The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :
The objective is to get gold. Not to play fair

The objective is to win gold whilst playing fair.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Did anyone watch the Robson/Murray v Lisicki/Kas mixed doubles semi? Awesome down to the last point.

Watched both of Robson/Murray's matches today. Both great entertainment.

Our cyclists are awesome!

Looking forward to watching Jess winning Heptathlon gold soon.
I wonder who will be on the front pages tomorrow
Mo you ****ing legend
Quote from J@tko :I wonder who will be on the front pages tomorrow

Might take that back now

6 golds in a day
Shame about the football though, was looking forward to it.

E: In other news, it's awesome how bad we are at stuff. 200 million people and we can't find ONE decent athlete in most sports.
Ouch... Sturridge...
#232 - CSF

GB football team.
OMG I must commend Team GB. Jessica, Mo, and Greg Rutherford. Absolutely awesome stuff.

That 10,000m was absolutely exhilarating.

Also proud of Shelly-ann, as she wasnt on for most of this year but she came out strong tonight.

In other news, there is just too much to watch at once. Damn.
Quote from jrd.racer :In other news, there is just too much to watch at once. Damn.

Indeed, I find myself switching channels all the time!

What a great day for GBR.

And Phelps.

as if it needed to be said, this is a jk.....although not far from the truth
Quote from EliteAti :Not much to watch when game goes 6-0 6-1 in Finals.

But here is celebration after game.

Did some research, and turned out the girl that lost started to cry in the match... pretty brutal defeat
And I love the fact that probably the second most important race at the games (women's 100m) just seemed like such an anti-climax

GB.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :

as if it needed to be said, this is a jk.....although not far from the truth

That's the funniest thing i've seen in a long while

What a fantastic day. I've been watching The Olympics since 9.00AM this morning. The Rowing, Cycling and Athletics have been superb. All that and two matches in the mixed doubles tennis that were superbly entertaining add up to one of the best days sport I've ever witnessed as a Brit.

Only Intrepid could fail to be proud to be British after that lot
China: 0.018 golds per million population, 0.039 medals per million population
USA: 0.082 golds per million population, 0.171 medals per million population

Team GB: 0.225 golds per million population, 0.467 medals per million population

So one medal per 2 million population - not bad

Apparently top of medals per population

Quote from The Moose :Only Intrepid could fail to be proud to be British after that lot

Quote from J@tko :China: 0.018 golds per million population, 0.039 medals per million population
USA: 0.082 golds per million population, 0.171 medals per million population

Team GB: 0.225 golds per million population, 0.467 medals per million population

So one medal per 2 million population - not bad

Apparently top of medals per population

So according to that if estonia should get one medal we beat the sh*t out of the brits by statistics (as long as you don't get any more of them).
Do tell me again how wonderfully well your doing.

According to an alternative ranking system, New Zealand is first when calculated on a population basis.
Using that approach, when the medal count is population based, New Zealand would have won 21 gold medals by now and 12.6 bronze for a total medal haul of 33.6, while Slovenia would be second with 14.9 gold and 17.9 bronze for a total of 32.8.
The alternative tables are a co-production of the Royal Statistical Society, statisticians from Imperial College in London, and The Guardian's Datablog section.

Nothing like looking at achievement on a population basis !

I wonder why this isn't ever reported, does make a good point though.

And for an 'ahhh' moment, yet another first, Drysdale's gold meant he and Haigh became the first couple to win medals at the same Olympic Games in the same sport.
Quote from The Moose :The objective is to win gold whilst playing fair

I'd like to see you take the attitude when those who paying the bills demand golds otherwise you lose funding. And playing fair to me is is doing everything to win that doesn't include a DSQ.
Quote from J@tko :China: 0.018 golds per million population, 0.039 medals per million population

This is why i'm always saying, that china's amount of medals is insufficient.
Maybe that's why NZ was the first in the world to sign a free trade agreement with China.

Let us train them up and then.......

Oh, by the way, we also won the tri nations yesterday.

A bit of a South African ass kicking

I think Australia was competing as well.

Just don't mention the cricket

Quote from Crashgate3 :It's the Zionists.

Actually, i thought it was the standard world wide conspiracy against us as once more we kick ass.

http://cruelandunusualgeography.com/

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/n ... old-medal-table-ck-125159

And certainly nothing to do with this.
At all, even vaguely, even slightly, what a silly idea.........

The judge overseeing the Kim Dotcom extradition case has stepped down after making comments suggesting the United States was the "enemy".
An internet law expert, Judge Harvey had been considered the perfect choice to hear arguments on whether Dotcom and his Megaupload colleagues should be extradited by the United States to face charges of criminal copyright violation.
The district court's chief judge Jan-Marie Doogue said Judge Harvey had made the decision to step down from hearing the case.
"He recognises that remarks made in the context of a paper he delivered on copyright law at a recent internet conference could reflect on his impartiality and that the appropriate response is for him to step down from the case."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/n ... d=1&objectid=10820496
Position Country Golds per million population
1 New Zealand 0.681818182
2 Slovenia 0.5
3 Jamaica 0.37037037
4 Kazakhstan 0.3125
5 Lithuania 0.3125
6 Croatia 0.227272727
7 GB 0.225806452
8 Hungary 0.2
9 Netherlands 0.181818182
10 Denmark 0.181818182
-------------------
19 USA 0.082802548
-------------------
30 China 0.018656716

Position Country Medals per million population
1 New Zealand 1.590909091
2 Slovenia 1.5
3 Denmark 0.909090909
4 Australia 0.884955752
5 Jamaica 0.740740741
6 Slovakia 0.727272727
7 Mongolia 0.714285714
8 Belarus 0.631578947
9 Moldova 0.571428571
10 Qatar 0.526315789
-------------------
13 GB 0.467741935
-------------------
34 USA 0.171974522
-------------------
47 China 0.039552239

So yeah the BBC lied when they said we were top of the "golds per population" table. Interesting to see how badly China are doing compared to their population size - 30th out of 34 for golds per population.
Murray hands out a right thrashing to Federer ! Fantastic display.
Quote from The Moose :Only Intrepid could fail to be proud to be British after that lot

I don't associate being British with being able to do well in a few running races. This #proudtobebritish stuff is beyond cringeworthy. I feel happiness for the athletes who do well and work hard, but pride? meh, err... no. I don't feel entirely comfortable when you see the state of the child care system in the UK and then witness the Gov pissing 20Bn on a sports event. Nothing truly to be proud of at all.

Games of the XXX Olympiad - London 2012
(395 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG