The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
Quote from Crashgate3 :Regarding the posts at the top of the page about the tank physics, one of the upcoming patches (IDK if it's the next one) will update the engine with proper physics for the tanks, so you'll be able to jump them and roll them, and fall off cliffs.

There's a video on Youtube somewhere (I can't get youtube at work so can't get the URL - just search 'World Of Tanks Physics'). They look a little 'floaty' but that's apparently because gravity is at half strength for that video to emphasise the effect.

Was planned for 7.0 originally but has been put back until 'early 2009/soon/when it's done'
Got my KV, yey Saving up for the derpcanon now
I finally unlocked the Hummel last night, although I need another 190K credits to actually buy it.
I'm dreading to save 1,078,000 credits for the KV-3
hehe, after the Hummel, the GW Panther is 1,250,300...
With premium it doesn't seem so bad saving for the higher tier tanks. Least when you have 3-4 to play with its ok
Yeah the premium effectively more than doubles the income. Basically when playing without premium you get say 5000credits from match and then pay 3000 for replairs and ammo you are left with 2000. With premium you get 7500 and so 7500-3000 is 4500. It's all relative and with some money maker tanks the premeium really speeds up things.

Personally I don't think the premium is worth it. 15€ per month for a super simple team deathmatch game is not worth it. But to anyone who enjoys the game the premium does make sense because it helps with the grinding. Especially with the xp. Money is easy to get, xp is hard.
Money becomes harder to get at higher tiers, when shells cost 1k each and repair bills are extortionate. This is by design though, they have always stated that you should have a T5 or T6 moneymaker to fund the playing of T8+.

I'm still making profit on most games at T7, and I am pretty sure that by the time I have the xp for the next tier I will already have most of the 2.5m in the bank. I am not really buying any of the expensive equipment though except in the half price offers.
I'm loving driving the Sherman at the moment, with the 105mm derp gun. If the Easy-8 you get after is anything like this I think that's going to be my main moneymaking tank.

Regarding creating platoons of more than 2 players, do you only have to be premium when you create the platoon, or do you need to maintain your premium status to keep the platoon going?
I've gone down the German line of tanks, gotta say I think they are more powerful. Ok the higher tier Russian tanks seem to be so as well, but I love the Tiger tank.

Whats your ID crashgate, I tired searching for you, but no luck.
I think I need to get involved in this. Looks like a cracker and I'm a bit cheesed off that I missed it first time around.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm loving driving the Sherman at the moment, with the 105mm derp gun. If the Easy-8 you get after is anything like this I think that's going to be my main moneymaking tank.

Regarding creating platoons of more than 2 players, do you only have to be premium when you create the platoon, or do you need to maintain your premium status to keep the platoon going?

A premium user creates the 3 man platoon and invites others into it, platoons do not continue across gaming sessions.

Quote from adamlfs :I've gone down the German line of tanks, gotta say I think they are more powerful. Ok the higher tier Russian tanks seem to be so as well, but I love the Tiger tank.

Whats your ID crashgate, I tired searching for you, but no luck.

I've done both German and Russian up to T7 so far, the Germans are certainly better at sniping, but the Russians pack a bigger punch which is useful when you find yourself as the lowest tank among a bunch of T9/10s.
Quote from adamlfs :Whats your ID crashgate, I tired searching for you, but no luck.

I'm 'BattleMetalChris' on the EU server.
Finally bought my Hummel! And my first battle was bloody Himmelsdorf...

After the Grille it's such a relief to have some decent lateral movement on the gun again. The Grille can only move 3 or 4 degrees either side before you have to turn the chassis, which really screews up the aim.
Just a heads up that there's a special on this weekend

Quote :Starting from 5:30 UTC, September 9th, and till 5:00 UTC, September 12th, all our brave tankers will enjoy the following offers:

Crew training rates doubled!
The exprerience for the first victory of the day increases by 5 (!) times!
50% discount on slots!

Sucks because I played till around 1:30 last night, so got my double XP for the first win of the day, but missed the 5x XP as it didn't start untill 5am

Might buy a couple of garage slots now they're cheap, I've got 300 free gold from a magazine promotion burning a hole in my wallet.
I also had 300 gold from a promo code, but I used mine to transfer xp from elite tanks into free xp.
What code? Can I has it too or is was it something personal/sensual type of thing?
Quote from Hyperactive :What code? Can I has it too or is was it something personal/sensual type of thing?

Various magazines came with a promo code, I was kindly given one by someone from #liveforspeed
It came with PC Gamer a few months ago, there was a code on the coverdisk. It gave you a day's free premium, 300 gold, an extra garage slot and an M22 Locust (which I sold for 180K credits).
152mm Derp canon at the ready
My new derp canon and score with the first time using it.. I was a little bit afk then realised I was the only player left on our team... So I waltzed down the middle of the map all the way to their base and derped everyone on the way

Hitbox skin....
Yeah, I found those too just a few days ago. Makes life a bit easier
sucks.

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG