The online racing simulator
& Genuine Racing
(279 posts, started )
Yeah, Happy New Year Genuine Racing I wish you to stay strong as you are now and achieve the best Cheers.
Happy new year, may it be full of joy and success!
Happy New year!
Summary: OWRL S2 League S20 and RR GT3TCC 2012
Magic Week for Genuine Racing

What a memorable week for us! We have won our first championships - both in individual and endurance leagues! And because the first time is always something special, we will give you a short summary plus comments of our unque week.

Klaidas Gasiunas wins 20th Season of the OWRL S2 League
Our Lithuanian driver has won the first of two seasons of the OWRL S2 League this year! This for not only the first title in his Live for Speed career, but also for Genuine Racing! Out of 10 races he participated in, he took three poles, three wins and stood on the podium for further five times. That meant he won title by a margin of 78 points to PLZ-MaxNorris. But also other GenR driver (Joonas Koskinen, Sascha Riegler) partly participated during the season taking together another pole, two wins and two third places. Overall we finished the season in 4th place of the Team Standings.

- Francois Maris {Framaris}:
"Fantastic Klaidas! You'll be remembered as the one who won the first championship for GenR, no one will ever take that from you! I feel soooo proud you mate!"

- Klaidas Gasiunas {TexasLTU}:

"Thank you guys! This is unbelievable!

Still hard to realise what I've done, 5 years of simracing and hard work finally being materialized - I'm the champion of a championship. This wasn't an easy walk, as it may look for the points, I've put so much effort to it, on most occasions ~100 laps of practice, usually every day. I feel very delighted now, a little tired, but most important, I'm even more motivated now! Kudos for all of you guys, I wouldn't have done it without you! Thanks to Sascha especially, all the help with setups was a golden nugget!

Love all of you!"

- Dominik Engel {Deutschland2007}:

"Grats Klaidas! Great performance mate!"

RR GT3TCC 2012: This day has been just perfect
"We've done it!". That was probably the most common thought of every GenR team member who was in TeamSpeak during that time after Krasimir Ivanov finally crossed the finish line for us - by 0.05s ahead of title rivals spdoRacing! And that event also on the 2nd anniversary of Genuine Racing! As an summary of that race alone - not to mention the whole season - would be extremely tiring to read, we "just" give you the race comments from our drivers. Anyway, thanks to the organizers for improving their season and the competitors for an unique season!

- Krasimir Ivanov {krkriv}:
"This race will be in my memory fooooor long. Strategy worked out really well. This finish won't happen if I knew the limit of the tyres."

- Sascha Riegler {Feuerdrache}:
"What an incredible race. We surely won't forget it that soon! So here are my thoughts on the race after I could rest 1 1/2 days off this memorable season!

I was already quite nervous throughout the weak somehow, because I was aware that it was a really big chance to claim the title. And you aren't gifted that much chances in racing - especially not endurance racing. If you see one, you need to do put your energy into it to use the possibility.

Everything started brilliant with Krasi driving absolutely consistent. JPeace most likely was irritated by that performance as they were expecting themselves to be fastest I guess. At this stage, we already had a nice gap to the 4-stopping spdo car. But then we had the first SC which was a slight setback for us. There happened nothing until Joonas gave me the car after his fast consistent stint. Immediately after that, the second SC was called which brought us back "on par" with our main rival spdo, because we both only had to stop three times at that time and with FZ3 being faster on that track everything looked positive. I didn't really want to pay too much on fighting, I just wanted to drive my stints decently which I did by driving in a steady 1-2s gap to Vires #1.

In the middle of the stint, I began to think of certain "What If" situation for SC periods. For example: If the SC would have been called at the 2:45h mark, we would have pitted and driven three 1:05h stints. At the 3:50h mark, two 1:05h etc. Everything else with longer stretches would have been a certain risk for FZ3. Then at about 3:40h (?), there was the call for the third SC. I didn't have that much time to make decision, but I was aware that it was a decision between a certain defeat (not pitting) and pitting and streatching the stints A LOT (pitting), because spdo only needed to pit once anymore. So I went for the second option despite Krasi telling me that we "would lose it all". :P After that I was switching in the role of an virtual race engineer for Krasi and told him he would need to save as much tyre (and also fuel if possible) as he could. At the restart, spdo has been hit by someone - which was important later on! That and a quick, consistent even increased the gap to over 25s to spdo until he finished the stint. We were in steady communication during the second to last stint, so I could calculate the amount of fuel (84%) he would need to make it to the finish.

Then the "final stage" began with Kristi taking over for spdo and I knew he was way faster than fadeaway. At the 1h to go mark, I asked Krasi whether he wanted to pit and take fresh tyres, because the gap was big enough to come out of the slightly ahead of them or side by side. Another side effect would have been the better tyres in case of another emergency SC. Anyway, since Krasi was driving I left the decision open to him. He went for the tyre saving way.

With the progess of the stint, I was getting more and more nervous. With about 15min to go, Kristi already needed to gain 1.5-1.7s per lap to even each reach him by start/finish. I wanted to know how much tyres Krasi has already left, so I began switching the channels to get more information from Joonas, because he was on the server. Sorry to Klaidas for completely ignoring you at this time, I just couldn't care less about it right there!

Anyway, I told Krasi he would need to find a bit pace mainly in the middle sector and that spdo had less tyres left than him. Unfortunately Kristi catched us after the second split. I was clearly getting excited and cheared for Krasi like anyone else in the channel. Thankfully Kristi made it impossible for himself to even pass Krasi by driving into his side before the braking point. At the end, we won it by 0.05s - it could barely have been any closer! Krasi probably did that close finish on porpuse to drive me crazy after those disputes we had before the race day. (Attention Irony!) [...]

I can only thank you all for the support throughout the season. Together we achieved more than we could ever dreamed of (beating a still superior XR3!) - I at least didn't think it was possible when I joined you."

- François Maris {Framaris}:
"I can't tell you how proud I was saturday!

The race was crazy and the outcome fantastic, but what impressed me most was the maturity on all levels (driving, reactivity and strategy) during the race."

The whole article is also readable on our forum!

Well done, you guys were always destined to win a championship sooner or later, and the talent and competitiveness of your roster proves it!
Congratulations!
Congratulations on both championships, well done and well deserved!

The finish of the final GT3 race was very entertaining to watch. Keep up the good work, guys.
Congrats guys, you did a wonderful job
You guys have started to prove what you are, and you definately are one of the best competitors around in all leagues you participate. Best of luck for the future
As I was involved in race with commentary role I was completely neutral, as always anyway and that was one of the most exciting races to watch. Noone believed spdo really had any chance to catch you guys, but I kept counting the gap anyway for share thrill of it all and in the end it just came as close as it did. Fantastically driven I must say and I'm sure the rest of the season was just as good. Well done to you guys.
Big congrats to Kladias, you deserved it mate.
Great work chaps
What can I say... It was about to time. We have the speed, experience and skills. Maybe some details were staying always against us. First champ win is something special for everyone.
Thank you guys above, for the kind words! Forza GenR! :checkered:drink:
You guys earned it. Sorry stream disapeared it was epic
Gratz GenR ! It was a nice battle for the whole season ! Thank you for the great racing !
Looks good wish i could race.
Shame you guys changed the race day from last season. Now it clashes with a lot of OLFSL races and I already committed to that season and the other Sundays I'm not at home.
Quote from N I K I :Shame you guys changed the race day from last season. Now it clashes with a lot of OLFSL races and I already committed to that season and the other Sundays I'm not at home.

We haven't changed the race day for GT1 Challenge which will have more seasons later, GT Masters is a bit different with longer races. Sadly it is hard to make everyone happy....
Meh, too egoistic to race with anyone else in the same car, outside MoE.

I'll skip this one.
Quote from Dennis93 :Meh, too egoistic to race with anyone else in the same car, outside MoE.

I'll skip this one.

Not sure what you mean? it is single driver champ...
Quote from Framaris :We haven't changed the race day for GT1 Challenge which will have more seasons later, GT Masters is a bit different with longer races. Sadly it is hard to make everyone happy....

Oh right, now things are a bit more clear.
R2R and GenR welcome Niklas "N!ghtm@re" Gebauer!
Happy weeks in the team! Today our headquarters are meeting the new face, our third German in the team - Niklas Gebauer!

The 22 - year - old is hailing from south Germany. He is strongly interested in endurance racing. According to his words, he is in love with FO8 and GTRs. He has quite a lot of experience in many leagues and events like GTAL, 16hours by Racing Minds, GT3 Touring Car Cup, LFSCART and many others. We're sure Mr.Gebauer will be great addition to our squad.

Link to story in GenR forum
glad to see he went here. Should fit right in! Welcome back Niklas!
Welcome man! Im sure we will have good time
Congratulations both Niklas and GenR!

Best of luck in your future races.
Nice sign in dudes.
Niklas has now a team where he must be.

& Genuine Racing
(279 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG