The online racing simulator
Quote from heson :An office machine has no problem running LFS on max settings.

You sure? The current workstation I use at office barely runs the graphics on the screen to smoothly show your cursor (little over exagurated? :razz.
Quote from PMD9409 :Later this year I know iRacing are supposed to go and rescan Silverstone. Will be hectic having people "comparing" the two versions.

Looking forwar to such comparisons. And most of all, to the comparison with iR NewTireModel. (In a recent interview, AS spokesperson Massarutto avoided two direct questions and just blattered a bunch of hot air).
Quote from carfetish :Looking forwar to such comparisons. And most of all, to the comparison with iR NewTireModel. (In a recent interview, AS spokesperson Massarutto avoided two direct questions and just blattered a bunch of hot air).

Which is exactly what they want to do. They don't do the marketting or hype like iRacing does, they simply have screenshots and later on when you drive it, you will be able to understand it yourself.

Plus imagine if they said they would be better than iR in the tire/physics department. Imagine the amount of iR trolls that would bash it just to bash it, not knowing a thing about it.
Quote from PMD9409 :Which is exactly what they want to do. They don't do the marketting or hype like iRacing does, they simply have screenshots and later on when you drive it, you will be able to understand it yourself.

Plus imagine if they said they would be better than iR in the tire/physics department. Imagine the amount of iR trolls that would bash it just to bash it, not knowing a thing about it.

Here is the hot air marketing I'm referring to:

Quote :Kunos Simulazioni has a large fan base of racers who are very adamant about your physics engine being the best that there is. So, in terms of physics, what is it that you do differently (or better) that sets you apart from your competition?
Marco Massarutto – [...] since the beginning we have always been focused on the physics model; but, we didn’t invent the “physics”. Everything responds to physics laws; you just need to know these laws to reproduce it, if you really want.
It’s hard to say why or where we might or might not be “better” than our competitors. We do things in a way that makes sense to us and feedback from the community is that what we do seems to make sense for them as well. Racing simulators are not all about science and data. There is a huge amount of trial and error to get right all those things that can’t be measured in real life. Probably what makes us different is the amount of man hours that go into the basic driving feel and validation compared to the other elements that have to be pursued in a driving simulator.

The tire model is probably the most crucial aspect to any racing simulation, but also the most difficult to replicate. Can you give us a brief overview of the process that you guys go through in creating your tire model?
Marco Massarutto – Again it is science and study applied to observation and iterative development. Stefano spends an insane amount of time with all the tyre books and tyre data he can get his hands on. The aim is to find patterns, turn it into a formula and then turn it into code. But the process doesn’t end up there; driving “feel” is an essential part of the development, if it doesn’t feel right, it all starts up again.

Kunos deserves credit for raising the bar for the best tire model in 2006, but Massarutto (already infamous for his hype of nkPro), is avoiding two direct questions on the tire model, the most important part of a modern simulation. Unless I'm missing something, there is no tecnical/detailed info on Assetto Corsa's tire model out for the public to read. I compare this with the treasure of technical info divulged during the last year by David Kaemmer and Eric Hudec, even when that was against their short-term marketing interest (something for which I'm thankful to them).
The first question I can understand him blowing off, as I was saying they don't want direct comparisons.

The second question is probably just asking the wrong person. Lets ask Steve Myers, Sean Siff, or Shannon Whitmore about the tires and see what lengthy and detailed response you get.

Also, something more constructive here: http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-tatuus-fa01-previews
The FA01 isn't an F3 car though, is it? It's Formula Abarth, and I'm not sure what the differences are. It looks a bit like an F3 car, but without the mandatory restrictor and airbox on the side.
Quote from heson :For an office machine I see no point upgrading from XP, but for anything that gets happy from more than 3,5GB ram a 64bit os is a must (and xp64bit is crap)

Dont even...

IE9
That was well worth the read, thank you. I'm happy it seems to feel this good. I don't mind the lack of fcv or full mode. The option is certainly nice however. If it actually feels that good to drive though, then I will be one happy person.
Awesome read. Only read the AC part, and damn I hope itreally turns out to bee that brilliant. No reason why it shouldn't be really.
You lost me at Facebook.
*insert beam of light and opera singing*
BMW Series 1 M Coupé

A little bird told me, there might be more BMW's.. hope he's not bullshittin' me.
RWD street cars with netkar'y physics and those DX11 graphics.. mmmm.. *dreams*

2012 is looking pretty damn good for us sim freaks.
Quote from Kid222 :BMW Series 1 M Coupé

A little bird told me, there might be more BMW's.. hope he's not bullshittin' me.

Remember when they said "Every piece of content in the teaser video will be in the sim"?

Oh, and I don't think they will start there, not when they posted THIS picture.
Quote from PMD9409 :Remember when they said "Every piece of content in the teaser video will be in the sim"?

Oh, and I don't think they will start there, not when they posted THIS picture.

Mother of God...!

Kunos, y u no work faster!
Wow, just wow. If they notch up every aspect of the game by, let's say at least 15%, I will spend most of my spare time racing online or offline.

I guess it's the best sim since a couple of years

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG