The online racing simulator
I am impressed. Let teh fun with graphic cards trading begin...
It's an interesting project, and looking forward to test it out someday!
I'm already pleased with the feel of netKar Pro, so knowing this might be an step up, I'm already preparing to spend cash, if it's not an ripoff like iRacing.
I had some interest in this in passing, with intentions to try it out when the time comes... until I saw the ass-end of the Lotus in the OP. Now I'm excited and I want it!
http://www.virtualr.net/assett ... a-new-content-teaser-info

Quote :Kunos Simulazioni has hinted at the next licensing announcement for their upcoming Assetto Corsa title, tweeting out two detail photos of a car that will be available in the simulation.

Sports car racing fanatics will probably recognize the tail light as it shows the Ferrari-powered P4/5 Competizione.

Build by James Glickenhaus, the car is a one of its kind creation powered by a Ferrari V8 engine putting out 450hp. The P4/5 competed in the 2011 Nürburgring 24 Hours, finishing in 39th place overall.

Furthermore, the guys over at Speedmaniacs have revealed some interesting details regarding the upcoming title. The guys confirm that Assetto Corsa will feature ten tracks, two of which have already been revealed (Magione & Monza).

Also, Kunos confirms that Assetto Corsa will use neither a subscription model or online account fee as the title will sell for a fixed price and offer unlimited free multiplayer.The studio hasn’t decided on whether DLC content post-release will be available for free though.

Assetto Corsa will be powered by a brand new DirectX 11 graphics engine and will come with advanced features such as blur & DOF. The title will offer extensive modding support as well as laser-scanned tracks and fully licensed cars as well as AI – A first for a Kunos title.

Sounds good to me so far.
Does sound good. Looks sexay too.
Ah, good to see it doesn't go for the subscrition fee nonsense.
Fixed price

P4/5

Looking forward to it.
Wouldn't mind paying for some of the laser-scanned additions later on (post initial release). I dig the fixed price a lot though.
Quote from pmd9409 :wouldn't mind paying for some of the laser-scanned additions later on (post initial release). I dig the fixed price a lot though.

+1
Excellent new about the fixed price, I would be happy with pay for DLC after release. Looking forward to this.

Does this game have something to do with Project CARS?
This game does not cooperate with Need For Speed, no.
Quote from baSh0r :This game does not cooperate with Need For Speed, no.

Wait. What?
Guess he refers to that the guys making CARS earlier made NFS games.
The physics of p.cars are still the same as NFS too.

The battle for the racing sim of 2012 is pretty much a duel between RF2 and AC.
Wants it!

Much more here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/?page_id=1803

Apparently, every car that was in the intro video on the website is going to be in the sim. That means Lotus T125, Formula Abarth, BMW GT car (finally someone!), and many others.
just:jawdrop:
Holy mother of god...
@-NightFly- a familypack you will need it!

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG