The online racing simulator
Another 2 problems have arisen. God knows how I have managed to do this but somehow I now have only two options when moving the car off from a standing position. I can either choose between an inverted handbrake or an inverted clutch. Either one I choose will cause the other to come into effect, and I stall and look a right banana. I have set the handbrake to button mode and the clutch is on automatic. I am using sequential transmission using the G25 shifter. I have got my LX4 with a gulf livery, and I have tweaked the engine sound, and got my own race setup.

But I can't drive it! I would be most grateful for people who are more expreinced than I to step foward and hopefully give me some help. Just got LFS S2 a minute ago as well.

Thanks,

TrackCarFan.
Quote from TrackCarFan :Hello!

Hello and welcome!

As for the issue with the steering you might have to change the settings in the logitech profiler; if the wheel rotation is set to 90 degrees any changed made in LFS wont go beyond 90.

Some info to get the best feel out of Logitech wheels can be found in the LFS Manual: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel

If you are having trouble setting up the controller in general - its worth having a look here: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Setting_up_the_wheel

As a S2 licensed driver you can race in demo, S1 and S2 servers, no problem in that.

Edit: A number of people do have trouble setting up the axes correctly the first time. Have a look the two above links and then follow the animation below to setup the axes.

YAHOOOO!!! thanks alot for your detailed response

I can now drive the car at last, it seems I'll need to download a Logitech profiler.

Thanks so so much,

TrackCarFan.
Fixed, controller working like a dream. Mclaren f1 livery equipped for the formula v8. That's the car i'll be driving from now on.

Best. Racing. Game...EVER!!

Thanks a bunch!
Update: steering is fine now I have reinstalled the latest version of the logitech profiler. I have followed all the advice so far, but the pedals still are not working and I can't figure out why??

Thanks,

TrackCarFan.
-
(TypeRacing) DELETED by TypeRacing : Tomba's post is deleted so I'll delete mine too.
its ok but allways someone is doughbag here
Quote from TrackCarFan : Update: steering is fine now I have reinstalled the latest version of the logitech profiler. I have followed all the advice so far, but the pedals still are not working and I can't figure out why??

Thanks,

TrackCarFan.

the wiki help is pretty complete but a lot of reading for sure.

in the logitech profiler, make sure separate axis is selected for the gas/brake. for the F1 car you'll want to set the range of the wheel to less than 900 degrees in the logitech profiler. in LFS you can set it to like 360 but if the profiler isn't also the same then it won't work. this can make a huge difference in feel with the open wheelers. also be sure to set the force level to 101% in the profiler. in game set this pretty low so the variety of effects can be felt.

in LFS go to the options and calibrate axes. as you play with each pedal, the wheel, you'll see the sliders moving. just make sure and assign each one correctly and make sure the brake and gas are on different axes. if you still have trouble ask a specific question and there are a lot of people on the forum who will be glad to help.

you probably already have it working hehe

have fun! oh and try the cargame.nl server some time once you have decent consistency. the lx4 can be a lot of fun on that server. you may also like fox junkies for some open wheel challenge.
Right, this is now officially FIXED XD

No more problems will arise regarding controllers, I have got my favourite livery for the FZ50 GTR (BMW Z4 GT3) and have been having a blast on the Super GT Lfs servers. GT racing is the way for me. Nothing beats 420BHP and a sequential gear box. :auto:

With many thanks,

TrackCarFan.
Hi, everyone
A few minutes ago I played LFS online for the first time, with BMW demo formula. I see there are some points (reputation?) that you get, so I was wandering where can I see my profile overview, points, etc, if anything like that exists in the first place
Thanks.

P.S. I have an unstable internet connection, play with mouse and keybord, so if you see me drifting in your way, just before you make the best lap in your life or an epic victory, please don't curse me :cartman:
Hello and welcome!

You can check you LFSWorld stats on http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=Schumarker or clicking the small icon below your username/number of posts on the left.

The reputation that you mentioned is quite likely the LFSEI, Live For Speed Experience Index which is calculated by Airio (a third party application) based on a number of stats from your races/uploaded hotlaps.

Ideally you would find your own LFSEI info here: http://stats.airio.eu/EXD.aspx?U=Schumarker. But if I recall correctly, if the Index is less than 100 points (i.e. for a new racer) it would not be stored. You will [hopefully] see it once you get more than 100 points.

You can see how it is scored by checking out another driver, in this case the one with the highest LFSEI: http://stats.airio.eu/EXD.aspx?U=fm-failure.

In-game you can type
!ex

(on some Airio-powered servers) to see the LFSEI info of the people connected at the time (incl. yourself).

Most of the players are alright and generally helpful; but there are some bad ones out there - so be prepared for a bit of swearing, crashing and general bad atitude aimed at yourself. Don't let it get to you - just drive your best.

See you on track!
@ schumarker - As the post before says thats how to check your stats and if you needed any help with setups or setting up the controllers to make easier to use then you can message me on here and il meet you on a server or if you come to MRc server then ask me as i remember being new and not having both of them ([MRc]Bish

good luck
Guys, many thanks for this simulator while I go for a drive an offline, very much are pleasant, thanks developers for such fine physics!(sorry for bad english)
Thank you very much, guys!

Quote :and if you needed any help with setups or setting up the controllers to make easier to use

Well, at the moment I don't have big ambitions and drive only for some fun, but thanks anyway. I hope one day I'd get steering wheel and screen larger than this 15 inch , then we'll talk business

See you on the road!
Hey, I've played LFS for a while but I'm a bit of a sporadic user.
Just bought S2, and HI guys.
hey guys just bought s2, been playing the demo for 2 days and absolutely love the game
Quote from Rysho :Hiya Forum, Just picked up S2 and may I say what a game! is there anyone (besides me) that uses a dual-analoge controller and is there a reasonably afforable wheel setup?

Logitech Rumblepad for me, and I've been playing using it since I found LFS.

I have Logitech DFGT wheel, but nowhere to leave it out, so fetching it out and playing is a bit of a drag, so it actually slows me down. Need to invest in a games room
Arriving very late to the race..
Hi all.

Just downloaded the demo last night and was very impressed with the way the XF GTI XR GT really felt. It felt very "right" in the way these car's handled. I have been sim racing for a few years now and just now got around to LFS. Should have looked at this sim alot sooner. I do have a couple questions before a possible purchase.

1, How's the North American Community here? Will i be able to find quality racing here in the states? I like to race with everyone but time zones restrict alot of that. At least for my life.

2, I have a G27, and i would like to use my shifter as a sequential with certain cars. Was unable to get the game to read it though. Is it possible to do with LFS?

Other than that, Hello to you all. Hope to race with you in the future.
Hello!

What sims were you into upto now? Anyway, better late than never; so welcome to LFS!

As for you second question: yes, it is possible, but due to the nature of the shifter on the G27 it would be awkward to use. The G25 had the built-in shifter as you might be aware of, unlike the G27.

What you could do is assign shift up and shift down (in Options>Controls>Buttons 1) to the shifter's 3rd and 4th respectively. So when you shift into 3rd it would go up a gear. But obviously, the shifter would stick in 3rd, so to shift up you'll have to shift to neutral and then shift back in to 3rd to go up another gear...

Don't forget to change the gear shift mode to "sequential" (Options>Controls), or toggle the gear shift mode with shift+G, or it would not shift...

Hope to see you on track!
Quote from Silverracer :
What you could do is assign shift up and shift down (in Options>Controls>Buttons 1) to the shifter's 3rd and 4th respectively. So when you shift into 3rd it would go up a gear.

If you move the stick to 3rd it should go down. This is the way that race cars (and G25) has it. Though street cars tend to be inverted. But, afterall, this is a personal thing, so set up it the way you prefer
Quote from Silverracer :Hello!

What sims were you into upto now? Anyway, better late than never; so welcome to LFS!

As for you second question: yes, it is possible, but due to the nature of the shifter on the G27 it would be awkward to use. The G25 had the built-in shifter as you might be aware of, unlike the G27.

What you could do is assign shift up and shift down (in Options>Controls>Buttons 1) to the shifter's 3rd and 4th respectively. So when you shift into 3rd it would go up a gear. But obviously, the shifter would stick in 3rd, so to shift up you'll have to shift to neutral and then shift back in to 3rd to go up another gear...

Don't forget to change the gear shift mode to "sequential" (Options>Controls), or toggle the gear shift mode with shift+G, or it would not shift...

Hope to see you on track!

Hi silverracer. I race alot of Rfactor, and NKpro, Some GTR2 The Cars project has been fun to watch develop. Though i don't really race that sim much due to it's early stages.

As for the G27 i just use this mod for my shifter for now. It's low tech. But it does work very well. I don't use that many rubber bands. Little bit of an overkill in the video. Thanks for your info for the setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUDq7_I2KY
Hola a todos, probando la demo, conforme pueda lo comprare, un saludo.
ola, i new to live for speed s2
anyone want buy me
where can i have setup
how to drive online
Quote from Almsfan :2, I have a G27, and i would like to use my shifter as a sequential with certain cars. Was unable to get the game to read it though. Is it possible to do with LFS?

Using the G27 sequential gear-shifter in LFS works fine. That's why we are here . Hope you find out soon how to configure it. Should be easy once you get the hang of the setup screen.
Sometimes we set up servers for "sequential shifters"+"clutch axis" control only. That way we have races "as real as it gets" with everyone using the same configs. It's nothing more than a pure blast .
Good to see you join the fun here at LFS, if you prefer "sim-like" games you have just found your way home - prepare to stay a long time .

@frotto110
ola, i new to live for speed s2 - Welcome! But I think you are new to LFS Demo, right?
anyone want buy me - I do not think so, I wont.
where can i have setup - Here
how to drive online - Make your pick among the demo servers after hitting "Multiplayer" in the game menu.

New players say hi here
(3705 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG