The online racing simulator
Just wondering a couple things about the awesome MD render. Do you change the car models at all? Smooth the edges etc to make it look more realistic. Also is the paint material as complicated as it looks? Also, Vray, brazil, MR or other?
Quote from MorroW :

:wow: :bowdown:
Quote from Ryanry64 :Just wondering a couple things about the awesome MD render. Do you change the car models at all? Smooth the edges etc to make it look more realistic. Also is the paint material as complicated as it looks? Also, Vray, brazil, MR or other?

*Car models - no, we don't change them. Main reason is skinning. If you change model, skins don't fit any more. Also important thing is copyright stuff. There are some limitations how far to go with modeling.

*Paint material - Complicated? It is very basic Vray paint material. Not shellac...this will take weeks to render (I did few tests...oh that was booring.)

*Render engine - Brazil and Vray. MR is also good one...but that would mean again making new materials.
My first render pic
Attached images
Dracorender.jpg
lol you guys sure do get worked up by an HDRI
I'm in the process of making my XRR scene beter.

Mainly been working on the wheel area for the last 3 days. Hopefully, new tyres are to come and a texture for the brakepad and a decent colour for the disk. Cant remeber where i got the disk from but its sexual :P added all colours myself.
Attached images
EyeCandy.jpg
Nice work rockbigdave

Been working on my FZR scene a little...I actually think it's gotten worse but meh

Edit : added peachy version
Attached images
TSR_FZR_Render.jpg
Funwithshellac.jpg
lil´ modified scene with fzr in tksracingteam.sk colors
Attached images
fzr_garage1.jpg
I call it, 'Dark car on a mountain road at sunset'

edit : added non-widescreen version
Attached images
DarkFZR.jpg
DarkFZR_1280x1024.jpg
@Ryanry64
That render is so great, i cannot describe it ! Congratulations !
Only 1 thing I dont like about it is that the front lights are too dark imho :P
But otherwise, good job

&one from me :P
Attached images
user3.png
@Sisolak
Nice one ! / Pekná práca \
My scene really doesn't like glass for some reason. I replaced the dark glass with clear glass and it got darker. But I think it looks better

heh, parental advisory..
Attached images
DarkFZRDarklights.jpg
Quote from Ryanry64 :My scene really doesn't like glass for some reason. I replaced the dark glass with clear glass and it got darker. But I think it looks better

heh, parental advisory..

It could be the light is not passing through to light the objects behind the glass. For example, if you use Default Scanline Renderer, the type of shadow you choose for the light could cause that problem if you chose shadow map instead of raytrace shadow. One way you can get round that is go to your glass object property, select off 'cast shadow', and it will let light pass through it.
New FXR skin, nearly ready for release
Quote from Ryanry64 :I call it, 'Dark car on a mountain road at sunset'

edit : added non-widescreen version

Lights on maybe? And have low beams on. Oh, and if you are going to do an on version, do a 4:3 scaled one too
The only way to do lights would be in photoshop I believe. Since headlights just never look 'right' in Vray, atleast in my experience
new pics
NOt exactly finished but definetely worthy of show...
After a LOT of braing storming about ways to take advantage of the LFS textures, I have worked out a nice and simple way to mold my own tracks, currently making a nice big section of mountain track..
Here is one corner with minimum detail atm, but it still looks pretty sweet
http://www.austraracing.com/sh ... s%20Stuff/Pics/latest.jpg

very nice!
is the motion blur / dof from 3dsmax, or photoshop?
Righteous, very nice
Quote from ORION :very nice!
is the motion blur / dof from 3dsmax, or photoshop?

I use lightwave 3d orion, I love using Depth of field in my renders, adds a lot of realism i think.. Just takes a few extra passes That one only took about an hour to render though, so I am pleased with that.

I dont generally do anything with photoshopt to my renders. Its all done with the renderer

Having fun making a track at the moment, looking forward to showing you guys some sneek peeks

Here are some rims I just modelled to keep you occupied in the mean time
Attached images
Hi subpatch.jpg
2tyres.jpg
Righteous, nice
/me likey
Just thought I post a quickie render here, as I blew off the dust off Max the other day for some team renders. It's nothing 'exciting' but I like it. I just wish I had time to make nice scenes like everyone seems to be doing...
Attached images
FZR.jpg
This is a nice render, very nicely lit.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG