The online racing simulator
Supposed to be clear tonight, we'll see what ends up happening though.
We all know how accurate weather forecasts are, though it's meant to be okay like you said.
Sounds like the sun is out down there, track is drying. There's still a chance of rain between 4 and 7 though, can't wait for this race tonight, this is going to be intense. Wonder if this might work out well for NASCAR? They're getting a prime time TV spot now.
Im hoping it will be exciting! Cant wait
Quote from UncleBenny : Wonder if this might work out well for NASCAR? They're getting a prime time TV spot now.

and everything just looks better under the lights It's more epic somehow.
This just in: NASCAR personnel and fans melt in the rain, descended from Wicked Witch of the West
This just in: some stupid moto gp fan trolling a NASCAR thread got hit by a hauler. /wat? screw off
Quote from Mustangman759 :This just in: some stupid moto gp fan trolling a NASCAR thread got hit by a hauler. /wat? screw off

This just in: Lighthearted troll gets a massive rise out of someone who can't take a joke. No one is surprised.
Forecast is showing the possible rain might hit around 7 now. Crap.
lmao
I want to respond to troll posts SO BAD
If they do get to race tonight I predict a good, albeit possibly shortened, race.

Jr FTW!
You just can't oval race in the rain. Simple fact.
Quote from UncleBenny :I want to respond to troll posts SO BAD

Me too, but I am really not in the mood for physics after tutoring for two hours
Don't worry, you aren't as trollable as the iRacing forum. The IQ there is even lower than Matt's.

We know rain + ovals isn't gonna happen (though I'd love someone to test it for real), but the picture is applicable for NASCAR + drizzle at Watkins Glen.
Quote from boothy :but the picture is applicable for NASCAR + drizzle at Watkins Glen.

Yeah, I think they should have raced that, but looking at how it worked in the Nationwide Series... Maybe it was a good idea not to run it too

I'm dumb when it comes to tires (or tyres) but why isn't it possible to make the slicks move water away from the rubber without having it melt at the high speeds.

Oval would be BORING in the rain though I think if it was possible anyways.
slicks are not treaded which means aquaplaning.

Wet tyres are just far too soft to be raceable on ovals (and even if you made them super hard, the movement of the tread blocks would likely overheat them anyway)
Quote from JackDaMaster :slicks are not treaded which means aquaplaning.

Wet tyres are just far too soft to be raceable on ovals (and even if you made them super hard, the movement of the tread blocks would likely overheat them anyway)

I understand that part.. I explained that poorly.

Why can't they give tires a shape that wouldn't be perfectly flat and might move the water away from the tire. Overheating as well?

Treads and slicks have the same kind of surface make-up?

I'm a tire noob outside of the physics.
Pre-race is on Speed currently
Radar looks really good, track is dry, we're going racing in around 25 min. guys
Woooooohooooooooo here we go!!!! Cant wait to here dws boogity...

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG