The online racing simulator
Community was fantastic for its first season and then dropped off somewhat. Still funny, but Parks & Recreation is funnier at this point.

Homeland is my favorite new show, lately.
Just finished watching the wire tv series. I really liked it. Which was kind of surprising as I don't usualy like drama and police shows.
Margin Call (2011)

Great film from this economic/global/financial/whatever crisis and all the stuff. I highly recommend.
Quote from Hyperactive :Just finished watching the wire tv series. I really liked it. Which was kind of surprising as I don't usualy like drama and police shows.

Yeah, but it's a very atypical cop show. Probably the best thing that's ever been on TV, IMO.

The end of season 4 is just so sad...
I think the thing that made me like the wire was that it wasn't just a bunch of individual episodes but it had very good storyline arc over each season and then it kind of nicely has an end which sums up everything that has happened. in a way all of it make sense in the same way life doesn't make sense .

It has a bit that same feeling like the city of god movie even if the angle is totally different.

I'd guess I'm a sucker for brutal and violent tv shows where the only colors are shades of grey. No one is just good or evil. Loved Oz for that exact same reason.

I think I check out the corner and the homicide series too. The corner is just 10£ on amazon...
Quote from Hyperactive :I think the thing that made me like the wire was that it wasn't just a bunch of individual episodes but it had very good storyline arc over each season and then it kind of nicely has an end which sums up everything that has happened. in a way all of it make sense in the same way life doesn't make sense .

It has a bit that same feeling like the city of god movie even if the angle is totally different.

I'd guess I'm a sucker for brutal and violent tv shows where the only colors are shades of grey. No one is just good or evil. Loved Oz for that exact same reason.

I think I check out the corner and the homicide series too. The corner is just 10£ on amazon...

The Corner's production values are even more gritty than The Wire's, but if you can get past that it's pretty insanely good.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Melancholia: Gorgeously shot, very cool sfx, interesting concept, well-acted, didn't connect with me at all

I'd say classic von Trier, very heavy atmosphere, but i don't think there's more to it than that. As you said, it's pretty.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yeah, but it's a very atypical cop show. Probably the best thing that's ever been on TV, IMO.

The end of season 4 is just so sad...

So many moments and scenes that can be picked from that show the list is endless. Personal favorite is the scene in the first series were Mcnulty and Bunk do the crime scene with one particular word....brilliant TV

FTR I also enjoyed Generation Kill and Treme....never got around to the Corner but will one day.
Finally a good new movie...

50/50
I have to study, why would I start to watch Community and It's always sunny in Philadelphia three weeks before finals, damn it, so much time spent laughing and so little reading about toxins.
Can't find "The Wire" anywhere around here. It's not on TV, it's not on stores. Sigh.

In other news, I'm going through the "Alien" franchise. Watched the first ones when I was a little kid but it's been a long time now, and didn't watch the last two movies. Since Prometheus is being made and I want that, I thought it was a good time to refresh my mind.

I personally thought Alien was brilliant. Slow paced, suspenseful, really takes its time to build up for the second half. Well thought out and executed.
Aliens was more like an action movie, guns and explosions and 'bugs' being crushed all the time. Annoying characters that are only there to improve the body count. It's ok but not really my cup of tea.

Two down, two more to go.
Saw Sherlock Holmes last night. If you liked the first one this new one is more of the same.
First one sucked
Rare Exports - A nice twist on the traditional christmas film
Click - with Adam Sandler.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :Click - with Adam Sandler.

It's an ok family movie, nothing great but still entertraining.
Quote from The Very End :It's an ok family movie, nothing great but still entertraining.

well its funny, wierd and sad at the same time...liked that
True true! It was suprisingle sad for a commedy
haha Chuck Norris gonna be in Expendables 2.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG