The online racing simulator
But hey, at least there's no advert breaks in the coverage!
Quote from Intrepid :utter drivel.

Ok, you got me. I really cant stand listening to your utter drivel any longer.

I admit, you know how to push my buttons... by breathing.

Ignore list for a while me thinks. There's only so much negativity I can take.
Quote from The Moose :Ok, you got me. I really cant stand listening to your utter drivel any longer.

I admit, you know how to push my buttons... by breathing.

Ignore list for a while me thinks. There's only so much negativity I can take.

Right or wrong, I see Intrepid's point. It's a bit like the old "My dad is better than yours because he can do more pushups!" argument.

That being said, I still do feel pride when I think back to how Canada stomped everyone in the winter Olympics last time 'round
Quote from J@tko :
Position Country Golds per million population
1 New Zealand 0.681818182
2 Slovenia 0.5
3 Jamaica 0.37037037
4 Kazakhstan 0.3125
5 Lithuania 0.3125
6 Croatia 0.227272727
7 GB 0.225806452
8 Hungary 0.2
9 Netherlands 0.181818182
10 Denmark 0.181818182
-------------------
19 USA 0.082802548
-------------------
30 China 0.018656716

Position Country Medals per million population
1 New Zealand 1.590909091
2 Slovenia 1.5
3 Denmark 0.909090909
4 Australia 0.884955752
5 Jamaica 0.740740741
6 Slovakia 0.727272727
7 Mongolia 0.714285714
8 Belarus 0.631578947
9 Moldova 0.571428571
10 Qatar 0.526315789
-------------------
13 GB 0.467741935
-------------------
34 USA 0.171974522
-------------------
47 China 0.039552239

So yeah the BBC lied when they said we were top of the "golds per population" table. Interesting to see how badly China are doing compared to their population size - 30th out of 34 for golds per population.

It's a bit hard for China. All 300 medals divided by their 1344 millions, is 0.22. Those charts will always favour the smaller nations because whilst you may have more people to choose from, you can only enter the same number of events as everybody else.
Quote from sinbad :It's a bit hard for China. All 300 medals divided by their 1344 millions, is 0.22. Those charts will always favour the smaller nations because whilst you may have more people to choose from, you can only enter the same number of events as everybody else.

Yes of course. I totted up the medals last night (and got 427) and even if they'd have won every single medal they would still only be 21st on medals per person :P Will do it again tonight and see if it changes, which it could well do if a small country gets even 1 medal

EDIT: Obviously they wouldn't be 21st if they'd got all the medals, they'd be 1st, but you know what I mean :P
Haha, Norway got ass-whoped in the handball match today, uff!
If we don't pull the shit togheter we'll not even reach the semi's
Who is insane enough to watch handball when there is 100 meter final in 10 minutes?
The game is allready done, so it won't interfer
I am not sure if I will be able to watch the sprint. The internet is cocking up bad, and the telly is dying, so... meh!
Keep me updated!

Edit: WHOOPP! Internet working, streaming now!
Quote from J@tko :Yes of course. I totted up the medals last night (and got 427) and even if they'd have won every single medal they would still only be 21st on medals per person :P Will do it again tonight and see if it changes, which it could well do if a small country gets even 1 medal

EDIT: Obviously they wouldn't be 21st if they'd got all the medals, they'd be 1st, but you know what I mean :P

Yes, I know what you mean. It occurred to me that someone would reply that everybody else's ratio would be 0.00, as I typed that.
I based the 300 on a single google search so you may be right, but regards it's a start that needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt.
regards bolt
9:64 , holy ****ing shit that's like...faster than what my car would do on the same distance!
Quote from sinbad :I based the 300 on a single google search so you may be right, but regards it's a start that needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Ah yes definitely. It's pretty skewed for both extremes of population and extremes of medals. I'll update it tonight and see what's changed.

@ TVE you can guess who won. No new WR though
Quote from J@tko :Ah yes definitely. It's pretty skewed for both extremes of population and extremes of medals. I'll update it tonight and see what's changed.

@ TVE you can guess who won. No new WR though

Internett survived, and I were able to stream at 240P lol!
Well, it was only 0.06 secs off the WR, that's nothing! :O

Great athlets!
Usama Bin Bolt \o/
#265 - CSF
9.63 ppppppppffffffffffffffffffff
Awesome 100m final, was great to watch! :banana:
Pretty mad when a 9.63 is disappointing Easy a mi .5 if he had a better reaction but new false start rules are wank
Some idiot throwing a beer bottle just before the start:

Quote from troy :Some idiot throwing a beer bottle just before the start

I thought I saw something on the replay but assumed it was just some random bit of paper or something :S

Moar stats:

Golds per person:

1 Jamaica
2 New Zealand
3 Slovenia
4 Hungary
5 Kazakhstan
6 Denmark
7 Lithuania
8 GB
9 Croatia
10 Belarus

Medals per person:

1 New Zealand
2 Slovenia
3 Denmark
4 Jamaica
5 Australia
6 Hungary
7 Belarus
8 Slovakia
9 Mongolia
10 Armenia
What a wanker
Quote from troy :Some idiot throwing a beer bottle just before the start:

#proudtobebritish

But seriously what a nobber
Quote from Intrepid :I'd like to see you take the attitude when those who paying the bills demand golds otherwise you lose funding. And playing fair to me is is doing everything to win that doesn't include a DSQ.

Do you cheat at work? do you hide your own mistakes, or blame others for them? Do you claim credit for stuff that was nothing to do with you? Would you deliberately do bad work on a project to ensure it reflects badly on the project lead?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Do you cheat at work? do you hide your own mistakes, or blame others for them? Do you claim credit for stuff that was nothing to do with you? Would you deliberately do bad work on a project to ensure it reflects badly on the project lead?

This has got nothing to do with Intrepid's argument.

Several athletes come to the games under pressure to win gold at the risk of losing what little sponsorship they have managed to find. That's why they drug themselves, that's why they try and find shortcuts to ensure they get the best possible result.

Your workplace analogy would more accurately represent Intrepid's arguments had you posed the following question: "would you cheat at work to ensure your bosses are happy with the results, if you knew that you'd risk being left unemployed for the next four years if you failed to fulfill their expectations", to which the most common answer would be "yes".

Games of the XXX Olympiad - London 2012
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG