids returned home around 2am the next morning, my throat was sore, back aching but it was totally worth it.
An unforgettable day
I originally wanted tickets for the mens 100m on the day after, but really glad we won the day before

SD.
Some stuff from Grand Teton NP:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Some stuff from Grand Teton NP:

How far away from these beautiful surroundings do you live, Ben? I'm jealous.
Quote from wildstyle :How far away from these beautiful surroundings do you live, Ben? I'm jealous.

This was a 2200mi road trip, unfortunately. And next week I'm moving away to the point where it'd be a 4400mi road trip.

This is the route we took: http://goo.gl/maps/SbbBr
Quote from DeadWolfBones :And next week I'm moving away to the point where it'd be a 4400mi road trip.

Less jelly now then.

But nice trip and wonderful pictures like always.
More travel stuff, from Yellowstone this time:

A couple of photos from last week
I’ve been testing some HDR editing recently

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG